Mysterious Clunking/Rattling Under Driver's Side Floorpan

mellis

Original poster
Jan 26, 2012
My wife has been complaining about what she called a rattling or gurgling sound coming from the Envoy. Took it this morning, and it's definitely some sort of weird vibration... I really feel it in the floorpan on the driver's side. Can't really figure it out. It happens at idle and at highway speed, but it doesn't seem to be constant. It does not appear to be from a motor mount, it does it in all gears and at varying rpm's.

Any quick armchair diagnostics? I ran a search before I posted, but didn't see anything.

First time I took it was this morning, didn't have time to crawl underneath and look while I'm here at work.

Also noticed compnine had been shuttered, anyone find a replacement? That site was awesome.

Finally, glad to be here at the new forum... When I get a minute, I will copy/paste my "ignition switch replacement with pics" post from the TV forum for inclusion here. Seemed to help quite a few people out...

asautt

Dec 5, 2011
This is not vehicle specific, haven't even been under the wife's TB yet. If I were hearing a "rattle, gurgle" under any vehicle, the first thing I would do is a thorough inspection of the exhaust system.

Alan

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
mellis said:
My wife has been complaining about what she called a rattling or gurgling sound coming from the Envoy. Took it this morning, and it's definitely some sort of weird vibration... I really feel it in the floorpan on the driver's side. Can't really figure it out. It happens at idle and at highway speed, but it doesn't seem to be constant. It does not appear to be from a motor mount, it does it in all gears and at varying rpm's.

Any quick armchair diagnostics? I ran a search before I posted, but didn't see anything.

First time I took it was this morning, didn't have time to crawl underneath and look while I'm here at work.

Also noticed compnine had been shuttered, anyone find a replacement? That site was awesome.

Finally, glad to be here at the new forum... When I get a minute, I will copy/paste my "ignition switch replacement with pics" post from the TV forum for inclusion here. Seemed to help quite a few people out...

:tiphat: Welcome:tiphat:

In case you haven't
heard:
http://gmtnation.com/f5/welcome-gmtnation-com-heres-story-226/

Is the sound there even in Park or Neutral if you rev the engine?

Does it change if you're driving and put it in neutral?

GM Parts at GM Parts East | Genuine OEM GM Parts This is a good replacement for Compnine.

Also, it might help if you fill in your Envoy info.

mika

Dec 6, 2011
Is it rattle or a gurgle?? rattle is most often a heat shield or a dust deflector, a gurgle is liquid, a whole different ball game.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher