My Saab 9-7x

Solarplex

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Not a big off road guy & I only got into upgrading my baby because I enjoy water sports like kayaking & canoeing, I enjoy camping & other outdoorsy stuff with that being said, I am trying to make the Saab more of a real SUV versus a Mall / Grocery Store Cruiser. Heres what I have so far.

Will update with more outdoorsy pics as well, did this on the fly

Current
Thule M.O.A.B. (Basket / Cargo)
Kayak Carriers (Unequipped atm)
Smitty Built Beaver Step

Product I actually have on hand & will be implementing
*I have hood ornament i will adding soon. ( Vauxhall Eagle [Vauxhall is a subsidiary of GM] that kinda resembles saab, will be slicing off the flag and keeping the arrow & painting silver prior to install - http://imgur.com/qkvHsx0 )

*I have a 20" Led Light Bar I will be mounting in my grill - under the hood area. pics with update soon. ( Model I have that's yet to be installed - http://tuffledlights.com/products/rugged-series-led-light-bar-20-inch-72-watt-spot/ )

Pipe Dreams (Thinking about for the future but don't actually have at the moment)
3" Lift
Offroad Tires
Mud Flaps
Running Boards / Rock Sliders

LSKEtpt.jpg

bRizZ5p.jpg

AslXZMt.jpg

qWpk3ba.jpg

aKOJjNM.jpg

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
She looks real nice bud. You plan on putting a lift or bigger wheels & tires on this bad-boy in the future? :thumbsup: :undecided:

Solarplex

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Thanks Guys, I'm on a tight budget & with that being said, I'm still running the sport tires BUT once the tires lifespan ends I 100% plan on getting some larger offroad tires (mud flaps as well).

As for the lift, I can't say I plan on doing that quite yet (stated budget issue) BUT if ever do get the time & $ I would 100% love to add a lift & Running Boards / Rock Sliders.

Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hopefully you'll be able to accomplish all your mods plans in do time, maybe one day you'll be the HardTrailz of Saab 97-x's, that'd be sick :cool:

Looking forward to following your build :thumbsup:

Texan

Jan 14, 2014
Welcome to the nation. The only SAAB that I wish I had.
Will be a collector car in 20 years.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Bscfrank914 said:
Nice Saab man! Which roof rack basket is that?
Looks the the Thule rack that they carry at Wal-mart, they always look great [emoji106]

Solarplex

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
the kind they don't sell at Wallyworld lmao

Bscfrank914 said:
Nice Saab man! Which roof rack basket is that?

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Solarplex said:
Thule Moab - the kind they don't sell at Wallyworld lmao
My mistake, looks similar on my phone lol

Solarplex

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Bscfrank914 said:
Lol, Have you ever thought of throwing a light bar up on that basket?
I have but before I invest in a nice light bar I figured id invest in a lift & larger tires. also will add lights on the safari light bar

Solarplex

Original poster
Sep 15, 2014
Put the lights on a couple days ago & here they are. I think they look pretty decent and they provide a nice spotlight. Also just got done doing a little rally fun in the mud.

A0Nap8b.jpg

vT7JosQ.jpg

DdRJ71w.jpg

wW0Baoe.jpg

Stewzer55

Feb 15, 2014
Saabscribed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls