My 2004 Olds Bravada book value is...$795...LOL

gladesteen

Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Hi gang,

Just thought a few might get a kick out of this.

I still have the original window sticker from 2004. My Bravada happens to be one of the "Final 500" models as Oldsmobile went under for good. I'm the second owner. Originally purchased by a guy who worked at the build plant. He specially ordered it, and wanted #300 of #500 models produced......and he got it. Now I own it. Total price was $43,000 back in 2004!

Fast forward 15 years, with 189,000 miles and the trade in value is now worth $795. According to Ebay searches, I could sell the limited edition wheels for more! The Private Party value is a teenie bit more, but not much....maybe add $800 or so. Truck is still in great shape too....not excellent, but i'd consider it "good" any day.

Not looking to sell or trade it, but I was a bit shocked to see the value.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
The true value of anything is in the eyes of the beholder (or owner). When I bid on my current '07 TB LS, I bid a lot higher than anyone else did by about $1000 (they were sealed bids so I didn't know what others bid). I basically had inside info on its pedigree, maintenance and use. To me, it was worth the extra $1000. To others, it was just another Trailblazer.

Of course trade in values are always lower than what you could get selling it yourself.

Mike534x

Apr 9, 2012
Sadly its a bit of a curse I've seen with anything GM. I was mostly shocked by much the value of a GM tanks over the years, even a low mileage Envoy/Trailblazer from 08-09 is not much more valuable then one from 04-05. Unless its a TB SS then of course, its supremely overpriced. I guess if you want value, a Yukon or Tahoe is where it doesn't become too scrap metaly priced.

Reactions: Mooseman

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Hi gang,

Just thought a few might get a kick out of this.

I still have the original window sticker from 2004. My Bravada happens to be one of the "Final 500" models as Oldsmobile went under for good. I'm the second owner. Originally purchased by a guy who worked at the build plant. He specially ordered it, and wanted #300 of #500 models produced......and he got it. Now I own it. Total price was $43,000 back in 2004!

Fast forward 15 years, with 189,000 miles and the trade in value is now worth $795. According to Ebay searches, I could sell the limited edition wheels for more! The Private Party value is a teenie bit more, but not much....maybe add $800 or so. Truck is still in great shape too....not excellent, but i'd consider it "good" any day.

Not looking to sell or trade it, but I was a bit shocked to see the value.
Barret-Jackson had a 'Final 500' Bravada sell for over $22K back in 2008.
https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Eve...OLDSMOBILE-BRAVADA-4-DOOR-THE-FINAL-500-66359
I usually see the Bravada's and Rainier's sell for a little more than Trailblazer's and Envoy's. Usually they are in far better shape. I actually want one of either, for their obscurity.

Reactions: gladesteen

gladesteen

Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
Capote, thanks for that link! Nice to see.....yet that was probably a pristine, 10 mile collectors car. It was also 11 yrs ago. I was commenting on 'todays value', which I find disappointing. I drive it and still love it. Not going to sell/trade until it finally gives up. Mine has the factory GM hood and door window rain/wind deflectors installed too. Every option actually, including the cargo net....lol

EDIT -- Guess I should have read the description on Barretts. It had 3 miles on it, never driven basically. Just for FYI, I bought mine in 2007 after returning from Afghan deployment. I bought it back then for $14,500 with only 17k on odometer. I thought that was a "steal" after seeing what he purchased it for just 3 yrs earlier!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Capote

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Capote, thanks for that link! Nice to see.....yet that was probably a pristine, 10 mile collectors car. It was also 11 yrs ago. I was commenting on 'todays value', which I find disappointing. I drive it and still love it. Not going to sell/trade until it finally gives up. Mine has the factory GM hood and door window rain/wind deflectors installed too. Every option actually, including the cargo net....lol
Oh I know lol, just thought you'd get a kick out of that. You might be able to sell it for a decent profit in the future, being that it's rare and has all the bells and whistles.

Reactions: Mike534x

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I love this platform, but the final 500 thing means nothing to me. I would maybe give $1500 for an 04 with that mileage since it is loaded up with options.

carshinebob

Jun 13, 2014
I was in a meeting in 2002 at the R.E.Olds transportation museum where the final 500 program was proposed. At the time I thought, even though we were losing Oldsmobile, at least we go out with something special. Sadly the final 500 cars don't bring any more money than regular production cars now days. On another note, the reason I like my bravadas isn't because of the awful all wheel drive system or even the build quality. It's because I can buy them so cheap. ~BOB

Last edited:
Reactions: gladesteen

gladesteen

Original poster
Aug 19, 2014
I was in a meeting in 2003 at the R.E.Olds transportation museum where the final 500 program was proposed. At the time I thought, even though we were losing Oldsmobile, at least we go out with something special. Sadly the final 500 cars don't bring any more money than regular production cars now days. On another note, the reason I like my bravadas isn't because of the awful all wheel drive system or even the build quality. It's because I can buy them so cheap. ~BOB

Amen brother! I despise the "smart trak" system as well! I absolutely hate not knowing if i'm in 4wd or 2wd. I've also changed out the encoder motor 3x, the entire Front Diff assy, 2 sets of half shaft axles and the AWD disconnect assy. What a system! Other than that, the leather, heated seats and all the other comfort features are very nice!

Reactions: carshinebob

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online