SUPPORT Multiple Site Issues on Mobile Platform

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hello

Having all kinds of issues on my mobile with the site.

1. Keep getting automatically logged out.
2. Off & on Can't upload pictures.
3. Hitting the "like" button prompts me to log in when already logged in.
4. Title bar says Log In or Sign up (to the right of Menu option in top bar) when already logged in and no way to log out unless I go to my phone setting and clear cache.

Screenshot_20170908-195832.png
Screenshot_20170908-082925.png

Will have to try on the Laptop and see if I get the same problems.

Just letting you guys know.

Thanks and have a great evening.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
PC is the same weirdness. I was just logged off and got into the login loop. If I just type gmtnation.com in the address bar and login there, I was able to log in. Haven't tried uploading anything yet. Probably thinking you're not logged in so it will give an error.

Reactions: RTTBLT1
Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
This is likely due to conflicting cookie files that your browsers have stored from before the site backup was restored. I would recommend clearing all browser caches and cookies, then logging in and trying again. I cannot reproduce the problems, but I can tell you that I had to clear old cookies before the site would begin behaving correctly for me.

Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I thought about the cookies and cache. I cleared all of it yesterday afternoon and it persisted on this browser(Microsoft edge) yesterday. Open the site this morning and I'm still logged in.

I'm running a recent win10 install and installed chrome just to have multiple web browser's. Chrome had not been opened since installation. Tried it last night before bed just to browse gmtnation and I still got logged out.

Edit: Posted this message, clicked new posts and I was logged out.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Weirdness here too. Wasn't able to login on my phone doing the loop. Cleared everything, no dice. But try again and I'm already logged in. Site was also down about 30 minutes ago.

Upvote 0

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
This is likely due to conflicting cookie files that your browsers have stored from before the site backup was restored. I would recommend clearing all browser caches and cookies, then logging in and trying again. I cannot reproduce the problems, but I can tell you that I had to clear old cookies before the site would begin behaving correctly for me.

I will give it a try again but I always clean up my Internet/Web settings before exiting/leaving...
Screenshot_20170909-132003.png
Was also wondering if it had anything to do with this setting/area on my device/phone but not sure...
Screenshot_20170909-132041.png

Thank you for your help and reply.

I'm running a recent win10 install and installed chrome just to have multiple web browser's. Chrome had not been opened since installation. Tried it last night before bed just to browse gmtnation and I still got logged.

I also have two different web browser's on my device/phone, the factory Samsung Internet and Google Chrome and both have the same exact issues. Even tried force closing (stopping app process) both applications and clearing the cache for each one in my settings and problems still exist...
Screenshot_20170909-133548.png
Screenshot_20170909-133558.png
Screenshot_20170909-133611.png
Screenshot_20170909-133635.png

Weirdness here too. Wasn't able to login on my phone doing the loop. Cleared everything, no dice. But try again and I'm already logged in. Site was also down about 30 minutes ago.

Seems as if anything electronic related now days is bugging or weird acting.

The site does seem to have gotten better since I first started encountering these issues.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States
I've made a chance to cookies that will most likely cause everyone to be logged out automatically. Once you sign back in, hopefully you will not encounter any more issues with your login session.

Please report back either way.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Logged in on my PC and my phone. So far, so good :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
I've made a chance to cookies that will most likely cause everyone to be logged out automatically. Once you sign back in, hopefully you will not encounter any more issues with your login session.

So far so good...i will give it a few days and report back.

Please report back either way.

This site just keeps getting better, IMO. Not only do the members and moderators care but so does the owner! Most people now days would say if you don't like it the way it is, go find yourself another site!...but not at GMTNATION. You guys are awesome! :yes:

Thank you and have a great weekend everyone!

Upvote 0

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
My apologies @djthumper, the administrator's should have been included in my above post. Just couldn't remember the name of your position at the time.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, the weirdness continues. On my PC, I can go everywhere except New Posts or Recent Posts, which logs me out, kinda. Try to login, I'm in the loop. As soon as I go back, I'm still logged in.

Phone seems to be fine.

Edit: I think I found something. New posts in the top blue bar logs me out however, if I use the one in the red bar, it's fine. The one in the blue bar does not have the https:// in front as the link.

More than likely, if we are using old bookmarks or links that don't have the https://, it doesn't work.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
My phone is still having issues with...

1. Posting pictures...get the: "Error Has Occurred: You can not uploaded attachments. You do not have enough posts yet".
2. Hitting the "Like button prompts to log back in.
3. On & off automatically logged out.

Will try on my PC before the day is over and see what I get.

Upvote 0

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Seems ok to me so far but I haven't done much yet.

Upvote 0

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
So I visited this afternoon without signing in and read the comments in this thread...thought ok, maybe it's something to do with my phone/device.

So I decided to delete my saved bookmarks/links, biometrics (fingerprint for easy Sign in- option for my Samsung Browser) associated with GMTNATION and started from scratch to see if I had some bad/corrupt data or something.

So when I just signed in I used http:// in front of site name and resetup everything on my device/phone and will try it out for the next few days.

Upvote 0

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
You have to use https:// otherwise you wind up in the login loop.

Upvote 0

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS

This was probably a majority of my problems from the get go. Instead of just GMTNATION.COM, I will use and have saved HTTP://GMTNATION.COM as my bookmark.

No issues to speak of since adding Http://. Have used the "liked" button a few times without being prompt to log back in, also have not been auto logged out :2thumbsup:.

Thanks and have a great day everyone!

Upvote 0

DAlastDON

Apr 6, 2014
Kentucky
I think im over 24hrs with no unintended log offs when selecting new posts on my pc or cell phone.

Upvote 0

Jman423

Administrator
Mar 24, 2014
United States

The loop issue and the HTTPS issues have both been resolved. If you don't use HTTPS, it will force you over automatically. This was the intended behavior, but with the server issue we experienced the other day, a file was corrupted during the restore. After it was identified, we were able to get it resolved. Once everyone's cookies are expired and replaced, they shouldn't have any further issues on either PC or mobile browsers.

Upvote 0

RTTBLT1

Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Just wanted to give a update on this...

Have not had one issue since clearing everything related to the site and starting fresh. All back to normal.

Thank you for all the help.

Reactions: Mooseman
Upvote 0

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.