My new tires

Bigj79

Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Hi all, just wanted to share my new tire purchase in case it will help anyone else looking.

I had Goodyear Forteras on my '02 LTZ, but it was time for a new set. Not really a big fan of the Fortera, so I went with Hankook DynaPro HT in 245/65/17 105T. I'm very happy with the performance so far. It rained here all day Saturday, and they handled well. I decided to go with the all season highway tread because 99% of my miles are on road.

I'd also like to take this opportunity to plug the shop I got my tires at, Discount Tire in St Charles, IL. This is the original St Charles Discount Tire at Prairie St and Rt31, not the chain store that just opened up on Randall by Costco. If anyone on the forum is in the western suburbs and looking for tires, go see these guys. I've been taking my vehicles there for years because their very trustworthy and honest, and do a great job.

Reactions: Sib and fletch09

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Thanks for the pics. Looks good.

Reactions: Bigj79

BC backroader

Sep 6, 2014
My truck came with those tires when I bought it used in July '14. They do ride very smoothly on the highway, and have been OK on logging roads so far, but don't work well in wet snow or mud. They have been OK on wet pavement, which we get a lot of here on the West Coast, but I wouldn't rate them as true rain tires. I want a little more clearance, even after the 2.5" lift, so I'll try to replace them before fall with more aggressive, slightly larger (255 or 265/70x17) rubber.

Bigj79

Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Good thing there's no snow here in Chicago :wink:

Good luck, hope you find what you're looking for

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online