Model Year vs. Rear Window & Side Mirrors

SEMIJim

Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
Hi There,

My wife's 2003 TrailBlazer is scheduled for the boneyard. Frame rusted though and cracked. I have a 2007 TrailBlazer. The 2003 TB has heated side-view mirrors. Can I swap mirrors with it? (I understand they just "pop" off and mine will have the connectors in there, despite not having heated mirrors?)

Secondly: Half the wires in my rear window defogger are dead. Can I swap rear window glass between the two trucks?

Thanks,
Jim

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yes on both of those, assuming both are the same wheelbase as the rear glass is different on the standard wheelbase vs the EXT.

Reactions: Blckshdw and Matt

SEMIJim

Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
Already gave away one of the cup holder liners a coworker's son had lost in his TB. Swapped the brand new high-end Bridgestones to a neighbour for $300. I'll be snagging the center-console lid (mine's collapsed), rear window and heated side mirrors with mine. That'll pretty much cover it, I think.

Njg425

Sep 6, 2016
Souther California
Shocks, brake pads, air filter, spark plugs, etc. is more of line of thinking I was after. You already got the tires. Things you know will be replaced eventually you might as well snag. Just my 2 cents

Reactions: Reprise

Reprise

Lifetime VIP Donor
Supporting Donor
Jul 22, 2015
:iagree: Look at it this way... if the wife's TB has a rusted / cracked frame - then you're going to be shelling out for a new vehicle, anyway. Since you're lucky enough to have a twin to your DD - *and* you know it's going directly to the yard - you may as well take as many wear parts as you can from it, to keep yourself in parts for a couple of years while you & the wife are enjoying her new vehicle.

Also - if the wife knows the frame is on its last legs, you'll score points by getting her out of that vehicle. Those kind of points last a long time / go a long way :smile:

Reactions: Njg425

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
For the heated mirrors, if yours never came with them, check that the wires are there. You might have to replace the entire assemblies including the wire harness to the door modules.

SEMIJim

Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
For the heated mirrors, if yours never came with them, check that the wires are there.
Cranking the glass around and looking in there with a bright flashlight I see two reds and an orange in each of my wife's, two reds and a yellow in each of mine.

You might have to replace the entire assemblies including the wire harness to the door modules.
That most definitely will not be happening :wink:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
Heated mirror wires are small black wires toward the outside edge on the mirrors. Best way to check is to pull the glass off. Adjust the mirrors as far down as possible, grab the top of the glass and pry off.

Reactions: SEMIJim

SEMIJim

Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
Save The TrailBlazer Project Status

Missing Bose woofers: Strike 1

Pem nuts, or whatever you call them, stripped, so can't get rear glass off my wife's old TrailBlazer: Strike 2

My TrailBlazer doesn't have the side-view mirror heater wires, after all: Strike 3

I think the writing's on the wall and it's time to accept the fact that my TrailBlazer, much as I love it and as good as it still looks, is not worth putting any money into, other than minimal, safety-related maintenance :sadcry:

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Save The TrailBlazer Project Status

Missing Bose woofers: Strike 1

Pem nuts, or whatever you call them, stripped, so can't get rear glass off my wife's old TrailBlazer: Strike 2

My TrailBlazer doesn't have the side-view mirror heater wires, after all: Strike 3

I think the writing's on the wall and it's time to accept the fact that my TrailBlazer, much as I love it and as good as it still looks, is not worth putting any money into, other than minimal, safety-related maintenance :sadcry:

Don't be sad, there's still a lot you can do to make your TB better. AFAIK since your wifes TB was an 03 and yours being an 07 the connectors may be different. If you were to say swap a 07 heated mirror with your it may be possible

Reactions: SEMIJim

SEMIJim

Original poster
Apr 13, 2013
Don't be sad, there's still a lot you can do to make your TB better. AFAIK since your wifes TB was an 03 and yours being an 07 the connectors may be different. If you were to say swap a 07 heated mirror with your it may be possible
I'm sad because I know my TB's days are numbered :sadcry:

I can't put heated mirrors on because there's no wires in there for them.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.