Modifying a Brush Guard?

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Since WAAG is apparently not supporting out platform anymore, :mad::hissyfit::frown: we no longer have any brush guards that don't take away our approach angle/ground clearance; as far as I know, all of the below run under the front bumper:

Hunter
Westin
Rhino
BlackHorse
Aries

So my question is, has anyone tried modifying them to fit like the WAAG? I know we will still lose the sturdyness, but what about cutting off the lower portion, and having the cross beam continue through the tow hooks and securing like the WAAG? I'm considering doing this with the BlackHorse as it will cost under $400 shipped.

Thoughts? :undecided:

Bartonmd

Nov 20, 2011
It looks like they still make them... You've called Waag, and they aren't making them any more?

Mike

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
I believe it was JBones? that had emailed them asking about their product, and they said they are discontinuing their products; he posted the response on someones classifieds and I remember something about that on the OS as well. I will shoot them another email though, as I was going to purchase one once my tax return came in.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
wootown22 said:
That's interesting, I wonder how it actually fits on the blazer? have you seen either of those on one? I never thought of looking at actual police supply companies

I'm sure you can get one to fit, I have seen a few TB's used for Emergency Management around here with what looks to be the same bumper guards you were given links to. I can always try and get a few pictures and ask a few questions at my next EM meeting if you want, but that won't be until 2 weeks from now. They look pretty good in my opinion, I my even get a police grade version for the 'voy.

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Voymom that would be great. The main reason I want on is to add a little definition t the front end, as well as have a place to mount driving lights. I am in no hurry so two weeks time is not a problem. :thumbsup:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
wootown22 said:
Voymom that would be great. The main reason I want on is to add a little definition t the front end, as well as have a place to mount driving lights. I am in no hurry so two weeks time is not a problem. :thumbsup:

Sounds great! I will snap a few shots and ask a few questions then. As far as adding a bit of definition I know the feeling. I like the look without having to beef it up to much. I don't have any immediate plans on lifting mine as I'm just way to short lol and the EM TB's are stock ride height too, we have just 2 EM vehicles in our small town, the rest are our volunteer's DD's like my voy, but maybe some of the volunteers can chime in at the meeting, I know a few with the guards as well.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Both of those specifically list the Trailblazer.

kardain

Dec 16, 2011
I don't see why a guard such as the hunter can't be modified for more than $50, maybe $60, in material... Some metal tubing, flat steel stock,a grinder, paint, and a bit of welding is all it will take.

Bend the tubing to fit in the tow hook holes, flat stock to fab the mount, weld the tube and mount to the guard, flat stock for the upper stabilizer... Done.

via Tapatalk

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Bartonmd said:
It looks like they still make them... You've called Waag, and they aren't making them any more?

Mike

I never bothered to call after this:

RE: Parts inquiryTuesday, March 20, 2012 4:07 PMFrom: "Sales at WAAG" <sales@waag.com>

Thank you for your inquiry,

Unfortunately at this time, we no longer make parts for this vehicle.

Waag has discontinued any manufacturing for the Trailblazer.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Irma Echeverria

Waag Sales Order Department

(800)492-2452

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
RE: Parts inquiryMonday, March 19, 2012 10:54 AMFrom: "Sales at WAAG" <sales@waag.com>Add sender to

Hi Jeff,

Yes, we do make guards for the 08’ Trailblazer. Here is the cost for parts in question:

Front Runner Guard-$475.00

Rear Guard-$375.00

Lead time is 4-5 weeks at this time.

If you need to place an order or have any questions please call us direct toll free at (800)492-2452.

Have a great day.

Irma Echeverria

Waag Sales Order Department

(800)492-2452

wootown22

Original poster
Dec 4, 2011
Wait they told you one day that they did, and then the next that they didn't? Nice....

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
wootown22 said:
Wait they told you one day that they did, and then the next that they didn't? Nice....

I'm guessing she found out she advised wrong the first time, hence the second email. Maybe a phone call next week to confirm.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
wootown22 said:
That's interesting, I wonder how it actually fits on the blazer? have you seen either of those on one? I never thought of looking at actual police supply companies

I haven't seen either of them in person, just on that site. When I get a bit more fluid, I'll be picking on of them up for mine...won't be for a while yet though.

Ghost

Jun 1, 2012
Sorry to bump this year old thread but did you ever get some photos @voymom

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online