NAPA Eclipse Calipers - Part Number for EXT?

Kurb

Original poster
May 3, 2014
My right front caliper seized up on my TB EXT. I just noticed that it was pulling to the left when braking this week, and a day or two later, the brakes started grinding. My wife noticed the pulling about a week or two ago, but I didn't listen. :wink:

I checked it out yesterday, and noticed that the rotor was torn up pretty bad, so I did not have time to wait to order parts. Today I bought Eclipse remanufactured calipers from NAPA (along with the ultra premium coated rotors - bought AC Delco pads from the dealer). When I tried to install one of the calipers, the bracket was too small. I checked the part numbers online, and they matched the parts that the store gave me (SE-5555B and SE-5556B). I like the way the calipers look, so l would like to stick with them.

Does anyone know the correct part number for the EXT NAPA Eclipse caliper?

I suspect that they gave me the short wheel base brackets. If I can't get these with the correct brackets, it does look like the calipers would work with the old brackets. I would just have to paint the brackets black to match. Are the calipers for the short wheel base identical to the EXT?

If I can't make it work, does anyone have any recommendations for calipers that I can buy from an auto parts store?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Calipers are the same. Only the brackets are different.

Kurb

Original poster
May 3, 2014
The correct part numbers are SE-5555A and SE-5556A. NAPA had the part listed incorrectly for the 4.2L EXT. I looked up the 5.3L part number and was able to point them in the right direction today.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online

No members online now.