Monstaliner

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I am planning to do some Monstaliner to fix some rust issues I have on the lower interior portion of the doors and some chips and such on the outside. I had this picture photoshopped with the two ideas of how I could do it. Should I do the fenders or just the lower section?

This..
untitled2.jpg

or this...
untitled.jpg

Monstaliner is close to my bumper powder coat so it appears to blend quite well with the sample i have.

Here is the monsta vs herculiner....the herc is far rougher
ML90_vs_Herc-lg.jpg

Another stolen pic of the monsta
images.jpg

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Do the fenders, looks more integrated like the two-tone TB's from the factory.

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
Both styles look pretty sweet. Personally, I would go for the bottom section only. Tough call either way. Can you do the bottom section only and test drive it for a couple weeks and then tape off the fenders and add those if you think you need to?

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Uncle Blazer said:
an you do the bottom section only and test drive it for a couple weeks and then tape off the fenders and add those if you think you need to?

Good question. Reading how it works, it seems that you put the activator in the whole thing, so I kinda doubt it will keep. I will email them though.

GCTB1289

Mar 19, 2012
i would say fenders as well goes with the flow of the truck

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Follow the body lines with the fenders, IMO. That's what I plan to do if I do anything.

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I like the fenders done as well.
You might try another photo shop with the fenders but not quite so high up on the doors just to see how that looks.

Sir ffeJ

Dec 1, 2011
My vote for fenders :thumbsup:

Besides, it would give it more of the North Face look.

Attachments

• North Face.jpg
    North Face.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 14

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Ahh...Seeing it on that northface makes me not want to do the fenders. I dont think that looks good at all.

SAR85

Jan 31, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Ahh...Seeing it on that northface makes me not want to do the fenders. I dont think that looks good at all.

I don't think it looks great on the North Face EXT but I like it on the your photoshopped SWB.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
That does look better. I just ordered the kit and a quart of Chassis Saver for the rust spots. ZGot free shipping and the CS free as well through a vendor on Pirate. Cant complain at all.

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Yep, do the fenders too. Looks good to me, no fenders and it's just a straight line seperation, definetly do fenders! :thumbsup:

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
+1 for with fenders. I think it's the gloss on the NF black that troughs it off.

And do the rims also

:rotfl: JK I know how much you love black rims

jimmyjam

Nov 18, 2011
i don't think you can go wrong either way

although without the fenders, it kinda looks like an old jeep cherokee

640px-99-03_Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_Laredo.jpg

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Sir ffeJ said:
Here is the SWB NF version.
View attachment 8955

Wow, I had to look at your location a few times just to be sure. I thought I had a member here local. The dealership that truck is on is less then 2 miles from my house. In fact that is the same truck that JRSS and I looked at a couple months ago and posted pictures here on the site. Nice google find!

Kyle, between the two options I would say include the fenders. However, I would rather see you use a white bed liner and do the best you can to color match the truck.

bore_pig

Nov 25, 2011
I would do the fenders. I already did the bottom 4" of my doors with herculiner and would like to do the fenders to match. I think it would complete the look.

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
I like the idea of white liner. Also in black you should just do the whole truck. Might be cool idk

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Whole truck would get predator color. Have not seen this in white

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
I never understood this look, why not just take the time and repair the panels?? to each their own i suppose

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Bub said:
I never understood this look, why not just take the time and repair the panels?? to each their own i suppose

Simple issue of cost. This costs 10% or less of full repair but will last as long. Also helps w future rock chips n trail scars.

I prefer to save the money for more important things and still have the rust fixed.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
the 2nd one. Thats the way i wanna do mine. Maybe do a liner meet? lol

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Hoping to be done by jamboree

- - - Updated - - -

Hoping to be done by jamboree

Feb 18, 2012
I'd prefer it without the fenders. I've never been a big fan of the North Face trucks.

I helped a buddy do this to his Cherokee and it looked sweet.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Bub said:

Cost. Also why put all that time, effort, and money into making the panels look perfect just to scratch them all up again on the trail?

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
I would have to see it in person. I would definitely not like it if it was a different shade of white.

Feb 18, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
Whole truck would get predator color. Have not seen this in white

What is predator color? I tried googling and just got pictures of coloring books for Predators. Haha

Also going with the black just on the bottom of the doors looks best IMO just because it flows with the bumpers. Go with your gut.

Bub

Nov 21, 2011
Sparky said:
Cost. Also why put all that time, effort, and money into making the panels look perfect just to scratch them all up again on the trail?

I just think if its worth doing its worth doing right

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I agree. But right in the instance of a trail vehicle I think is more something tougher and durable, not a nice shiny paint job :biggrin:

lint

Dec 4, 2011
Did you try a pic with the line on the side a little lower ,like on the jeep They are about 2'' lower on the doors than the bumpers.

It just looks to high .But still looks nice. and the pic looks cleaner with no liner on the fenders.

Attachments

• 640px-99-03_Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_Laredo.jpg
    640px-99-03_Jeep_Grand_Cherokee_Laredo.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 89
  • untitled2.jpg
    untitled2.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 9

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Might look cool to take the liner all the way up to the bottom of the windows. Better protection from trail scars.

IslandRunner

Dec 4, 2011
jrSS said:
Might look cool to take the liner all the way up to the bottom of the windows. Better protection from trail scars.

I've seen a two tone paint job that looked good like that, but bedliner may look different.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
javier perez

Members Online