More PIDs for Torque App

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
Hi guys, after readying trought all those page i would need some help finding my own pid ? could you guys help me ?. basicaly im trying to find current gear and oil pressure on a 2004 silverado. those are specific gm pid. ive gone many way but still cant get anything to work. right now im using hyperterminal and found arrow of data that show up on shifter position change. but i dont understand how to actually "convert" them to pid... whole purpose is using torque pro to display them whyle running...

any help would be great... thanks

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Hi guys, after readying trought all those page i would need some help finding my own pid ? could you guys help me ?. basicaly im trying to find current gear and oil pressure on a 2004 silverado. those are specific gm pid. ive gone many way but still cant get anything to work. right now im using hyperterminal and found arrow of data that show up on shifter position change. but i dont understand how to actually "convert" them to pid... whole purpose is using torque pro to display them whyle running...

any help would be great... thanks

This is my pid for gear.Screenshot_20210113-202229.png
Screenshot_20210113-202241.png

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
i forgot to say, im on an automatic transmision... im looking for so much pid i would like to find the way to scan... selected gear, current gear, fuel tank pressure, ac pressure ect....

Nov 25, 2020
Canada
The pid above is for an 01 silverado with automatic. May or may not work for you.

Do you know where the pid editor is in torque?

I don't know if you'll get tank pressure, I did get the fuelevel. I have found selected gear and actual gear. I'll check my tablet tomorrow and see what the code was.

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
yeah entering pid is fine, as for gear indicator ima try this out tomorow thanks. do you happen to have oil pressure as well ? i tried the torque scan app but it seem like it just send data to every pid ? how do you manage to isolate specific one ?

i ordered a obd2 splitter. hp tuner has all those pid hard codded into scanner, maybe i can log with terminal and ask for data with hp tuner ? never tried an obd2 splitter...

right now im going in with hyperterminal scaning for trafic on the obd2 port, i isolated byte when i change shifter position 68 EA 10 0A 01 AE the two last one beeing value, but i dont know how i can "ask" ecu for data value and push it into torque as everything i tried respond "no data"

Edit:

after double checking it seem that i already tried the pid you sent me, realdash has some coded in software for ls if you wanna check : https://github.com/janimm/RealDash-extras/blob/master/OBD2/realdash_obd2_gm_ls.xml

sadly this is a different ecm and nothing work...

Last edited:

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
yeah entering pid is fine, as for gear indicator ima try this out tomorow thanks. do you happen to have oil pressure as well ? i tried the torque scan app but it seem like it just send data to every pid ? how do you manage to isolate specific one ?

i ordered a obd2 splitter. hp tuner has all those pid hard codded into scanner, maybe i can log with terminal and ask for data with hp tuner ? never tried an obd2 splitter...

right now im going in with hyperterminal scaning for trafic on the obd2 port, i isolated byte when i change shifter position 68 EA 10 0A 01 AE the two last one beeing value, but i dont know how i can "ask" ecu for data value and push it into torque as everything i tried respond "no data"

You have done well to get so far!

The data you are seeing with hyperterminal is not PID data. That data stream is discussed in another thread here ...

The sample you posted "68 EA 10 0A 01 AE" breaks down as this...

68 means a priority 3 type 8 message.

EA (&EB) are the Primary ID Pair for the functional address for "Displays".

10 is the node address of the source of the message, in this case the PCM.

0A is a secondary ID of the Functional address Primary ID pair of EA & EB, (Displays). I do not know the official name of this secondary ID parameter "0A" but you are correct that it carries the data of what the current gear selection is to be displayed by the instrument cluster.

01 is the data byte. I have most often seen this to be 01=P, 02=R, 03=N, 09=D, 08=D3, 07=D2, 06=D1, however I have also seen 00 as P under certain circumstances.

AE is a checksum only. (Not of any value to us)

For some data values I have been able to craft an entry for Torque to request data. For others the PCM or TCCM or BCM are not programmed to respond to request it would appear.

To further discuss these matters the more proper thread would be the one referenced above.

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
after double checking it seem that i already tried the pid you sent me,

Torque Pro has an "extra PID" for [GM] current gear. This PID (22199a) is not working for you? It is my thinking we should start there because that PID should be working for your P59 PCM. Have you loaded the Torque Pro extended PID set? Do you get data from any of these "[GM]" PIDs?

Separately, are you able to use hyperterminal to request PID data? Assuming you are accessing the OBD2 port using something akin to an ELM327 it would require 2 separate commands to the ELM327. The first is needed to set the header that the elm327 will use to send a message. The second entry will be the message you wish to send. For the aforementioned current gear PID the first command from hyperterminal to the ELM327 would be "AT SH 6C 10 F1". This would instruct the ELM327 to use the header "6C 10 F1" for all future messages until instructed to change the header. The next entry sent would be "22 19 9a". The ELM327 will combine the header with this message to produce and send a complete message of "6C 10 F1 22 19 9a xx" where xx will be a checksum computed by the ELM327. This should get a response from the PCM of "6C F1 10 62 19 9A 01 xx" where xx is a checksum and 01 is the current gear selection.

Note that if you have not set the ELM327 to display the headers you will then NOT see the first 3 bytes of the message(s). I always turn on the message header display such that I will know where the message has come from and where it is addressed to. It would appear you are doing this already.

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
allrght, actually most of my dash is using realdash instead of torque pro, wich already has the 22199a pid request and it doesnt work. i think i tried it on hyperterminal BUT i will check again tonight. as for torque pro i also have it , bought it to use the torque scan app . i will do a serie of test tonight, thanks again for all your time.

i did not knew i had to enter separate thing in hyperterminal... damn, regular 1# pid where giving me awnser.

so if i get it right AT SH is "set headers" to : 6c 10 f1 then 22 19 9a is the pid command request ?

so cant i just write 6c 10 f1 22 19 9a or 22199a ?

i used to follow this in hyperterminal :

• issue the following commands (one at a time): ATL1, ATH1, ATS1, ATAL
  • be sure your serial terminal app is set to log to a text file.
  • issue ATMA to have the scan tool start reporting all of the bus msgs it sees.
  • just press enter after a minute to stop the stream of data.

like i said, im really lost trying to enter command i probably dont understand half of what they do. i did some visual basic and stuff year ago but this is a whole new type of language used here and i got no clue where im going. If you have any document of how it work i would be realyl thanksfull

i will do a lot of testing tonight or tomorow monight with a new adapter as well. could be wasting your time just because of a stupid adapter...

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
Well new adapter is elm 2.1 instead of 1.5 doesnt work out either, i did try with torque specific pid, as well as directly as you said with hyperterminal . headers work out but no data with the adress.

all basic pid work... rpm temp speed in terminal and in both realdash/torq

im wondering.. as this whole thing is a swap engine. could this specific pid be stored in the cluster instead of the pcm ? the thing that bother me is that hp tuner DOES have selected gear and current gear shown, as well as any freaking sensor in the engine bay displayed... it seem so close yet out of reach..

Last edited:

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
When you try the PID 22199a with hyperterminal, after setting the header to 6C 10 F1, did you get a response message, or a "NO DATA" reply? I checked that PID on my 2005 Yukon, P59, 5.3 today and found I have to append "01" after the "9A". Without that "01" I got a general response of "6C F1 10 7F 22 19 9A 12 xx" where xx = checksum. The "12" in this response means "sub-function not supported or invalid format". With the " 01" added the entries look like this:

AT SH 6C 10 F1
22 19 9A 01

Sometimes Torque will do this adding of "01" in the background, unknown to the user. Torque often tries several modifications trying to get a PID to work.

so cant i just write 6c 10 f1 22 19 9a or 22199a ?

No. It cannot be made to work that way. Header must be set separately from the rest of the message. Now if several PIDs are to be requested, and the header will be the same, then it is not necessary to reset the header each time.
i did not knew i had to enter separate thing in hyperterminal... damn, regular 1# pid where giving me awnser.

The ELM327 have a default header already set. That default header works for the legislated diagnostics but not the GM specific PIDs.

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
thanks again, ima try this out again today. on hyperterminal i was entering the headers as you said. it gave me "ok" anwser. then the other part without 01 gave me no data...

could it be because its a canadian truck ? different pid adress ?

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
well this morning it seem im getting data back. the only thing is that they dont seem to change with gear selected on the shifter

>22 19 9A 01
6C F1 10 62 19 9A 02 83

>22 19 9A 01
6C F1 10 62 19 9A 02 83

EDIT, i see that this is CURRENT GEAR ? that is when running right ? 1-2-3-4 only ? no P N R D... WELL DAMN it somehow show this morning. only downside is i get 2 when in P N R.

now that it work im still looking for anything else i could have, i found oil pressure someone googling but would also like selected range or trans pressure switch at least. ac pressure sensor and fuel tank pressure.

or if you could help me figure out how to scan for pid ahah

Last edited:

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
do you know of any way i can get a propper pid database for this truck, that or im switching to an aftermarket ecm... this is real pain

PIDs are proprietary information that is not shared by the manufacturers. While there are a lot of things that have been uncovered by enthusiasts there will most likely never be a complete listing.

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
It appears that Transmission Range selection varies between vehicles. Just now I have uncovered this PID for my 2005 Yukon 5.3 LM7 & P59 PCM. The PID is 1113. The PID is for the Range Display, NOT the fluid pressure switch. The bitmap & decimal values are thus:

Bit 0 high = Dec 1 = Park
Bit 1 high = Dec 2 = Reverse
Bit 2 high = Dec 4 = Neutral
Bit 3 high = Dec 8 = D
Bit 4 high = Dec 16 = D3
Bit 5 high = Dec 32 = D2
Bit 6 high = Dec 64 = D1

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
so hmmm, how do you "uncover" pid ? or do you happen to have selected gear pid on your yukon ?

So this is one part of the method I use. Seen in this picture is a screenful of PIDs for my Yukon some of whose identification has not been fully determined. I connect with the vehicle and then take an action and watch for changes in values. The action could be just stepping on the brake pedal or in this most recent test, shifting slowly through the gear selections.

I have spent far more of my time working through PIDs for my Trailblazer then I have for my Yukon, but I do have a good amount of parameters for the Yukon, not all of which have been published here.

Screenshot_20210116-104313.png

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
do you manually enter all the button/pid on your smartphone ? ive done a full scan with torque scan tomorrow and lot of them where showing data. would it be the right way to do it ?

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
To be blunt, I find that the PID scanner in Torque Pro sucks. There seems to be no way to save the output of the scan, the email results function simply doesn't work. So the App scans for a very long time and you are left with no way to document the results.

A lot of what I do is in this thread and the ELM327 thread but I have done a poor job of assembling it into a more usable "how-to". I will summarize my method.

I begin with a Google spreadsheet where I generate a list of all possible PIDs in the range I am working on and also generate a listing of the commands to be sent. Next I copy and paste the list into an android serial terminal app as a macro to be replayed. The app I use is "serial bluetooth terminal" for Android by Kai Morich. Like Hyperterminal for Android. There is some small number of configuration options to be set like between line send delay and so forth. Depending on the number of PIDs to be scanned and how long the scan will take I may hookup a battery charger. I enable logging and run the macro. I will know if the PID is supported and how many bytes are returned by the responses in the log file. I process the log file in a Google spreadsheet with which I extract the listing of affirmative responses, ie: supported PIDs.

Torque Pro and others allow for importing PIDs from a .csv file. I again use Google spreadsheet for creating, editing and maintaining lists of PIDs for import primarily to Torque Pro but also OBD Fusion and Car Scanner.

So PIDs are imported to Torque Pro and there I can make a dashboard of PIDs like the screenshot recently posted. In these dashbord displays I can check what actions result in changes to the PIDs as just seen with my Yukon and the 1113 PID for Transmission Range. Until today I had not previously discovered that one.

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
Damn, it seem like i would need a lot more spare time, as i dont have the knowledge to generate pid number from scratch and very limited spreadsheet ability, thanks for your time here, i really apreciate, Current and selected gear seem right now, as well as oil pressure and transmision oil temp. at this point i would like to use some weird sensor input as 0-5v input, fuel tank pressure and ac pressure sensor... those last one would really make my day but i can live without them.

on the other side do you think i could use an obd2 splitter, along with some "scanner" that HAVE the pid built into them ? do you think i would see the data stream on hyperterminal from the scanner to the ecm ?

i mean bot hp tuner and efi live have complete pid support but file are encrypted ..

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
the other side do you think i could use an obd2 splitter, along with some "scanner" that HAVE the pid built into them ? do you think i would see the data stream on hyperterminal from the scanner to the ecm ?

Yes, I can absolutely confirm this can be done :wink: I myself have 4 OBD2 adapters and 2 splitters.

fuel tank pressure and ac pressure sensor..

I might have these. I know I have these working on my 2005 5.3. My A/C high pressure I have displayed in PSIG and confirmed with a digital gaugeset (I am an HVAC Journeyman) . My fuel tank pressure sensor (vapor pressure of the tank, not fuel pump pressure) I have but only displayed as voltage out from the sensor. I have not yet worked out the scaling and offset for this PID.

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
those would be perfect. i only use those as 0-5v input. i feed my wideband trought one, and transmision oil pressure into another, then just scale the value over the range of the sensor.

i dont mind giving money for those, thats either that or im trashing the stock ecm for a 1000 buck one at this point.

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
those would be perfect. i only use those as 0-5v input. i feed my wideband trought one, and transmision oil pressure into another, then just scale the value over the range of the sensor.

i dont mind giving money for those, thats either that or im trashing the stock ecm for a 1000 buck one at this point.
Well tomorrow I will recheck and confirm what works for my Yukon.

My A/C pressure PID I use is 1144. The header is the same. So the strings I send are...

AT SH 6C 10 F1
22 11 44 01

For the A/C pressure I take the single data byte returned, convert to dec, multiply by 1.83 then subtract 14.7 for pressure in PSI

For my fuel tank pressure I use 11 4E.

AT SH 6C 10 F1
22 11 4E 01

I express this as volts using a 5 volt range as return value divided by 51

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
damn thats great i cant wait to try them out tomorow.

i was wondering, i see that torque pro use "auto" headers, the thing here is torque is great, but i cant have dual screen on torque like as in realdash. so ima stick to real dash in the end and use torque pro to test. Realdash is kinda basic on custom input. i have to specify manually every headers for every pid if i put a single gm specific pid because it doesnt have the "auto" headers function. Now lets say i put in some fresh gm pid with headers, i have to enter every basic one headers into the software, like speed, rpm , ect. do they all use the same headers as they are generic pid ? if so what is it ?

also i forgot to ask but do you have any headers for the selected gear one ?

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
damn thats great i cant wait to try them out tomorow.

i was wondering, i see that torque pro use "auto" headers, the thing here is torque is great, but i cant have dual screen on torque like as in realdash. so ima stick to real dash in the end and use torque pro to test. Realdash is kinda basic on custom input. i have to specify manually every headers for every pid if i put a single gm specific pid because it doesnt have the "auto" headers function. Now lets say i put in some fresh gm pid with headers, i have to enter every basic one headers into the software, like speed, rpm , ect. do they all use the same headers as they are generic pid ? if so what is it ?

The trouble I have seen with Torque Pro and Auto headers is we normally do not see what Torque is sending. However, with a splitter I have watched what Torque sends and it is sometimes nonsense. I have seen Torque take the header from one PID and try that header with dozens of other PIDs. For example I have a custom PID for requestimg status of the liftgate glass from the liftgate module. Torque has taken that header and put it together with a request for say engine RPM and the resulting message asks the liftgate module for the engine RPM!! It would appear that under some circumstances Torque randomly combines headers and PIDs from different, unrelated PIDs and sends that out. This can complicate testing. I much prefer using my serial bluetooth terminal app where I am in command of what is sent and how it is sent.

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado

For the overwhelming majority of these GM specific PIDs the header will be the same as long as the data your are requesting is from the PCM.

The header for these GM vehicles is a three byte string.

The first byte represents both the message type and message priority. "6C" is a priority 3, type 12 message. Priority runs from a high of 0 to a low of 7 and is coded as bits 7, 6 & 5 of the first byte of the header. A type 12 message is a node to node message using a physical target address.

Second byte is the target address. In our case "10" is the physical address of our PCM.

Third byte is the sending address to which in this case responses will be addressed. The default test tool address is F1.

6C (message type & priority)
10 (target address)
F1 (source address)
22 (mode/service from the PCM)
11 (first byte of PID)
44 (second byte of PID)
01 (sub-function of mode/service)
XX (checksum provided by ELM)

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
So basicaly. i can set headers to 6c 10 f1 for rpm speed and everything we spoke above. "if im right"

Well that depends on the specific PID.

I have not spoken of "standard PIDs". The header "6C 10 F1" uses a direct node to node message type where the target address is a 'physical' address of a module. There is another type of message type which uses a target called a 'functional' address. The message you isolated using Hyperterminal is such a message type. "68 EA 10 0A 01 AE" In the 3 byte header the second byte is the target address. But there is no module with the physical address of "EA". In this message type the "EA" is a functional address. A functional address is one that deals with a given function of the vehicle, in the case of EA the 'function' is titled "Displays". So if a module has data that is required by other modules in the vehicle it broadcasts that data not to a specific node but instead to a functional address specified for the function in question.

Among these "Functions" is a class titled "Legislated Diagnostics". In here are the Standard PIDs set out by legislation primarily dealing with everything necessary for emissions control and testing. It is these PIDs that practically all softwares use to request things like engine RPM, coolant temperature and so forth. There's a compendium of sorts on Wikipedia that is a good reference for these PIDs and likely explains things better than I just did.

Anyway, back on point... For these PIDs the header will be "68 6A F1" .

The rest of a request for say vehicle speed will be "01 0D" which will return a single byte value that is vehicle speed in km/h.

Last edited:

jim carrier

Jan 13, 2021
canada
Well everything is clear now, im gonna try to work on it this week. let me know if you want something for your work i really apreciate your helpé. this thread is pure gold to me

Last edited:

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
Well here goes.....this is not technically a "PID" but I am going to post it here nonetheless.

A true PID is usually requested from a module by use of service $22, request data by PID. You send a properly formatted request to the module, the module takes the PID number and looks up that PIDs details in an internal table where it gets the memory address where the PID data is stored as well as other details needed to retrieve and process the PID data. This is the general method used by Torque and others. Works great for the majority of interests.

But what about the Transfer case and HVAC modules?? I discovered sometime last year that our TCCM and HVAC modules do not support service $22 so we cannot request live data from these using the normal methods. Most unfortunate since the 4WD system seems to generate so much grief for owners.

I set about finding a way to get at this data last year then tabled it for a time after making some progress in identifying PIDs, even though I could not directly use the PID number. Spent the last 3 days poring over documents found on chinese websites and tinkering with my bluetooth elm clone adapter and a serial terminal app that has support for saved macros as well as being able to log the session, the latter being crucial to the task.

OK, lets get to it. I am using service $23 instead of service $22 so the ~pid~ info typed into Torque will begin with 23, not 22. Next comes a 3 byte memory address followed by a single byte memory size. My tests indicate the memory size request can only be 01 which returns 4 bytes beginning at the memory address in the request. Here is the string for the 4WD mode switch on the dashboard of my 2002 TrailBlazer. "2300009001". This will return 4 bytes but we are only using the first byte here, which Torque will label as "A" in the equation. The value returned by the TCCM is a single hex byte which Torque converts to decimal and passes to the equation editor as 'A'.

View attachment 94672

View attachment 94673

The header is important here. It must be as shown so that the message packet is sent to right module. The message priority and type is "6C", the TCCM is node address 1A, and our sending address is "F1" so the full 3 byte header is "6C1AF1".

View attachment 94674
------------------------------

For the encoder motor return voltage the only change besides the names of your choosing is the memory address of $000091. So the 'mode and pid' string is thus "2300009101"

-------------------------------

So again I say, I have no way to know if this will work on anything other than what it has been developed on, my 2002 TrailBlazer.

Someone here once posted they could not enter more than 6 characters in the "mode and pid" field of Torque. I never came up with any reason for this as I can enter almost anything there without any error message. If this is the case for you then this method of retrieving data cannot be made to work for you as the service $23 requires the string as I have shown it here.

Please do post here if you try this method and works for you. I fully expect this to ONLY work for trucks with the very same 4WD system as mine, same TCCM etc. It is quite possible that even other year TCCMs will be different and this will not yield correct data.

So I have recently been exploring a couple of U-Pull&Pay TCCM I picked up last year. This evening I did some memory scans and located the memory addresses of the encoder motor return signal and the the mode switch signal,,,, again. Not surprising that the location is not the same across differing hardware and softwares. Luckily they didn't move it far from where my 2002 has them, only a few bytes away. Also it appears that the memory location of the front axle disconnect switch bit is unchanged across these three in my possession.

I also researched the part numbers and calibrations of the three I have and discovered my 2002 TCCM is indeed the original production unit and the calibration is just one level up from the initial calibration, the only change being to address a factory issue, no driveability concerns addressed. One of the junkyard units appears to be the most recent hardware and software.

The remaining TCCM appears to be the one immediately after the initial production unit.

The original 15085386 with cal# 15085387, then I have 12580060 with cal# 12580062, and lastly 12590220 with cal# 12590218.

So now I can add more PIDs, such as they are to the list here. With a little more spelunking at the yard maybe I'll find the remaining two part numbers.

Just realized that perhaps the best way to post these up would be in spreadsheet form...

Screenshot_20210307-205912.png

jawhnny

Mar 25, 2021
calgary
Gotta say this is an interesting thread! I went to school for some introductory networking and this reminds me of the painful hours of learning binary and hexadecimal... but this subject matter keeps it interesting!

I recently flashed my 05' 4.3L GMC Jimmy with the popular 12587603 OS and am now wanting to setup tow/haul mode. I added the missing ground pinout and was hoping to add a status light to test and see when its toggled on/off. I wanted to have Torque display the status since I don't want to trust a dumb illuminated switch I wire up over the PCM itself.

Can anyone post the details they were successful with? I tried using a few equations but I get no displayed value, though it does respond to the PID request. Not sure if Im missing something out of ignorance or it may just not be compatible with my vehicle.

This was for PID 1973, querying the first bit?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2020
Canada
Gotta say this is an interesting thread! I went to school for some introductory networking and this reminds me of the painful hours of learning binary and hexadecimal... but this subject matter keeps it interesting!

I recently flashed my 05' 4.3L GMC Jimmy with the popular 12587603 OS and am now wanting to setup tow/haul mode. I added the missing ground pinout and was hoping to add a status light to test and see when its toggled on/off. I wanted to have Torque display the status since I don't want to trust a dumb illuminated switch I wire up over the PCM itself.

Can anyone post the details they were successful with? I tried using a few equations but I get no displayed value, though it does respond to the PID request. Not sure if Im missing something out of ignorance or it may just not be compatible with my vehicle.

This was for PID 1973, querying the first bit?
I used it like this. From the top to the bottom. I'm querying bit 0.

(Gmc)tow haul
MODE
X1
___leave blank
Lookup(Bit(A:0)::0='Normal':1='Tow')
Auto
Everything else is empty or default.

Reactions: jawhnny

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado
In another thread there has been a handful of comments regarding Torque Pro and transmission parameters. Thought I would toss out a couple of things I wonder about here.

Torque Pro has their set of extended parameters that I have long surmised initially came from user submissions. What vehicles these users were testing on we will never know. So some PIDs work on our platform and some do not. For trans fluid temp there are 2 where the only difference is the header (one is for CANBUS vehicles).

Some appear to work but how reliable are they?

Take the PID for input shaft speed,... according to wiring diagrams my 2002 has no input shaft speed sensor so what is the source of this value??

Similarly there is the PID for TCC Slip... With no input shaft speed sensor how can this be determined and differentiated from some other component slippage??

TJBaker57

Original poster
Aug 16, 2015
Colorado

Do you know what PCM your vehicle is using? I really don't know doodly squat about this PCM vs that PCM but if it were the same as one I have there is at least some expectation that PIDs just might be the same.

My Trailblazer has no tow/haul mode (don't know if any of them do?) but my Yukon does.

This discussion of Tow/Haul mode... I had to go back in this thread to even see what I had been doing as with many such things I get into it for a time then move on and forget about it! So I see that I never did come to any conclusions about this 1973 PIDs bit 0 validity.

@jawhnny what response were you seeing for the 1973 PID? Did you try the PID test button in the equation editor and see the complete response or were you only looking at a Torque Pro dashboard display?

jawhnny

Mar 25, 2021
calgary
Do you know what PCM your vehicle is using?
My Jimmy is using a P59 I believe
Mine never had a Tow/Haul button either but I did see it say it would use that shift table if commanded by the TCCM if it if shifted into 4lo.
I also saw I could enable a setting in TunerPro to enable it by a momentary ground to pin 71 on the PCM instead of just the TCCM data bus signal.

I used it like this. From the top to the bottom. I'm querying bit 0.
Works like a charm now, thank you!!
To me it seems it just switches to tell you its NOT in normal trans mode.
When I looked through TunerPro, it showed 4 tranny modes. Normal, performance/tow, manual and WOT modes. If any of these other modes are enabled, it seems to trigger this.

Works perfect to tell me if my Tow/Haul button works when I push it though.

Reactions: TJBaker57

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online