My H O N E Y is F A T and needs to loose weight!

Frost

Original poster
Jan 22, 2019
Chicago
Question to all Fanaticos??? Have you ever told your honey that she needed to loose weight??? I mean like carbon fiber seats, panels, aluminum, etc??? I'm interested to know. Share your weight loss stories.
Frost

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Question to all Fanaticos??? Have you ever told your honey that she needed to loose weight??? I mean like carbon fiber seats, panels, aluminum, etc??? I'm interested to know. Share your weight loss stories.
Frost
Lose the rear seats, that's 100Ibs right there.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 20902

This is the KING of weight loss. Matt Cole!!

Reactions: Blckshdw and Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Last edited:

Paul Bell

Aug 16, 2014
In my long wheelbase truck, the third row seat was about 70 pounds, removed, the rear HVAC unit, about 15 pounds removed and the running boards, about 70 pounds removed. The coolant and refrigerant lines front to rear may have totaled maybe 10 pounds removed, it's all aluminum tubing and it comes out in sections as you cut it.

I've had the rear seat out to replace the carpets, I think it weighs about a million pounds-but I need it so it got put back in.

Reactions: Traz

Carly TBEXT

Aug 6, 2020
Southern California
Since my kids are grown and gone I removed the third row seats from my EXT, which gave an immediate improvement in acceleration. Future plans include possible removal of the rear HVAC, the spare tire, and replacing the front seats with seats from a C6 Corvette. Other plans include a carbon fiber hood and fabricating new inner front fenders from fiberglass.

gmcman

Dec 12, 2011
For me, if I had to put a vehicle on a diet, I would never lose the A/C. On a rainy day or worse, at night, there's no getting around fogged up windows without the A/C, the weight loss would be marginal at best.

However.....100 lbs is about a tenth, which is almost a car length....tough call.

Seats, spare tire, running boards, carbon fiber hood would be a huge savings in weight, not much else unless you went into swapping sheet metal.

Carly TBEXT

Aug 6, 2020
Southern California
1. Pull the bumper covers and drill lightening holes in the bumpers. 2. Under the plastic dash there is a huge, heavy dash shaped piece of aluminum. Turn it into Swiss cheese. 3. Front inner fender wells: remake them out of fiberglass or carbon fiber.

That’s all I have for now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online