My wreck today.

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
Some whore rear ended me. Not paying attention and slammed my ass. Luckily i had the ball hitch on and it took the impact. The grand am that hit me looked like it hit a wall. it was leaking antifreeze and the hood/bumper was bashed up. I saw it coming and it was like Hold on Tight.

View attachment 20607

the rear door looks ok but the rubber molding is squeeshed out so i havent opened it. the hatch glass opens fine. I kinda worried about the hitch/frame since that took the force.

Attachments

• w1.jpg
    w1.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 48
  • w2.jpg
    w2.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 48
  • w3.jpg
    w3.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 44

BOOMERZ

Dec 5, 2011
i would have the truck at a body shop put up on a frame machine to measure the frame to see if its twisted or pushed in at all , but at least your ok , it can be fixed

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Glad your ok, u should still get it looked at though if the force from the fender bender caused the rubber lining to come out then I would get someone to take a look at it and the hitch framing. That's why I got my rhino hitch bar so assholes not paying attention would hit that instead of my bumper.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
Glad to hear you're OK. Any clue what her distraction was caused by? Classic texting/eating/personal care? Hopefully not a kid in the back seat she was turned around to discipline? Jeez I see too much of that.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
BTW How do you know she's a whore? Did she offer services to pay for the damage?

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I can understand the OPs spur of the moment anger though. When my TB got hit by a plow, I was super pissed and called the guy an "old c**k sucking piece of sh*t" (not to his face or anything like that but while I was inside on the ph)

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
the roadie said:
Hopefully not a kid in the back seat she was turned around to discipline?

Glad it wasn't serious. roadie, funny you say that since thats exactly why I got rear ended into the oncoming lane of 60mph traffic one time. She admitted she was turned around smacking her kid when I was extracted out of the car. The guy that hit me head-on wasn't as lucky. Some mornings I'd swear everyother car on the freeway is texting.

Fire06

Dec 18, 2011
Jkust said:
Glad it wasn't serious. roadie, funny you say that since thats exactly why I got rear ended into the oncoming lane of 60mph traffic one time. She admitted she was turned around smacking her kid when I was extracted out of the car. The guy that hit me head-on wasn't as lucky. Some mornings I'd swear everyother car on the freeway is texting.

Scarey shit

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Fire06 said:
Scarey shit

Ha, i'd be dead if I didn't have the air bag. They since completely changed the intersection since so many cars got the same treatment I did. Regardless, I won't text or email while driving but of course it's the 17 year old texting that takes you out.

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
I just heard the dumbest thing today. The closest Enterprise rental is 30mins away. So they are gonna drive to the body shop to pick me up to take me back 30miles to the store to sign papers. Wtf.

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Glad you are okay.:thumbsup: Sucks that it happend. :frown:

Black_tb

Dec 6, 2011
i'm so glad to hear that your ok maybe you can make it work for you see if you can get a newer style bumper or some money back

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
It appears at least mostly superficial from what I can tell in the pics - The liftgate itself doesn't look like it got hit. Of course I'd definitely get it all checked out especially since it is on their dime and not yours.

YOUNG

Dec 4, 2011
Jkust said:
Ha, i'd be dead if I didn't have the air bag. They since completely changed the intersection since so many cars got the same treatment I did. Regardless, I won't text or email while driving but of course it's the 17 year old texting that takes you out.

you think 17 year olds texting and driving is bad then you should see most middle aged people do it.. :eek: thats worse.
either way no one should be texting and driving, or doing the # of other distracting things most people do. :lipsrsealed:

glad OP is ok tho!

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
[video=youtube_share;FxZxjgKcsPE]http://youtu.be/FxZxjgKcsPE[/video]

suburbs

Jan 6, 2012
Rubberman said:
I just heard the dumbest thing today. The closest Enterprise rental is 30mins away. So they are gonna drive to the body shop to pick me up to take me back 30miles to the store to sign papers. Wtf.

First world problems.

Rubberman

Original poster
Dec 14, 2011
I got my TB back last week but really just now noticed this so i will take it back for them to correct. The right side of the rear bumper, the body lines dont match up. I dont know how the bumper attaches underneath but it seems they didnt pay attention when putting it back on.

View attachment 21050

Attachments

• bumper2.jpg
    bumper2.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 9
  • bumper1.jpg
    bumper1.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 9

07ChevyTruck

Dec 5, 2011
Looks like the body and fender person didn't look over the work to carefully. :undecided:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
pretty minor, those are easily adjusted IIRC.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online