My first mod - upgraded after all these years

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva

I didn't even have my TB a week before I ditched the craptory radio for my alpine 9857 and ipod. This was the only deck that I owned that had a cd player that didn't skip with bass. I swore that if the deck ever skipped, it was going to get upgraded. Fast forward 7 and a half years to a month or so ago, and it happened. Time for a change.

I went with the pioneer 80prs based on numerous reviews that I had seen on audio forums. Some people said that if you weren't using the network mode that it wasn't worth the cost, but I didn't care. It has a lot of features that I probably will never use like bluetooth and time alignment but has some things that I do use like having dual usb ports. Plus I matched the key color to the red leds and the display color to the odometer so it matches the rest of the interior at night.

When I swapped decks I had to find its max unclipped volume and reset the amp gains. I got the smd dd-1 since I saw it go head to head with scopes that cost 30x more then my velleman. The dd-1 is boss. This isn't a paid testimony or anything but for dialing in decks and amps I won't go back to the scope.

Anyway it's still kinda weird getting in the TB and not seeing my trusty Alpine chilling in the dash. My audio system has been changed a half a dozen times but the deck stayed the same. I've made some other changes to the TB that will get their own thread once I get all the pics together.

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
Love my dd1 and cc1, my next purchase is the dd1+ and the amm1 i use these at my shop and they are dead on, pretty amazing to see where amp companies say 80 hrz is and then putting the cc1 on it and its not even close to where the suggested 80 from the manufacturer is

Reactions: MAY03LT

MAY03LT

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Delmarva
ghenny440 said:
Love my dd1 and cc1, my next purchase is the dd1+ and the amm1 i use these at my shop and they are dead on, pretty amazing to see where amp companies say 80 hrz is and then putting the cc1 on it and its not even close to where the suggested 80 from the manufacturer is
Nice! The plan is to recoup the money that I spent on the dd-1 and sink it into another tool and repeat until I have them all. Well, maybe not the amp dyno, although it would be cool to have. I saw soundman use the IM-SG for determining if a factory deck or amp was the cause of a no sound condition and I thought that was badass.

Reactions: ghenny440

ghenny440

Dec 14, 2011
Yeah man we charge 40 per amp, and 60 for a 4 channel, awesome part about the cc1 is it can voltage match multiple amps, set the gain on the master amp with the dd1 and use the cc1 to match the gains perfectly on multiple amps, i used it to match my 2 sub amps, works awesome man

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I still got my 9857 and Ipod, but have been thinking about upgrading myself. It just works too well.

Congrats on the new unit.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.