multiple codes

joaa

Original poster
Oct 19, 2017
iowa
2005 trailblazer 4.2 stalling out but restarts. p0053 p0135 p0340 p0017 p0335 p0410 code reader says o2 / crank and cam sensors and no correlation between the crank and cam sensors. I am thinking connection loss somewhere because I cant see all three sensors going bad at once. Any thoughts appreciated thanks in advance.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Hi and welcome.

Definitely sounds like a connector or wiring issue. Could be the same harness that's affected. IIRC, it's the same harness for the cam sensor and O2 sensor so it's possible the wiring is damaged.

Reactions: $ Khalid ! 9130

joaa

Original poster
Oct 19, 2017
iowa
Hi and welcome.

Definitely sounds like a connector or wiring issue. Could be the same harness that's affected. IIRC, it's the same harness for the cam sensor and O2 sensor so it's possible the wiring is damaged.
Sorry I got granddaughter distracted for the weekend. I have had other thoughts and am wondering if maybe the ecm might be going out? Also which fuse block controls the sensors? The one under the hood or under the drivers side rear seat?
My nieces truck so its definitely my baby till its totally dead so I'll take all the advice I can get with a hearty THANK YOU in advance.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
It's possible that the PCM is defective but it is rather rare on these, although not unheard of. Fuses would all be in the underhood box.

Download the manuals from the link in my signature and check out the schematics. I'll bet they're all related in some way.

joaa

Original poster
Oct 19, 2017
iowa
It's possible that the PCM is defective but it is rather rare on these, although not unheard of. Fuses would all be in the underhood box.

Download the manuals from the link in my signature and check out the schematics. I'll bet they're all related in some way.
Thanks Mooseman used the diagrams and traced the harness and found no visible problems then decided to throw 50 bucks at it by getting a salvage pcm.
Its been running fine since. Again thank you. Joaa

Reactions: Mooseman

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls