Dec 8, 2011
custom exhaust I fabricated.

3" greddy piping
3" greddy highflow cat
3" in FLOWMASTER super 40 exhaust to dual 2.5"s out
dual "Dual corvette tips" flowmaster
borla 2.5" piping

DRIVE BY
[video=youtube;1U3WC0WXGN4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1U3WC0WXGN4&feature=plcp&context=C3dfc0a9UDOEgsToPDskK4Q5vh_Bbq-nxWxJIuuDwX[/video]

EXHAUST
[video=youtube;ONAoqM69mg0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ONAoqM69mg0&feature=plcp&context=C39222dfUDOEgsToPDskILcG9BS_IMbMumkEi35JkH[/video]

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
That sounds good man!! I like that :yes: How much did that end up running you in the end if you dont mind me asking?

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
That sounds good man!! I like that :yes: How much did that end up running you in the end if you dont mind me asking?

Thanks man yea it sounds good :thumbsup: it ran me in the neighborhood of about $1,000 dollars and about 4 weeks of planning/research haha.
Greddy piping = $230
Borla bends/piping = $250
Flowmater super40 = $99
Greddy Highflow 3" cat = $199
Flowmaster Corvette tips = $85
Hangers/Clamps = $50

Additional:
$90 replaced both o2 sensors
$150 AEM wideband sensor and controller
$50 Glowshift wideband A/F DIGITAL display gauge

It took so long because (1. every paycheck I bought another piece until I had everything) and 2. I and had to calculate the bends over rear axle because I couldn't find anyone who had a setup like what I wanted. I used 45* elbows and 90* bends and straight pipes. I welded in a bung for a wideband A/F gauge 6 inches after the cat and a foot or so before the flowmaster

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Damn that does seem about the right price for what you did and what I figured to see! I wish I can afford a nice dual exhaust like that but cannot lol but does sound good man! Nice job on them :biggrin:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
would love to hear it in person as the vid just doesnt do it justice for me.. sometimes it sounds like a tuner exhaust, but i know how videos can muffle the actual sound because my Corsa on my SS sounds differnet in person then over a video...

nice job on the exhaust though.. definetly something different for the I6 folks :thumbsup:, and i wouldve guessed Ramen Noodles over mac and cheese for how much everything cost you :raspberry::rotfl:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
would love to hear it in person as the vid just doesnt do it justice for me.. sometimes it sounds like a tuner exhaust, but i know how videos can muffle the actual sound because my Corsa on my SS sounds differnet in person then over a video...

nice job on the exhaust though.. definetly something different for the I6 folks :thumbsup:, and i wouldve guessed Ramen Noodles over mac and cheese for how much everything cost you :raspberry::rotfl:

My exhaust is a joke on camera lol anyway bada** exhaust for an I6 very nice. LEGIT

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:

DEFINITELY ! THANKS !!! if anything listen on some headphones or something with good bass. no riceburner here. Its like a hybrid between tuner and muscle. I eliminated the greddy parts that would make it sound like a mosquito and added the muscle parts to rumble. :yes: where you at maybe sometime you can hear it in person! :wootwoot:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
DEFINITELY ! THANKS !!! if anything listen on some headphones or something with good bass. no riceburner here. Its like a hybrid between tuner and muscle. I eliminated the greddy parts that would make it sound like a mosquito and added the muscle parts to rumble. :yes: where you at maybe sometime you can hear it in person! :wootwoot:

I'll have to find some headphones then lol... and i see your in PA, im in northern Ohio next to cleveland.. so maybe a mid atlantic meet sometime.. i went to a meet in Pittsburrgh 2 years ago at a QS&L.. was good times...

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:
I'll have to find some headphones then lol... and i see your in PA, im in northern Ohio next to cleveland.. so maybe a mid atlantic meet sometime.. i went to a meet in Pittsburrgh 2 years ago at a QS&L.. was good times...

HELL YEA! your not that far at all. definitely shoot me a message if you hear of anything about any meets coming up. I'd like that. You ever go to Thompson Speedway.. outside of Madison Ohio? that would be a neat place for a meet / cookout sometime :undecided:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
HELL YEA! your not that far at all. definitely shoot me a message if you hear of anything about any meets coming up. I'd like that. You ever go to Thompson Speedway.. outside of Madison Ohio? that would be a neat place for a meet / cookout sometime :undecided:

fo sho!! lol... havent been to PA since... but im sure we can spark up a meet... my brother has a couple of friends out there too... so might make a little trip outta it one day...

and no i dont go to Thompson... i only go to Norwalk.. well Summit Raceway as its called now... and ive been meaning to get out to Dragway 42 in Salem, OH...

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:
fo sho!! lol... havent been to PA since... but im sure we can spark up a meet... my brother has a couple of friends out there too... so might make a little trip outta it one day... and no i dont go to Thompson... i only go to Norwalk.. well Summit Raceway as its called now... and ive been meaning to get out to Dragway 42 in Salem, OH...

hahaha awesome. Yea Id like to go to Nelson Ledges Road Course some time when I get the money. And yea im down to meet up. Theres never been a meet by me. Only in pitt. hopefully more people will get on the site and meet up

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
ConeKilrAutoX said:
hahaha awesome. Yea Id like to go to Nelson Ledges Road Course some time when I get the money. And yea im down to meet up. Theres never been a meet by me. Only in pitt. hopefully more people will get on the site and meet up

oh there will be plenty of meets in Ohio... we always do little get togethers... but just be on the look out in midwest section come srping and summer... and we'll see if we can swing a meet out to the PA peeps :yes:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Boricua SS said:
oh there will be plenty of meets in Ohio... we always do little get togethers... but just be on the look out in midwest section come srping and summer... and we'll see if we can swing a meet out to the PA peeps :yes:

GOOD DEAL I will be on the look out!

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
See this nonsense my exhaust barely exist on camera. Thank god i debadged all that nonsense on the back that's all I can say. Last owner = Idiot

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
See this nonsense my exhaust barely exist on camera. Thank god i debadged all that nonsense on the back that's all I can say. Last owner = Idiot

lol that sounds nice I Like it put my bass headphones on and that sounds sweet! :yes: It sounds badass

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Nice man!! Is your truck rocking anymore power then what the stock gives you?

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Nice man!! Is your truck rocking anymore power then what the stock gives you?

thanks man. and yea it is I need to dyno it this summer because the last chart I have was from the turbo before the pcm failed. (i do want to work on it again this summer and might just have to run a standalone somehow Im not sure yet tho it all depends on money :undecided:)

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
ConeKilrAutoX said:
thanks man. and yea it is I need to dyno it this summer because the last chart I have was from the turbo before the pcm failed. (i do want to work on it again this summer and might just have to run a standalone somehow Im not sure yet tho it all depends on money :undecided:)

ahh okay got it!! performance mods get really expensive. That is why I stay away from it lol If I had an SS I actually prob would do some performance mods

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
ConeKilrAutoX said:
this is just a quick run. lost some traction on my new 22's at the beginning tho :frown: so much for trying to make them last haha
[video=youtube;3sGSSzi07HY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sGSSzi07HY[/video]

Love the way you have all your gauges set up. You replace the dash backlights with LEDs?

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
[PDF][/PDF]
cody_s said:
Very nice. I've been wanting to do the LEDs, but I'm too nervous about doing something wrong lol.

Haha so was I....but its not bad as long as your careful when soldering. I got my supplies and just set aside a few hours some beer and threw on some british topgear.

cody_s

Dec 6, 2011
Atlanta, GA
ConeKilrAutoX said:
[PDF][/PDF]

Haha so was I....but its not bad as long as your careful when soldering. I got my supplies and just set aside a few hours some beer and threw on some british topgear.

Well British Topgear is on Netflix, maybe I should do this after all :tongue:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
follow up after I forgot to post this vids months ago and didnt think about it until I got a like today and it reminded me ... this was the final run before the turbo build took place and left the car disabled since November 2012 :sadcry:

the voys last N/A 0-100ish.
[video=youtube;x_AlqXdZBWU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_AlqXdZBWU&feature=youtu.be[/video]

hopefully in a few weeks I can post a clip of the turbo whistle and blow off purge as well as the leakless, catless, exhaust :yes:

ConeKilrAutoX

Original poster
Dec 8, 2011
Ryda55555 said:
You and the guy with the supercharger should do a 1/4 in the future :thumbsup:

hahahaha :iagree::wootwoot: that would be fun. I would love just to check out his setup! He put some serious time into it and it is really cool seeing another forced induction method used on a vehicle like ours. I hope I get mine up and running soon. just waiting for a few more parts :crazy:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Hey, if someone wants to give me the needed 5k, i'd be happy to throw a supercharged 5.3 into the mix :biggrin:

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
just don't invite this guy...

[video=youtube;ARVxW7Sl4Qs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARVxW7Sl4Qs[/video]

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.