Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
It does... Thanks!

mrrsm

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Oct 22, 2015
Tampa Bay Area
@Alfa-Norway... I hope you won't be offended if I park THIS video from Jack Myers covering his Design and Hands On Build of a Simplified Home-Made GM-GMC IPC Bench Top Testing Unit that completely sidesteps the need for having the PCM and the BCM involved.

This Build provides the chance for a strict focus on the Diagnosis and Testing of the Instrument Panel Cluster as an Isolated Module either 'On The Bench' OR 'In the Vehicle' either with ...or without the use of a Tech 2 Scanner:

Of course, Jack's Device is a bit primitive and appears like a "Mooncast Shadow" in comparison to your Much More Sophisticated and Elegant "IPC - Alfa-Norway" System.

But the "Jack Myers Design" might be more within the 'General Construction Wheelhouse' for most of us. His "Video Reveals" clearly show Where the Sub-Component Placements are located, Where all of the Wire Soldering Points are located, as well as Breaking Down How the 24 Pin Connector Wiring Set Up needs to be properly done.

It really is Quite Brilliant Work and so Big Thanks and Serious Props Go To Jack Meyers for Sharing all of this with us via his YouTube Channel. His great efforts put this device well within reach of average mechanics like me. :>)

Reactions: Alfa-Norway

Alfa-Norway

Original poster
Mar 4, 2019
Norway
@Alfa-Norway... I hope you won't be offended if I park THIS video from Jack Myers covering his Design and Hands On Build of a Simplified Home-Made GM-GMC IPC Bench Top Testing Unit that completely sidesteps the need for having the PCM and the BCM involved.

This Build provides the chance for a strict focus on the Diagnosis and Testing of the Instrument Panel Cluster as an Isolated Module either 'On The Bench' OR 'In the Vehicle' either with ...or without the use of a Tech 2 Scanner:

Of course, Jack's Device is a bit primitive and appears like a "Mooncast Shadow" in comparison to your Much More Sophisticated and Elegant "IPC - Alfa-Norway" System.

But the "Jack Myers Design" might be more within the 'General Construction Wheelhouse' for most of us. His "Video Reveals" clearly show Where the Sub-Component Placements are located, Where all of the Wire Soldering Points are located, as well as Breaking Down How the 24 Pin Connector Wiring Set Up needs to be properly done.

It really is Quite Brilliant Work and so Big Thanks and Serious Props Go To Jack Meyers for Sharing all of this with us via his YouTube Channel. His great efforts put this device well within reach of average mechanics like me. :>)
Its always good to see new thing come to live.

• Love
Reactions: mrrsm

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online