Navigation system CD error

lesam678

Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Had a recall notice for the driver door panel on the 97x. The navigation worked fine before taking the truck in for service, next day I noticed I was getting an error on the navigation system with either CD error or no map cd installed. I don't think the dealer did anything to the nav system but just wanted another option (just funny it happened the day after it had been in for service). Also, can the nav dvd/cd system be repaired or will it need to be replaced?

Thanks!

ddgm

May 7, 2013
lesam678 said:
Had a recall notice for the driver door panel on the 97x. The navigation worked fine before taking the truck in for service, next day I noticed I was getting an error on the navigation system with either CD error or no map cd installed. I don't think the dealer did anything to the nav system but just wanted another option (just funny it happened the day after it had been in for service). Also, can the nav dvd/cd system be repaired or will it need to be replaced?

Thanks!

Is the map CD still in there? What did the recall notice say? So far I haven't got one for mine.

lesam678

Original poster
Nov 5, 2012
Yes the disc is in the nav slot. Did put it in the disc in the home computer and it can bring up files, they won't open because I don't have a program that will work. So that leads me yo believe it must be the nav disc reader.

As for the recall only vehicles sold or registred in some states got the recall. Has to do with road salt getting into the drivers door panel and causing corrosion to the electronics. If it is corroded then they will replace/fix otherwise the put some lubricant on the parts and call it a day.

ddgm

May 7, 2013
I also have a STS RWD with NAV and some of the members on that forum have had that problem, I haven't. Some have disconnected the battery cables and touched the leads together which discharges any capacitors. They then hook the battery back up which forces a reboot of the NAV. Sometimes it solves the problem. I haven't had my 97x very long, if fact it is in Florida and I'm in Ontario for about 5 more months, so I'm not sure if this procedure is detrimental to our platforms. Something to think about.

ddgm

May 7, 2013
ddgm said:
I also have a STS RWD with NAV and some of the members on that forum have had that problem, I haven't. Some have disconnected the battery cables and touched the leads together which discharges any capacitors. They then hook the battery back up which forces a reboot of the NAV. Sometimes it solves the problem. I haven't had my 97x very long, if fact it is in Florida and I'm in Ontario for about 5 more months, so I'm not sure if this procedure is detrimental to our platforms. Something to think about
After posting this I did some more reading on this site and there is some concern regarding the heating/AC actuators being screwed up due to losing voltage due to battery failure or disconnection. Seems that they have to relearn positioning and older actuators could fail. Wish I had known this before disconnecting the battery in my 9-7x when I left Florida. So, maybe just pull the fuse for the NAV for awhile and try to reboot it that way.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fishermandude

Members Online

No members online now.