my envoy

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
My envoy the morning after I bought it

View attachment 30922

My envoy with a sleigh bed in and on it lol

View attachment 30923

That's all the original pictures I have for now, I've got more somewhere, I'll be updating more with my mods

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131001_203407.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131001_203407.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 38
  • ForumRunner_20131001_203443.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131001_203443.jpg
    11.3 KB · Views: 37

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20131002_162616.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131002_162616.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 29
  • ForumRunner_20131002_162633.jpg
    ForumRunner_20131002_162633.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 31

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Thank you, it's not getting much more done to it than what you see here, at least on the outside anyway

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Nah I'm going to leave it, I'm not into the whole removing everything look, I hate black plastic though, so the rack had to go, and the mirrors had to get some paint. I need to wash it.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Remove the black plastic on the pillars also?

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I'm ordering some chrome covers for the door handles, Im going to leave the pillars black, I like the way it's all black across the windows

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
dannyoaks said:
I'm ordering some chrome covers for the door handles, Im going to leave the pillars black, I like the way it's all black across the windows

You plan to keep it just chrome or paint them white to match the car?

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Oh yeah im not having any trouble finding them. Have you yourself ordered from carid.com before? I only ask because ive heard some horror stories about them. I even started a thread on this site about online retailers.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
I haven't ordered but I assume it is because they deal with such a high volume of inventory that some people don't have the patience in dealing with them. Returns or wrong orders. You can always try calling or emailing to assure you are in fact getting what you ordered. I could see ordering a bunch of things and not having them all arrive the same day would be irritating. More people complain than praise... Give them a try if they have what you want at the right price.

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
So far I haven't found anything I want they don't have the market cornered on. I can find everything I'm looking for from retailers I've dealt with and trust for about the same price. I'm not putting carid down, I'm just basing off of my research both on this forum and independently, carid doesn't sound like a place I personally want to do business with, plus my local AutoZone can get the covers a day after I ask for them, with no shipping costs.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
dannyoaks said:
Oh yeah im not having any trouble finding them. Have you yourself ordered from carid.com before? I only ask because ive heard some horror stories about them. I even started a thread on this site about online retailers.

I have actually ordered a few items from them. I ordered my LED taillights, K&N intake, polished aluminum bowtie, and OEM fog light housings.

What have you heard bad about them?

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Besides the big corporation thing I've seen several independent review sites giving carid bad reviews and people's comments ranging from extra shipping charges after checkout to getting wrong parts or even their orders never coming at all. I'm personally really apprehensive about doing business with retailers that are new to me, heck, I hardly ever use eBay, but its definitely because of one seller who tried to back out of a deal once I paid for an item. Props to the people at eBay though. That seller is no longer allowed to do business on eBay anymore. I'm always happy to hear people having good experiences though.

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Oh and I've read tons of comments about their customer service being non existent, which I can personally vouch for, I have sent a few emails to them asking about a product they sell, every time I got a copy and paste reply that was just the product description. I wound up not buying the product and making my own. Saved a bunch of $$$ too

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
My :twocents: ?
Try ebay? If the seller won't list U.S. contact information, pass on it.

Leave the mirrors black.Or paint the whole piece white.

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I did just order something from ebay just yesterday, nothing expensive or envoy related, ive actually been looking for items for my envoy on ebay but i keep coming up empty. All that did was make me be more creative and actually make what i want.:biggrin:

I kinda like that idea anyway, makes for a more unique ride.

Playsinsnow

Nov 17, 2012
Paint your headlights like others have. I'm not a fan of that many mods people do but that on an envoy looks badass.

Exhaust, hood struts, vinyl wrap/paint grill and rear emblems, rear window handle delete, there's a lot you could do :undecided:

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Im sure i could go crazy with it, but im not. I like the classy clean look im going for. I think demoulding and debadging it would make it look like a refrigerator on wheels. The grille is getting replaced with something (i hate the one on it),im just not sure what yet. The headlights, i have a pipe dream for them, one im not going to share until it becomes a reality. Im going to chrome the door handes and if i can find a way i want to add some chrome trim atound the outside of the windows like the Chevy traverse has. I like thatlook.

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
dannyoaks said:
Im going to chrome the door handes and if i can find a way i want to add some chrome trim atound the outside of the windows like the Chevy traverse has. I like thatlook.
You made the Roadie sad this morning. View attachment 30976

Attachments

• facepalm.gif
    facepalm.gif
    270 bytes · Views: 83

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
I ordered from carid last year ( chrome/black ) hitch step and had no issues lol but that was the only thing from their site caught my eye.

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Thats cool, theres not much they have to offer for me now. Glad you had a good deal with them city

Ryda55555

Apr 11, 2013
Ebay so far has been the best for me, i've bought my woodgrain steering wheel from carid.com and have no complaints about them
But because its a large retailer they charge more for parts i find

Bought the black mesh grille off ebay for $150 including shipping from california to toronto
And carid.com charges around $200 the last time i check + shipping for the same grille

You just need to look around, parts for our vehicles are easy to find and on the cheap side
(Even saab parts arent that bad IF you can find them)

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
I may try them, just to find out for myself, so far from the e mails I've sent to carid, it's not looking good, I still can't find exactly what I want from ebay

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
I ordered my Chrome side views and door handles from eBay. Just make sure the person has good enough feedback (selling feedback). I personally read some of there feedback to see what some say

Also if you do the Chrome route, please keep it clean. So many over do it and just makes the car look cheap you know. But to each there own post some pics when you do your mod :thumbsup:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
When I had my envoy...it came with the chrome mirrors and gm chrome door handles. I liked the handles....but the chrome mirror caps had to go and some paint went on. I agree too much chrome looks retarded. I am not a chrome..bling...bling car guy. The only thing I might want chrome are something on the wheels.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381077473918.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381077473918.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 11

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Here is how mine looked with the Chrome handles and side views. in case you need a idea of how they look :thumbsup:

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
ItsOnVoy said:
Here is how mine looked with the Chrome handles and side views. in case you need a idea of how they look :thumbsup:

Havent i seen this envoy on youtube? It looks nice. Ive already sanded and painted my stock mirror caps, im quite proud of them actually. After playing with photo shop im on the fence about chrome or painted handles. Both look equally good to me. I just hate that textured black plastic crap, thats why my roof rack had to go.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
dannyoaks said:
Havent i seen this envoy on youtube? It looks nice. Ive already sanded and painted my stock mirror caps, im quite proud of them actually. After playing with photo shop im on the fence about chrome or painted handles. Both look equally good to me. I just hate that textured black plastic crap, thats why my roof rack had to go.

Yeah I have a video up on Youtube for the truck since I had a build tread on here and used that video. Yeah I hated the black racks and door handles etc. My dad drives this truck now and he wants the racks back on which idk why lol (too bad they can't go back one since some screws messed up the holes). I personally liked both also but I decided to be different then most people on here that don't like the chrome and put them on. I like how they look and car doesn't look over done with them. to me it helps the chrome on the front bumper blend in with something. Since your truck is white the chrome will blend in really nice and not stick out a lot since its a light color.

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Ive got a co worker with chrome handles on his black envoy, they look a bit much on his but then again he has about every chrome sticker you can stick to one now on his. I tell him he needs a pinky ring, a gold tooth and a hat with a feather in it with all that bling on his ride:rotfl:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Pic of my old envoy.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1381096191354.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1381096191354.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 28

dannyoaks

Original poster
Sep 17, 2013
Thats a very nice and classy ride. Almost exactly the way i want mine to look

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
dannyoaks said:
Thats a very nice and classy ride. Almost exactly the way i want mine to look
It came with the wheels and denali grille when I bought it. I took the black shit off the pillars...lowered it...blacked out the tails...new 275 45 20 tires....de racked and moulded....rear window handle delete....tinted corner parking lights. I am surev I am missing something.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online