My IPC bench tester project.

Alfa-Norway

My project is a bench tester for instrument panel. After a long investigation of what I need, I set off. The first thing I needed was a PCM and a BCM. The PCM was from a GM Express wagon 2003 mod and the BCM was from a Tahoe 2004. And since they are from different cars I found that they had to be programmed so they could talk together. Good thing I have a Tech 2. But I have to do that later, after I have installed wires in PCM and BCM.
Since I recently started, I will come back with more as the project progresses. Sorry for my english I am after all Norwegian.:2thumbsup:PCM-BCM.JPG

OP
OP
Alfa-Norway

Alfa-Norway

Assembly of wires for PCM and BCM. Pot meters are also connected. tomorrow I will program the two PCM / BCM with tech2. Hopefully. I also got hold of a pulse generator for speedometer and tachometer since it sends vss signal to instrument panel. A cheap one from china. By the way my coffee cup in the back is from 1994 OL Lillyhammer:2thumbsup:

DSC_0348.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alfa-Norway

Alfa-Norway

Connected tech2 and pc for programming (sps) Since I have a Tahoe 2004 standing in the driveway I took a copy from it and put it into the PCM / BCM. Had to try and fail a few times before it went right.

DSC_0352.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
Alfa-Norway

Alfa-Norway

Then i decided to test if I got the pulse generator up and running after the data line worked with PCM / BCM. And to my surprise it worked! it is connected directly to the instrument panel so I didn't really need to have PCM / BCM connected.
Here is a picture of my puls generator test . i think its the first and last time it goes to 120 km !

ipc puls 120 km.jpg

MRRSM

Lifetime VIP Supporter
Velkommen til GMT Nation

Mange takke skal du ha...

Any chance for some Connector Pin-Out Diagrams for your Complete Benchtop Harness Set Up?

Ja, vi elsker dette landet ...

OP
OP
Alfa-Norway

Alfa-Norway

Have been a little busy to make a box that I can have everything in. After some time at the drawing board I came up with a solution almost looking like this.

Prosjekt boks.JPG

OP
OP
Alfa-Norway

Alfa-Norway

Thought it would have been fine and see if the steering wheel buttons also work ( DIC ) So I made these which are connected directly to B4, B5, B6, and B7 on the ipc connector. Black is ground. They will be mounted on the box.

Attachments

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Unanswered questions
Answered questions
Members