Mud/splash guards

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I'm thinking of adding some splash guards to the TB to help protect it from road salt and slush. Anybody have any recommendations? So far, I've found these on Amazon.ca:

These are rather pricey but seem to be custom fit:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B075N6X1NG/?tag=gmtnation-20

(What would be the difference between the LS and LT? Running boards? I have them so, hmmmm.)

And this one which seems to be a type that can fit different models but fits the TB:
https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B000CP86ZY/?tag=gmtnation-20

I'd rather go cheap as they usually get ripped or fall off but not cheap looking.

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
My experience with most cars is to avoid anything that bolts into the body in any way. Back in Missouri, all it would do is create an area for rust to start forming from the mud flap holding i water, dirt and road grime. Unless its something that can be bolted into the already existing bolts, I wouldnt do it..

The OEM models, and Husky, are both designed to bolt into the already existing bolt holes, so they are the ones I recommend.

Techguy77

Nov 6, 2018
Nebraska
My 2006 came with the Chevy Silverado Chevy emblem contoured mud flaps (GM OEM) due to the different bumpers. I think they look good. Was debating getting them for my last TB, glad my new one came with them. Although I did have to raise the front ones and they were too low and scraping the ground at times. Good luck with your decision.

gpking

Dec 27, 2013
Berkeley Springs, WV
Mine look exactly like the ones in the first link (sorry, they're just generic Chinese universal fit) except mine have a bowtie printed on the back. :2thumbsup:
10/10 would highly recommend.

I got them on eBay for like $15 USD a pair back in 2014. I re-used the existing screws and existing holes in the metal front fender and I think I only needed to use 6 of the included self-tappers total.
I did not go overboard by any means.

They've been keeping much of the dust and mud off my paint for 4 years/75,000 miles. Just look at how filthy the front flap gets from on-road driving!
IMG_20150810_192019e.jpg

Reactions: Blckshdw

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Thanks all for the recommendations. Since my initial post, other things got in the way and @TollKeeper 's post made me think too much. The first set is no longer available but I think I may give the second cheaper set a try. A question posted said they are supposed to fit the TB. Just ordered them and I may install them if the weather warms up a bit or bring it in to the DIY shop.

Last edited:

littleblazer

Jul 6, 2014
I have the oe style on mine and they do help. But they're hard to come by now.

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
I have the oe style on mine and they do help. But they're hard to come by now.
I have OEM ones, but never installed them. My truck is just too low to use them without them getting broken. I'd have to shave a lot of material on the bottom of all of them if I did want to use them.

Reactions: littleblazer

Mooseman

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Well, I wound up getting these. Despite the low cost, they seem well built. I'll have to figure a time to install them, hopefully this week.

81UN9DI80bL._SY879_.jpg

Reactions: Matt and Capote

Techguy77

Nov 6, 2018
Nebraska
I have OEM ones, but never installed them. My truck is just too low to use them without them getting broken. I'd have to shave a lot of material on the bottom of all of them if I did want to use them.

Let me know when you're ready to get rid of them. These are getting harder to find. Thanks!

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
Let me know when you're ready to get rid of them. These are getting harder to find. Thanks!
Will do; If I ever come to the realization that I'll never use them, you'll be the first to know bud.

Reactions: Techguy77

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online