My babies funeral

johnstonjohnr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
Well on 12-17-2012, I was rear ended at 50mph. I was at a dead stop and she never hit her brakes. Her insurance company totaled my 2006 Trailblazer EXT.:quiverlips: A very sad moment in my life I loved that truck, it was my pride and joy. It was in perfect condition and now its gone. Her insurance company was not sure of who was at fault at first until I sent them the video from my DVR cameras I had mounted in my truck. Take a look at the video.

[video=youtube_share;OZM0RpqNHLA]http://youtu.be/OZM0RpqNHLA[/video]

They quickly changed their mind. Still won't make the pain go away.
I remember her first bath, frolicking in the mist of the garden hose. Each oil change holds great memories. Anyway please keep her in your thoughts. Its a shame that this is my first post on this sight...but not my last...just bought a Envoy XL Denali. Does anyone know where I can get a less expensive copy of the navigation DVD?

Boog2006

Dec 3, 2011
Dang sorry for your loss! Glad you had the cameras though. They never hit their brakes coming up behind you!

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Ugh, that really sucks. That's always one of my biggest fears, having that happen to me. Hopefully no one was hurt, other than her insurance premium. I've tossed around the idea of installing a DVR system, I know a couple of members on the OS did it. Maybe I need to consider it a bit more again.

johnstonjohnr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
I would highly recommend DVR cameras for every car now. They will defiantly be the first this I put in the new ride. I got them off ebay for like $12.00 each. Best money ever spent.

mikeinDE

Jan 4, 2012
sorry you lost your ride like that! One of my worst fears with all the effort that has been put in my ride. glad you are ok though. I have never heard of putting DVR camera's in a car before.....How does that all work?

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I didn't know what to think when I read the thread title :crazy:...

Welcome to GMTNation! Sorry to hear about the TB...nice replacement tho :thumbsup:

johnstonjohnr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
mikeinDE said:
sorry you lost your ride like that! One of my worst fears with all the effort that has been put in my ride. glad you are ok though. I have never heard of putting DVR camera's in a car before.....How does that all work?

Go to ebay and search for "car dvr". I wired both so that as soon as I started the truck they started to record. I set mine to record in ten minute blocks. 32gb card records like 18 hours and then starts all over again. I was amazing the change in attitude once her insurance company saw the video. :biggrin: You can spend as much or as little as you want. I went cheap and it worked out great. :thumbsup: Well except for the loss of my baby.

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
What was the insurance company of the other driver? How can they try to put you at fault when you were rear ended.

This is one reason I keep a dashcam. I would let the other person spin his tale of lies and give the video to my insurance agent.

JRTAHOE

Nov 20, 2011
I like the dvr feature. Self install?

johnstonjohnr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
NighTblazer said:
Very sorry to here about your TB. I hope the new Envoy treats you well.

Is this the kind you had?
Car Night Vision High Definition Lens Camera Camcorder Recorder HD Car DVR | eBay

Did you hard wire them in? and How?

That is very similar to the one I have. The more led's on it the better your night vision will be. Here is the one that was facing out the rear window:

6 LED HD DVR IR 2 5" LCD Car Vehicle TFT Video Recorder Camera Road Safety | eBay

Here is the one that was facing out the front of the truck. I prefer this one as it has a much better picture at night.

Full HD 1080p LCD Portable Car Vehicle Camcorder DVR Camera Recorder Anti Shake | eBay

I put a 32gb card in each one so i didnt have to worry about over writing something i needed. Also has motion sensor on that will record any movement in front of the camera. I had them hard wired under the dash to the ignition wire. I did find out however that you must use the plug on the cable that it comes with. I guess it supplies enough power to save the ten minute block of video before shutting off, so don't cut the cable to hard wire. I just installed cigarette lighter plug up inside the dash and wired that to the ignition wire. That way it only records while the truck is running.

Porkins

Dec 5, 2011
Women drivers :crazy:. Sorry for your loss, now you have us to help you mod your next GMT360.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
That title really threw me off loll but thats sucks man...50mph is something else to get hit with like that

Cable810

Dec 5, 2011
Sorry to hear. That gives me an Idea with the DVRs

meerschm

Aug 26, 2012
We went to see family over the weekend, and I was checking the site out before we hit the road Friday morning. My wife asked if owners had a funeral when the truck was sold or scrapped.

(cue music from the Twilight Zone")

johnstonjohnr

Original poster
Dec 29, 2012
from the pictures it really doesn't look to bad. But it drove the drive shaft through the transmission and shattered it and bent the frame at a 90 degree angle.

View attachment 25668

I will say this she took a hard hit but let me walk away!!!

Attachments

• 06 trailblazer.jpg
    06 trailblazer.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 28

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online