More Midgate Window Woes :(

Sqrly

Original poster
Apr 2, 2024
Livingston CA
We we got this vehice the midgate window regulator was fubar and the position switch was broken off.

I bought a Dorman regulator from my local Autozone ($200) and did some custom work mounting the switch. Then redid the switch mount but that's another post.

Now the window won't go up. We almost never open it, there's no reason to unless we need to fold the midgate down or one of those rare occasions comes up when you want to open all 6 windows. We've opened it 5 times and the fifth time it just made a loud popping sound (loose gears slipping against each other) when I tried to close it.

I checked everything and nothing is binding. It takes very little additional force, pushing up on the bottom of the glass with my hand while someone presses the switch, to get it to go up.

The good news is the regulator has a lifetime warranty and the guy at my local Autozone didn't hesitate when I asked for a warranty replacement. He just clicked his mouse buttons a few times and told me I could pick it up tomorrow :wink:

Capture.JPG

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apdesigns420

Members Online