Motor Trend talk

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Hey everyone, now not sure how many on here read the motor trend or car and driver magazines but I am currently looking through the September motor trend and I have to say some very impressive things coming out. Thought I would make this for those car lovers and like to keep updated with the latest and greatest. We can all talk about what is out there and what we read etc. Please keep this a non bias thread. Don't want to read only this car is the best or all the other cars suck, keep that to yourself, Thanks! Keep it mature please!

One thing that caught my eye so far was that BMW is coming out with a i3 and i8 series for the electric car. the i3 will have a 2 cylinder engine and the i8 will have 1.5L engine turbocharged with 349hp. 0-60 in less then 5 seconds :eek: thats crazy for a electric car and it will cost $100,000+ for it too! For a electric car with that small of an engine to go that fast is pretty impressive. Just wonder how the gas will be.

Also the new 2013 bugatti is at 2.2 million with 1200hp, that is stupid fast for you right there lol

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Crazy expensive!! People won't buy these.... well maybe million-billionairs

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
They are very expensive but seems like these are the new future cars really. Lots of companies are trying to go at way now a days.

northcreek

Jan 15, 2012
WNY
I used to frequent the "Jay Leno's garage" site and enjoyed seeing his personal cars/trucks and learning about them.Now it seems to be all of the cars as mentioned with 1200hp.To me these cars are as boring as they are technological marvels.
Do not care to see cars that I could never afford,will never drive and never see on our streets...trophy cars for the rich and famous...Who cares!:crazy:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Don't disagree with you there! I personally would never spend that money on that car even if I had it. I would rather buy top of the line bmw or an Austin Martin or something like that with the money.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
I'm not much of a Dodge guy but after watching some you tube videos I gotta say I really like the new Challenger SRT 392 special edition, what a nice car that is. I'd like to play around with one of those!

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Denali n DOO said:
I'm not much of a Dodge guy but after watching some you tube videos I gotta say I really like the new Challenger SRT 392 special edition, what a nice car that is. I'd like to play around with one of those!

I only Chrysler cars I would ever consider myself would be the srt-8....man those things are sweet. I saw a jeep srt-8 today and deff a nice car not going to lie. Have you guys seen the new 2014 impala they are coming out with? Very sharp and looks much nicer too!

2014-Chevrolet-Impala-front-three-quarters.JPG.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Impala-3.jpg

Chevy_2014_Impala_Interior.jpg

2014-chevrolet-impala_100387842_m.jpg

2014-Chevrolet-Impala-2.jpg

2014-chevrolet-impala_gallery_image_large.jpg

BuckeyeEvan

Apr 1, 2012
since we are off GM topic

I just picked up a 2013 Nissan Altima SV (yes I still have my 08 GMC Envoy Denali)
the thing gets 38mpg highway and the ride is great . tech features are sweet.
altima1.jpg

altima2.jpg

altima3b.jpg

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
2.2 Million for a buggatti

about $170,000 absolute TOPS 99 Dodge Viper GTS TT full build -1400hp

Europeans are retarded, Leave the rich boy crying.

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Wow the new altima does look pretty nice!! You got the 4 cylinder right?

Yeah I agree STLtrailbSS, 2.2 is not a pretty number, honestly so much you can do with it and you can get the baddest house with it also. But $170k for a 99 viper? Aren't the new vipers cheaper then that?

BuckeyeEvan

Apr 1, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Wow the new altima does look pretty nice!! You got the 4 cylinder right?...
yes the 2.5 4 cylinder. For a 4 banger it does a good job on acceleration. better than any other 4 I have owned.
all of the above plus good suspension and a nice seat makes me wonder if this will beat Camry on sales for 2013.

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
Wow the new altima does look pretty nice!! You got the 4 cylinder right?

Yeah I agree STLtrailbSS, 2.2 is not a pretty number, honestly so much you can do with it and you can get the baddest house with it also. But $170k for a 99 viper? Aren't the new vipers cheaper then that?

170K for a 99viper BUILD, I was talking completely built engine down to the bolts.

Jul 23, 2012
STLtrailbSS said:
2.2 Million for a buggatti

about $170,000 absolute TOPS 99 Dodge Viper GTS TT full build -1400hp

Europeans are retarded, Leave the rich boy crying.

Buy the Viper, then come back in two or three years and let's see how much of that $170k is left in value versus how much the Bugatti has lost (gained?) While anyone with money can build a (put your favorite terribly fast, horribly expensive car name here) killer, you have to have a TON of money for the loss of value not to kill you after the build as it will NEVER be worth what it truly cost to build. Been down that road too many times (although never to the tune of $170k!)

TexazReece

Dec 4, 2011
BuckeyeEvan said:
since we are off GM topic

I just picked up a 2013 Nissan Altima SV

Nice but why does it look like the maxima :no: I think a car/truck with its own name should distinguish from other models. Not just Nissan but GM, Ford etc. do this:frown:

ItsOnVoy

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
TexazReece said:
Nice but why does it look like the maxima :no: I think a car/truck with its own name should distinguish from other models. Not just Nissan but GM, Ford etc. do this:frown:

Lots of car companies tend to keep the similar look with there cars, kind of like how the envoy and yukon grilles and shapes are similar or the Tahoe and tb have the cross bar and are similar etc. I guess its there way of saying this is the make of my car/truck/suv from a distance

BuckeyeEvan

Apr 1, 2012
TexazReece said:
It may a look like a 2012 Maxima, but when 2013 Maxima comes out you may change your position. (or keep the same position and I will agree with you on your looks comment.)
And I too find they just reshape a little and make it smaller than Maxima, but remember a Maxima is a whole lot more money. so you could argue it's nice to drive a car that looks like a maxima that cost a lot less.
you want to comment about car looks.. try looking at Mazda's line up I can't tell the difference b/w a 3 and a 6

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online