My 2002 GMC Envoy SLE 4x4

shovenose

Original poster
Apr 24, 2016
SF Bay Area, CA
Not really going to be much of a build or many mods, just a matter of repairing all the little stuff that's wrong with the vehicle at 186K miles of hard use. Hey, it was a good price, drivetrain is solid, and the previous owner was a good friend. The purpose of this thread is just to demonstrate each little project and repair as I go and to help keep track of stuff.

Current known problems/to do:
  • Windshield wiper blades are wrong size and suck (don't ask why, but either way I already ordered new ones)
  • Cracked exhaust manifold and damaged muffler makes it sound terrible
  • Rear tailgate hatch thing doesn't unlock/lock electrically - I have to move the little lever in the hole from the inside.
  • Previous owner hit a deer, so the grille is cracked and the front bumper is ugly and missing one of the little lights.
  • Interior light knob missing
  • Aftermarket radio is simply shoved into the hole in the dash with no dash mounting kit. I will replace the radio with a Pioneer Bluetooth Touchscreen unit and mount it properly. I may or may not put a subwoofer.
  • Needs a thorough cleaning inside and out
  • Rear lights were partially replaced with LEDs, but now the blinker goes really fast, and the brake light bulbs are burnt out, so I'm going to replace all the lights with regular ones to resolve that. LEDs are cool but I don't care enough and just want properly working lights that don't blink rapidly because it thinks they are bad.
  • Brake booster vacuum hose needs to be replaced
  • Missing at least one hub cap
  • Something is clogged in the fuel filler so if you have very little gas left it is annoying to get gas as it keeps clicking off.

Last edited:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bobby2175

Members Online