My new suspension

Bigj79

Original poster
Apr 21, 2014
Hi all, just wanted to share my suspension upgrade in case it will help anyone else looking. My '02 LTZ has almost 81,000 miles so I decided it was time for new shocks and struts. I decided to go with Monroe Sensa Trac load adjusting shocks and Sensa Trac struts. I know from doing my research that there's not many fans of Monroe on this forum, but so far I love the ride. I hooked up my pop-up camper over the weekend and the TB only squats about 1/4 as far as it did with the OEM suspension. I can't speak for ease of installation, because I was getting new tires so I had my guy just do the suspension while it was in the shop. We will be going camping Mother's Day weekend, so I will report back on how it handles with a full load on a 3 hour drive.

Reactions: Mounce

Daniel644

Feb 27, 2015
report back in 6-10k miles when they have more bounce then the stock parts, anything might feel good new, but once they are broken in comes the real test, I had a set of Monroe Maxair shocks on the rear of my firebird and before the first year with them was up they where riding noticeably worse (like almost stock 180k bad). Shocks are like tires, don't buy the cheapest ones you can get, look for the best price on a decent set.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Bigj79 said:
Hi all, just wanted to share my suspension upgrade in case it will help anyone else looking. My '02 LTZ has almost 81,000 miles so I decided it was time for new shocks and struts. I decided to go with Monroe Sensa Trac load adjusting shocks and Sensa Trac struts. I know from doing my research that there's not many fans of Monroe on this forum, but so far I love the ride. I hooked up my pop-up camper over the weekend and the TB only squats about 1/4 as far as it did with the OEM suspension. I can't speak for ease of installation, because I was getting new tires so I had my guy just do the suspension while it was in the shop. We will be going camping Mother's Day weekend, so I will report back on how it handles with a full load on a 3 hour drive.
Shocks have no bearing on how much the truck squats from added weight. They only control bounce. Sorry, I missed the "load adjusting" part

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.