need advice on shocks!

ksimm92

Original poster
Apr 28, 2012
hey everyone, I came across these brand new shocks on craigslist, I am not very familiar with shocks or suncore brand but I would like to change my struts and shocks in the very near future.

If anyone could give me their opinion on if I should scoop these up or get something different that would be awesome!

these go for $159, this person said they are brand new in the box and is only asking $60.

in the picture I can see that these are for the envoy xl & ext ... will these still fit my swb 04 trailblazer?

thanks!

http://http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/3154259762.html

Dec 4, 2011
ksimm92 said:
hey everyone, I came across these brand new shocks on craigslist, I am not very familiar with shocks or suncore brand but I would like to change my struts and shocks in the very near future.

If anyone could give me their opinion on if I should scoop these up or get something different that would be awesome!

these go for $159, this person said they are brand new in the box and is only asking $60.

in the picture I can see that these are for the envoy xl & ext ... will these still fit my swb 04 trailblazer?

thanks!

http://http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/pts/3154259762.html

From my experience here most folks go with either Bilstein or Monroe. Not saying others are not OK but I think the majority go with these two. I replaced my factory Bilstein's with Bilstein HD. I am very pleased with them. Rears are super easy, Fronts a little more intimidating with the Struts. But with care still doable at home with the proper tools

You also might want to try Shockwarehouse.com, these people seem to treat us right.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Personally, I'd shun them just because the plural of "shock" should not have an apostrophe, but I'm a grammar nut, and errors like that sometimes indicate a Chinese counterfeit.

View attachment 21979

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 175

CRAZYDAVE

Jul 22, 2012
I just replaced my rear shocks with Monroe sensa-trac,and I bought the Quick-Strut assembly from Monroe for the front. Awesome absolutely awesome. The quick struts are more expensive. My springs were really nicked up so I opted for the whole thing. Definately saved alot of time.I bought them from Advanced Auto Parts. Purchased them online and save $50 bucks on purchase and recieved a $25 coupon. I priced them out on amazon and rockauto. Delivery will get ya. Good Luck. Trucks like brandnew.:wootwoot:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
What Bilstein shocks came stock on the platforms? I have bilsteins on Phantom now, but they are crappy and rusted hardcore. I know they are bilstein because of the blue and white sticker on all 4 of them. Just curious, sorry for hijacking lol

ETA- Mine are just metal looking with the blue and white sticker. I will grab a picture tomorrow when I get a chance.

Again, sorry for hijacking the thread lol

BuckeyeEvan

Apr 1, 2012
I saw an advertisement on the web for shockwarehouse.com saying promo code: Shock55
that code should knock off a few percentages off the price.:thumbsup:

Pittdawg

Dec 5, 2011
CRAZYDAVE said:
I just replaced my rear shocks with Monroe sensa-trac,and I bought the Quick-Strut assembly from Monroe for the front. Awesome absolutely awesome. The quick struts are more expensive. My springs were really nicked up so I opted for the whole thing. Definately saved alot of time.I bought them from Advanced Auto Parts. Purchased them online and save $50 bucks on purchase and recieved a $25 coupon. I priced them out on amazon and rockauto. Delivery will get ya. Good Luck. Trucks like brandnew.:wootwoot:

The front sensatracs I purchased were absolute garbage. The rear reflexes are nice though.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Voymom said:
What Bilstein shocks came stock on the platforms?
Cheap-ass $5 black painted Bilsteins, sold to GM with a Bilstein sticker so GM could claim to have superior chocks. Except their "OEM" grade shocks suck donkey ass compared to most any aftermarket shock, including Bilstein, that are sold to enthusiasts who know the difference and appreciate a better shock.

Bilstein is not above diluting their reputation for a little corporate sell-out.

Sad day when they made that decision.

And sadder that a ruse like that works when committed on the American public. :hissyfit:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
the roadie said:
Cheap-ass $5 black painted Bilsteins, sold to GM with a Bilstein sticker so GM could claim to have superior chocks. Except their "OEM" grade shocks suck donkey ass compared to most any aftermarket shock, including Bilstein, that are sold to enthusiasts who know the difference and appreciate a better shock.

The Bilsteins I just took off mine were yellow (albeit rusted to hell) with the blue protectors with the stickers, same as the ones I bought from ShockWarehouse. I doubt very much they were replaced and up here, nobody buys Bilsteins. BTW, love the new Bilsteins.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online