Name That Trim Piece

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
Can anyone name this part? And also maybe give me a part number? It's the trim piece above the rear window glass, that has the 3rd brake light in it. The paint on my truck looks good except for this one plastic piece. All the clearcoat is chipped and falling off and the paint is all discolored. If I could have a part name and/or a part number, I'm going to try to see if I can get one on ebay on the cheap. I'll have to match my color too but first things first.

Also note, this isn't my truck, just a random TB pic I got on facebook:

Attachments

• tb-trim.gif
    tb-trim.gif
    137.1 KB · Views: 13

l008com

Original poster
Feb 19, 2016
Massachusetts
$250+, well scratch that plan. I'll stick with the old one. I was expecting to see pages of these parts dirt cheap cause they're so old. Oh well.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Could try a pick-a-part yard for a same coloured one in good shape. I can't say that I have seen these peeling like yours, including my old '02 which spent its whole life outside.

Might not cost too much if you take it off and bring it to a shop to get it repainted.

m.mcmillen

Apr 29, 2016
Wisconsin
If you wanted to take it off and paint it yourself I don't think it would be too much trouble. The Napa store in my town mixes paint and I can give them a paint code and they can mix it and put it in an aerosol can. Some single stage paint would probably do the trick for that part.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online