My 07 I6 is a beast

million-miles

Original poster
Jan 10, 2012
This motor is totally stock. So i dont know what you guys are used to towing but i have had no problems towing with mine. I have and older trailer that has 1/4 think angle iron frame and tilts and 1x6x8 flooring and sides. The trailer weighs about 1000 pounds. I have had 2 yards of play ground mulch in it. It is 4x8 with 2 foot sides on it and has been over the top rail with oak logs and the seat put down and about 18 inchs of logs stacked in the back.

With all of that i have yet to have a problem towing. Might drop down to 3 on some hills to keep speed but even in 3rd at hwy speed of 60-65 it runs like its no big deal.

Ace1875

Mar 29, 2012
million-miles said:
This motor is totally stock. So i dont know what you guys are used to towing but i have had no problems towing with mine. I have and older trailer that has 1/4 think angle iron frame and tilts and 1x6x8 flooring and sides. The trailer weighs about 1000 pounds. I have had 2 yards of play ground mulch in it. It is 4x8 with 2 foot sides on it and has been over the top rail with oak logs and the seat put down and about 18 inchs of logs stacked in the back.

With all of that i have yet to have a problem towing. Might drop down to 3 on some hills to keep speed but even in 3rd at hwy speed of 60-65 it runs like its no big deal.

i usually tow either a Honda (my friend's track car) or my jet skies. i have never had any issue. sometimes i forget im even towing

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
It takes almost nothing to tow heavy stuff. Many times I've towed my 4000lb boat with my 185 hp, 6 cylinder way over 100,000 mile minivan for 500 or more miles at a time. It can pull the boat out of the worstboat ramp up a 45degree slope with ease. The van taught me basing my expectations on truck commercials is all about marketing. Towing is simple but handling, stopping and especially emergency maneuvers are 100 times better with all of the 360's I've owned.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest