Moving to Texas From PA... ? is...Dallas Or Houston?

02blackenvoy

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
Well, Moving to Texas in the near future, and the great debate is here. Houston or Dallas? Not sure, but a little place called Aldine may be the part of Houston. I am hoping to work for the transit Authority or the school bus end in either one.

Any thoughts?

Shawn

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Both transits are good in both cities. My aunt worked for the transit authority in dallas. My honest opinion you can't go wrong with either city but I'd say Houston has the edge seeing as I'm from here :biggrin:. Weather wise Dallas will give you the winters with snow and ice but here you'd be lucky to get flurries. Of course it's Texas so one day you might have on shorts and the next you'll be in 2-3 layers for the cold. You'll make a good choice with whichever city you decide to move to :thumbsup:.

DFWWIZ

Dec 5, 2011
Well Reece, you just prejudiced. Since you haven't lived up north at all. :yes: ME being from N Iowa and moving down here, I would say he will like DFW better because humidity and heat in the summer won't be as bad. Yankees don't like that combo at all. And yea we may get a little snow or ice but with him being from PA he will laugh at all the others as he drives around them. Actually he will look forward to a smidging of snow now and then. :biggrin:

TrailBlazer13

Mar 23, 2014
DFWWIZ said:
Well Reece, you just prejudiced. Since you haven't lived up north at all. :yes: ME being from N Iowa and moving down here, I would say he will like DFW better because humidity and heat in the summer won't be as bad. Yankees don't like that combo at all. And yea we may get a little snow or ice but with him being from PA he will laugh at all the others as he drives around them. Actually he will look forward to a smidging of snow now and then. :biggrin:

I agree with ya on this I have know Shawn for years and this would be great for him

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
Well I see your point with the summers and being used to driving in winter conditions but I stand by them both being great for the jobs he is looking into.

02blackenvoy

Original poster
Feb 1, 2014
Actually, the humidity wouldn't bother me so much...we lived in Orlando for 3 years... It sucked there job wise that's why we came back to Pittsburgh... I just hate cold anymore...lol

Houston is looking good at the moment, and it really looks like they are trying to improve their light rail to become Dallas...lol

Shawn

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
They are always looking to expand our light rail throughout the city and yes they announced plans to make a bullet trains like the ones they have in china. Pretty cool if they can get that going. Just hope it's a way they can run it down the middle of the highway and not have to destroy too much of the environment to construct it.Yes the weather right now is awesome might I add lol.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonH

Members Online