Nav with backup camera

zippy216

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I would like to replace my factory head unit (bose with nav and satellite) in my 2007 envoy denali with a new unit with a backup camera.Can anyone recommend a unit with all of the components that will keep the steering wheel controls active and also allow bluetooth calling, handsfree if possible?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Anything you'll get, will require an add on adapter to keep the steering wheel controls functional.

My recommendation, surf through Crutchfield.com and/or SonicElectronix.com, put in your vehicle details and punch in your criteria. You'll get a good list of goodies to sort through, and they'll tell you what all adapters you'll need to keep all your stock functions working. :twocents:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
zippy216 said:
I would like to replace my factory head unit (bose with nav and satellite) in my 2007 envoy denali with a new unit with a backup camera.Can anyone recommend a unit with all of the components that will keep the steering wheel controls active and also allow bluetooth calling, handsfree if possible?

Will you be selling the factory head unit with nav? I wonder if it would plug n play in my Denali? :undecided:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
i have pioneer 4300 and i love it should do everything u need

zippy216

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Will you be selling the factory head unit with nav? I wonder if it would plug n play in my Denali? :undecided:

If I get a new unit I will probably sell the factory head unit. And I have the original nav disk.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
zippy216 said:
If I get a new unit I will probably sell the factory head unit. And I have the original nav disk.

Well keep me in mind if this does happen I may be interested to get it.

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
zippy216 said:
I would like to replace my factory head unit (bose with nav and satellite) in my 2007 envoy denali with a new unit with a backup camera.
My '09 (Bose nav) has the camera built in. I think the camera was available in the '08 and maybe in the '07.

Perhaps your unit can be retro fitted.

mubai

Jan 5, 2012
I bought a real cheapy ($18) backup camera and installed it using the rear license plate screws. Quality is ok, bc I had to add more length to it and the connector was the wrong type for the HU. But it works pretty good in daytime and ok at night the infrared LEDs aren't as powerful as I would like them.

My HU is the Pioneer Avic x920bt. Their built in mic sucks (too noisy on the other end), but once a call is coming in the HU mutes/pauses the music and I can answer the phone. I use a BT headset, cause I like the noise canceling feature.

zippy216

Original poster
Apr 23, 2012
I may pull the trigger on the Kenwood DNX-6190 HD radio/Navigation head unit and Kenwood CMOS-310 camera next week. If I do I will be selling the factory unit to offset some of the cost of the new unit. Anyone interested and what are you looking to pay?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
zippy216 said:
I may pull the trigger on the Kenwood DNX-6190 HD radio/Navigation head unit and Kenwood CMOS-310 camera next week. If I do I will be selling the factory unit to offset some of the cost of the new unit. Anyone interested and what are you looking to pay?

I'm willing to pay a fair price if it's affordable for me. I don't know what a fair is or how much you need to do the deal. Shipping would be an added cost for me as well. pm me and throw something out there...I'm sure it'll work in my truck? got any pictures and is it in good condition? If its a good deal I'll buy it up.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Can someone confirm this Nav unit will still operate my rear audio controls and DVD functions, such as my rear speakers shut off when kids watching dvd's with headphones. I won't lose anything right, steering wheel controls, xm?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Denali n DOO said:
Can someone confirm this Nav unit will still operate my rear audio controls and DVD functions, such as my rear speakers shut off when kids watching dvd's with headphones. I won't lose anything right, steering wheel controls, xm?

Can anyone shed some light on a nav unit swap from an 07 Denali without rear DVD to my 06 Denali with rear DVD. Is everything still gonna work? Sound quality would be the same right?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Denali n DOO said:
Can anyone shed some light on a nav unit swap from an 07 Denali without rear DVD to my 06 Denali with rear DVD. Is everything still gonna work? Sound quality would be the same right?

CdnGMan said:
If anything, you'll most likely have to get it re-programmed by the stealership...

[insert flashlight smiley here] :raspberry:

You may wanna check with your local dealership to see what they charge for a VIN reprogram first, make sure it's still worth the expense. :book: :coffee:

Since they are both Bose units, sound quality should sound the same. Not sure on the rear DVD stuff though. :redface:

RayVoy

Nov 20, 2011
Considering the cost of building and stocking different head units, I would think they would be compatible. If the two units have the same connectors, on the rear, they should work the same.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online