My thoughts on air suspension

northcreek

Original poster
Jan 15, 2012
WNY
There has been alot of discussion on the OEM air suspension system,problems ,repairs and conversions but,some things perplex me to no end.
First off Iam an avid retrofit guy so I understand the "KISS" thing,or keep it simple stupid but,in the case of converting your ride to springs I have to wonder.
If your vehicle came from GM with conventional rear springs and some after market supplier came out with a system as well designed as what we have now there would be such a buzz on here and other sites about how you absolutely have to get one of these kits for your vehicle.
All I'm saying is that even if you have to spring $400 for a replacement compressor in the life of your truck it is small change when compared to what that after market kit could cost if it existed.....justsayin'....Mike.

ps I realize that it is a matter of economics for some and I welcome your views on this ....and no,I have no affiliation with Arnott :smile:

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I prefer non-air suspension. I have an 08 and that was what I liked about it. Sure u could adjust your ride height and have an onboard compressor but the problems that come with it is a pain.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online