MY Buick Rainier Story

joshtheawesome

Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
so my grandmother bought a 2005 Buick Rainier AWD V8 in December of 2004. i was only 2 at the time but i fell in love with it the minute i saw it. i asked her in December of 2006 if i could drive it for my first car. she said yes.

However in April of 2015 she had to sell it because of ms and the rainier had to much power for her. well i am going to get my license very soon so i wondered if i could still get the car. i did some research and found the Honda place she traded it in to sold the car to the Boston Massachusetts auto auction, so i found out the Rainier went up to Rockland Maine. after some more research i found the owners name and i wrote them a letter. the lady said that she had just traded the car in and she would contact the dealership she sold it to. my dad and i drove up to Maine and picked up the car and i will now drive it for my first car.

When It sold at auction 4/08/2015 (Sad Day of my life)
LWAA25351075-05.jpg

When i found out i was going to get it (June 27 2017)

2010 Honda Civic4.JPG

Now
IMG_9126.JPG

xavierny25

Mar 16, 2014
Staten Island, N.Y
Welcome to the nation! Nice looking Rainer. You'll enjoy it around here we've got tons of info and loads of fun stuff to make your ride your own.

joshtheawesome

Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
Welcome to the nation! Nice looking Rainer. You'll enjoy it around here we've got tons of info and loads of fun stuff to make your ride your own.
do you know were i could find a GMT NATION Sticker? i want to put it on my Rainy in case i pass a fellow member

Attachments

• IMG_9127.JPG
    IMG_9127.JPG
    160.9 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: Redbeard

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Welcome to the Nation! You're in the right place.

BTW, I also saw your PM, which was supposed to be here, LOL! If you need any help using the site, don't be shy to ask any staff member.

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
i did some research and found the Honda place she traded it in to sold the car to the Boston Massachusetts auto auction, so i found out the Rainier went up to Rockland Maine. after some more research i found the owners name and i wrote them a letter. the lady said that she had just traded the car in and she would contact the dealership she sold it to. my dad and i drove up to Maine and picked up the car and i will now drive it for my first car.

Welcome aboard!
IMO, I find it amazing that you were able to track the vehicle down through four changes of ownership. If I might ask - how did you find the last owner in Maine? Here in IL, unless I had a connection to law enforcement, it would be very difficult / impossible to get the purchaser's info. Since you live in Massachusetts, I figure there are just as many regulations there (if not more) than here.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I one that I could send you. PM me your address. It's the same as the one on the right:
2012-01-21_08-13-20_248.jpg

joshtheawesome

Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
Welcome aboard!
IMO, I find it amazing that you were able to track the vehicle down through four changes of ownership. If I might ask - how did you find the last owner in Maine? Here in IL, unless I had a connection to law enforcement, it would be very difficult / impossible to get the purchaser's info. Since you live in Massachusetts, I figure there are just as many regulations there (if not more) than here.
I got a car fax report and found it was registered in Rockland Maine. I asked a cop to get the intel and then I wrote them a letter

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
Pretty awesome story, surprised you tracked it down successfully, sometimes that can be pretty hard. I'm in MA if you ever need anything, I may also have a spare liftmeister sticker around, but you got to earn those!

I also do tunes fairly cheap and work for beer sometime if anything should ever go wrong!

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
A cop doing that here could lose his job.

Hope you got it at a fair price since it had a very obvious faulty air suspension.

joshtheawesome

Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
Pretty awesome story, surprised you tracked it down successfully, sometimes that can be pretty hard. I'm in MA if you ever need anything, I may also have a spare liftmeister sticker around, but you got to earn those!

I also do tunes fairly cheap and work for beer sometime if anything should ever go wrong!
we could meet up sometime to talk about our cars. in a while the Rainier was an early first car buy about 1.3 years

joshtheawesome

Original poster
Aug 14, 2017
Massachusetts
A cop doing that here could lose his job.

Hope you got it at a fair price since it had a very obvious faulty air suspension.
we live in a small area were everybody knows each other so the cops allowed it

I paid $5350 it needs new air valve and catylatic converter

Nexus1155

Jan 26, 2012
Definitely! It was the funnest truck I've had. Donated it a couple months ago. The cat is hard i took mine out and coded it out of the tune. Air valve shouldn't be too bad...

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online