Need Advice - Shopping for 06-07 Yukon

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hey everyone. Wife and I are turning in the leased 2011 Buick Regal CXL. We need a towing vehicle more buff than the Envoy XL we have ATM. So the wife would like to buy a Denali or Denali XL. Looking between years 2005-2007. I am thinking '06 at least. But it seems an '07 would be preferable due to the higher 380 HP, 6L80 trans, 3.73 gears. What is your guys take between the 2005-2007 years? Price seems to be a tight race depending on mileage (12K-14K).

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
we are getting a 2006 GMC Yukon Denali . It needs a little work much like my Envoy needed when we got it. Will let you know if I can contribute anything or need any further advice.

Reactions: MAY03LT and Matt

CaptainXL

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Hey everyone. Welcome my current additions to the family.

2006 Chevy Uplander LT AWD
2005 Chevy Tahoe LT 4WD

I know it's been about 8 months since I last posted anything. But I wanted to pickup where I left. We sold the Envoy some time ago. My family was operating on one vehicle since that's all we thought we needed. Life became busy and so I thought we didn't need to bother anyone for help. I figured for the dollars I was paying this establishment,,,that would be enough. Well not exactly...hey, just kidding!.

So anyway..its good to be back. So as you now know. We recently bought a 2005 Chevy Tahoe LT. It's very nice. Loaded with the LT autoride suspension, 5.3, leather interior and power everything. We also recently picked up a 2006 Chevy Uplander. It is currently almost 100%. When we bought it back in February it was in need of a little TLC. I do have a few questions regarding both vehicles regarding some EVAP issues but aside from those things seem pretty peachy. Well here is to you all and it feels good to be back.

Mounce

Mar 29, 2014
Tuscaloosa, AL
Quite a hiatus you had there lol, we had been wondering what happened to you, glad you're back and still in GM's even if it isn't a 360. :tiphat:

MAY03LT

Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
Welcome back. We bought an 04 Tahoe last november. Finally got it caught up on maintenance, all that's left is a few minor bugs to work out. The rear hvac is stuck on cold and sometimes the memory seat buttons don't work. I've had a lot of them have fuel pump failures around 120k so preparing for that as well. I found 2 tahoe forums but they look like they were bought and turned into ad farms. Guess I'll be seeing you in the fullsize section.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I've had an 06 and then an 08 Montana SV6, sister to the Uplander. The 08 we bought new and was great for all of its 160k km,. Only sold it because we didn't need it anymore. Not much needed fixed on it. The worst was a new water pump just before selling it this spring. Very reliable and I miss the huge cargo space with the seats removed.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Welcome back! Since you've been gone I picked up a full size also, just in the pick-em-up truck form.

What's your first mod going to be? :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.