My new ride!

Decado

Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
20130921_172046_zps708b886d.jpg

We picked it up today; super excited. 2006 Envoy SLT 4x4.

This is the same one that had the air bag issue in the other thread I made. The dealer fixed that up and the suspension looks great. I had my mechanic, that I've known for years and trust, inspect the vehicle this morning and the only negatives he found were a burnt out registration light bulb on the license plate and the brake fluid reservoir was low (but the system wasn't leaking anywhere). The dealership took care of both minor issues while we did the paperwork and as of 3pm this afternoon I am officially a GMT owner! My wife told me I am not allow to modify it at all... but we'll see how long that lasts; I'm already planning out the headunit and speakers I want to install this fall. :cool:

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
Decado said:
My wife told me I am not allow to modify it at all...

Great choice and very clean looking Voy. That must be a wife thing. She did not want me doing anything to her F-150, but she could care less what I do to the TB.

If you are not planning on going crazy with the audio, Q-Logic makes a very nice stealth box for a 10" sub that installs in the rear passenger side quarter panel. Very clean look, great bass, and you still get to keep your cargo space. Amp fits perfectly under the rear hatch in the floor.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
Very nice, 06 and up is a good year based on the engine refinements. Looks very clean.:thumbsup:

Decado

Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
dmanns67 said:
If you are not planning on going crazy with the audio, Q-Logic makes a very nice stealth box for a 10" sub that installs in the rear passenger side quarter panel. Very clean look, great bass, and you still get to keep your cargo space. Amp fits perfectly under the rear hatch in the floor.

Definitely not going to go crazy with this one since I have my ridiculous system in the T/A, but I've become kind of an audiophile snob over the years and I will need to get a nice head unit and some better speakers in the front/rear.

ConeKilrAutoX

Dec 8, 2011
Decado said:
20130921_172046_zps708b886d.jpg

We picked it up today; super excited. 2006 Envoy SLT 4x4.
My wife told me I am not allow to modify it at all... but we'll see how long that lasts; I'm already planning out the headunit and speakers I want to install this fall. :cool:

AWESOME :thumbsup: cant wait to watch all those non-modifications happening! :biggrin:

triz

Apr 22, 2013
Congrats on the new ride.

Did they just add fluid or actually check the brake pads?

rcam81

Dec 3, 2011
Onsted, MI
Tell the wife that a tune will help the gas mileage. (It helps as long as you keep you foot out of it!!!) :lipsrsealed::biggrin:

Decado

Original poster
Sep 16, 2013
triz said:
Did they just add fluid or actually check the brake pads?

My mechanic checked the pads and they're good (6-8mm). Fluid was just low, not sure why because the system was checked without signs of a leak and everything it working great with it. Fluid was topped when we bought it and I will be watching the level for a while just to make sure there wasn't a small leak that was missed.

Darkrider_LS

Jan 25, 2013
Nice voy!

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
Very Nice Voy!

aren't those clear turn signal lenses in the mirrors already a mod??

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
jpimp said:
Very Nice Voy!

aren't those clear turn signal lenses in the mirrors already a mod??

06+ i believe have the smoked mirror signals (i think 05 too but i dunno for sure)

jpimp

Feb 1, 2013
Ryda55555 said:
06+ i believe have the smoked mirror signals (i think 05 too but i dunno for sure)

O yea, I see now. Thanks Ryda.
Looks like 06+, the 05's I see are still amber. My pops 05 Rainier has amber lenses too.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
Nice Voy :thumbsup: No modding :crackup: My wife always says the same thing :hissyfit:

Welcome to the nation :tiphat:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joe102938

Members Online