Need a simple PCB built (paying $$ - any takers?)

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
This thread continues my quest to enable tow/haul capability. I'm now at the part where I need to build the mechanism - and since I'm not really facile with doing this on my own, I'm looking to contract this out. Figured I'd start here, given the audience :smile:

I need this built - as you can see, it's pretty simple. 1 relay, a couple of capacitors, three resistors, an LED, and a CD4013 'flip flop' (hey, TI calls it this; don't blame me), all done up on a small PCB.

I will provide the switch from my end, and I'm leaning toward using a momentary, if possible (if not, I don't mind hooking up a physical toggle (DPDT?)

1524416361281.png

If you're interested, contact me via PM. I will pay for all parts (I can order them, if desired), *and* I will pay for your labor to put this all together (name your price, but please don't gouge a fellow GMTNation member, just because he is too dumb / stupid / lazy to do this himself!) Yes, I am serious about doing this.

Looking to do this fairly soon if possible, as I'm going to be taking the trailer out very soon to 'points west' :smile:

Once it's built, I'll connect it to pin J-71 (blue) on my PCM. After exchanging e-mail on this w/ Jeremy @ Lime-Swap, I found out that this should be 'enabled' from the moment I connect this up - *no* programming needed (remember, I have the 5.3L, but if you 4.2L guys are interested in this, the info is out there somewhere, I'm sure).

I got the info from an F-body forum; they use T/H for racing purposes. The schematic is actually from a French-based F-body board (hence, the French text).

Finally, one other thing I chatted w/ Jeremy about - Flex Fuel capability for the 360 V8s. It's 'do-able', but may be some trial / error involved (more on this in a separate thread, if anyone's interested - trying to keep this one on-topic).

Last edited:

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
If anybody can put this together for you on here it would be @Blckshdw @Sparky. They now there way around 12v dc. I'm way more skilled at a.c. Not that I couldn't pull it off but between my 9-5 work and all the work I have at my brothers shop to do. Not to mention family stuff I just don't have the time. Good luck with this.

Not to high jack your thread or anything like that but here's a link to a bunch of guys who have helped me out alot when it comes to 12v stuff. www.the12volt.com/installbay/vehicles.html

They are local to me (just over the Verrazano bridge) in Staten island. I've been to there shop numerous times when I had electrical issues with my range rovers.

Reactions: Reprise

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
That looks simple enough, you can go with a push button switch. A momentary switch you would have to hold it in order for it to work. It looks like you will still have to run it to power and a pin on the PCM. Pigtails could be left for you to add onto.

Reactions: xavierny25

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I would imagine you would have to put the switch somewhere in the dash, why not just use a toggle or rocker switch with an LED? Or a push on/push off? Just sayin' :smile:

Reprise

Original poster
Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
Well...my original plan was to take the gearshift module from a later 360 w/ Stabilitrak - and I have one stashed away. Only downside is no visual alert.

I'll use whatever is easiest; some sort of lighted rocker would be good, I guess.

You can see I need a l'il help if I'm calling that Stabilitrak button a 'momentary'...lol...and I appreciate the clarification :smile:

@xavierny25 - no hijack was detected at all - appreciate the link - very helpful! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Reprise … I think I can help you with your PCB fabrication issue. In another Life on another Forum involving the GM V6 660 Engines… As “60dgrzbelow0” ….I was reaching the point in the design of my “FrankInjector EFI Off The Vehicle Cleaning Machine” where I needed to have a PCB Designer give me a helping hand for the schematic design and fabrication of a decent Controller. Enter…

www.dinofab.com ...EDIT... Dead Link...

Try this one and/or Google Dean (Dino) Segovis... and follow the Added Links at the bottom of the page:

http://hackaweek.com/hacks/?p=1156

...and you can reach him via email here:

makerdino@gmail.com

This Man was AWESOME in the help he rendered for the creation of MOSFET circuit Schematic Designs in Multiples of the required sub-sections to deal with each EFI on the machine circuit. So if ANYBODY can Help You… Dino can! If you want to wade through another long-winded subject thread by Your’s Truly (Please… I’m begging you ...DON’T DO IT!) Instead ...just take a peek at the Post Messages #s 296-297 at this link:

http://www.60degreev6.com/vb5/forum...me-made-fuel-injector-cleaning-machine/page20

Last edited:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
You could mount the LED somewhere on your dash for the visual alert.

That circuit is designed for a momentary button. You cannot use a toggle because pin 71 on the PCM just gets a momentary ground to tell it to switch modes, according to what I looked up. Using a toggle would hold it to ground, and who knows what that would do.

The flip-flop is what should toggle the LED on or off each time the button is pushed.

The only thing I'm not exactly sure on is why there is a relay to begin with. Maybe just to isolate pin 71 from the LED circuitry, but why not a momentary double pole push button? Hm.

I'll think on it more.

Reactions: littleblazer

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I've held the tow haul button on the Escalade. Iirc it doesn't do anything. However on a duramax I believe it toggles trans braking.

As for the relay, it may just be a matter of what is easier to get. I'm sure overseas electronic parts aren't as cheap as here. Its also probably easier to get locally I'd guess. I am reading it right in that the relay is on the positive side and not the negative side though right? It's been a bit since I've read a wiring diagram or schematic of any sorts.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86