Muffler Replacement

coleman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Just noticed that my muffler is rusted through part way around my tail pipe. I'm not noticing a difference in noise level right now, but will probably want to replace it within a few months. What are the thoughts on muffler replacement? Should I go with OEM or aftermarket? I'm not interested in adding rumble or anything. I want the truck to remain as quiet as possible.

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
coleman said:
Just noticed that my muffler is rusted through part way around my tail pipe. I'm not noticing a difference in noise level right now, but will probably want to replace it within a few months. What are the thoughts on muffler replacement? Should I go with OEM or aftermarket? I'm not interested in adding rumble or anything. I want the truck to remain as quiet as possible.

If your saying rusted around my tail pipe then I think your talking about the resenator, and not the muffler.

coleman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
jbones said:
If your saying rusted around my tail pipe then I think your talking about the resenator, and not the muffler.

Yes, okay, the resonator. The big, oval can at the back of the car. I had always assumed that was the muffler.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
coleman said:
Yes, okay, the resonator. The big, oval can at the back of the car. I had always assumed that was the muffler.

Just hack it off, replace it with some pipe and go about your day. Many of use have done it.

coleman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
lint said:
Its not illegal to go without it.

I want to replace it. I'm going to replace it. I'm asking if anyone has any preference as to OEM or aftermarket, not I'm able to cut it off and drive without it.

JCJARHEAD

Dec 7, 2011
I had this one installed after going w/o one for a while. The drone was insane and the kids weren't digging it. I recommend this Walker unit to return to stock performance.

MichEnvoyGuy

Dec 3, 2011
JCJARHEAD said:
I had this one installed after going w/o one for a while. The drone was insane and the kids weren't digging it. I recommend this Walker unit to return to stock performance.

Yeah I recognize the name from the review out on the web :biggrin:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.