Monroe quick struts + Supreme Suspensions 3", 2" ????

haymad

Original poster
Feb 3, 2019
San Diego
Just picked up an 07 Trailblazer and want to put the supreme suspensions 3" front 2" rear I found on amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00HV ... UTF8&psc=1

I see frequently bought together with the Supreme Suspensions lift is the Monroe 171341 Quick-Strut Complete Strut Assembly and Monroe 58644 Monroe Load Adjust Shock Absorber.

I went ahead and got all 3 and tried putting them on yesterday. Now it seems the monroe strut tower is too tall/long to fit back in with the supreme suspensions spacers in there. Do the monroe quick struts not allow for the supreme suspensions strut spacers? Anyone have any experience with these parts??? Not sure what to do now except to send back the monroe quick struts and just put the supreme suspension lift back on to the OEM strut tower. Any help or advice is much appreciated! Thank you!!

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
It takes a lot more compression to get them back together. The same would hold true with the stock springs.

haymad

Original poster
Feb 3, 2019
San Diego
It takes a lot more compression to get them back together. The same would hold true with the stock springs.

Sorry, I dont understand. I compressed the new monroe quick struts and installed the strut spacer then put everything back together but when I go to put them back on the truck, I install the thin disc they call "lift spacer plates" on the OUTSIDE and top of the tower and then the quick struts dont fit down into the spindle where the pinch joint is. The angle is off. If I leave those out then everything mounts up fine and truck is def way higher but not sure by how much over stock. Those spacers measure .5" and im assuming should make it taller. If you click the link to the amazon product, Im referring to the two discs in the foreground of the product picture.

Thanks for your reply man. I love this new truck!

Last edited:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I would run without the extra 1/2 inch until the springs settle then drop them down and put in the spacer if you are having issues doing all at once.

haymad

Original poster
Feb 3, 2019
San Diego
I would run without the extra 1/2 inch until the springs settle then drop them down and put in the spacer if you are having issues doing all at once.

Yeah thats what im going to do. I guess the Monroe part is a little longer than OEM. Once they start to sag a bit I'll throw in the extra 1/2"

Thank you everyone for the insight!

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MEHMET ONUR

Members Online