Mod Help

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Today I debadge and demolded my 04 trailblazer. It took longer that I thought but very pleased with the results. I need some more suggestions on some mods I have Window Tint, HID's(High, Low, and Fog), Color Matched Door Handles, White Bowtie, Paint Plastic. Any other suggestions? I will post some pictures tomorrow

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I am going to install interior LED's at the same time I do HID's. Rims will be later on but it is on the list just can't decide 22's or 24's.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
U could definately do the whole thing. Its a lot more work. I just like a lil contrast with the black. Plus if the paint doesn't match exactly it won't show just with the mirror cover painted.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
My uncle is a professional painter so I am not really concerned too much on making it match and the work. Not trying to brag but just saying idk how much work it is to do the whole thing

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
If I had pics I could show u. The handle on the back glass. U could replace with some bolts and make the glass cleaner lookin.. damn i need to get some pics of my ride on here.

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
silvernclean said:
If I had pics I could show u. The handle on the back glass. U could replace with some bolts and make the glass cleaner lookin.. damn i need to get some pics of my ride on here.

Are you talking about the black thing to lift up the glass? or the actual piece you lift it up with?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
And the antenna delete...u could take the antenna off and run some wire under windshield weatherstripping, or just take the whole mast of and hide it under the cowl. I did this but reception kinda sucks. So I replaced the antenna with a shorter one and put it back in its original location.

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
elballz12 said:
What do you mean by this?

DSC_0251-1.jpg

Excuse the old sticker, I probably should update the photo

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
U could upgrade ur rear wiper arm to the '07 style. Much cleaner. ( I haven't done that yet )

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
The antenna delete mod is there a place I order a smaller one from or could you help me with this process? The window lift mod doesn't look like it is worth it now.. Does it just make it look cleaner?

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
silvernclean said:
U could upgrade ur rear wiper arm to the '07 style. Much cleaner. ( I haven't done that yet )

I do like the look on the newer model. Any idea where to get it?

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
silvernclean said:
Window hatch handle delete. Antenna delete.

elballz12 said:
What do you mean by this?

Antenna delete. Get a nut or two (I used 2) and 2 washers that fit the antenna stud. Use those to clamp in some wire to act as your new antenna and hide the wire under your hood.

0719111627.jpg

0719111628.jpg

Window hatch handle delete. Take off the handle on your rear glass, use lag bolts, nuts and neoprene washers to hold the latch in place.

0918111020a.jpg

Sorry about that fugly ass decal :redface:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sounds Like You Have A lot of room for some amplifiers in the back :biggrin:
Resonator Delete
Roof Rack Removal give it the SS look
Custom CAI.
SS/Envoy Shifter (Quick Switch Out)
Smoked Taillights
If your good with the Solder Gun There is an abundance of LEDS to be installed to change the whole color of your dash/door lights
LED Dome Lights, Simple $10 eBay buy makes a world of difference

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
No. U could use the stock antenna. Unbolt the wole shabang. (Meaning the mast which is what the antenna screws on to.) And stick it under the cowl. Or unsrew the antenna , get some speaker wire , and use 2 nuts to sandwich the wire onto the antenna mast. Then stick the wire under the weather stripping on the side of the windshield.

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Sorry, yes it is ment to make the truck look cleaner. That stock antenna is like 4 ft tall. :eek:

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
"Sorry about that fugly ass decal" HAHAHAHAHA What is the deal with the old website? I am leaving the roof rack on cause we go on beach trips a few times a year and I am in the process of saving up for 2 SA 12's in a ported box and won't have any room for the suitcases and want to leave to beat in for the ride down :biggrin:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
You no I never under the antenna delete mod!! I just removed mine in general and put it in the back see and the radio works perfect lol Why put the wire under and screw them in and stuff

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
You no I never under the antenna delete mod!! I just removed mine in general and put it in the back see and the radio works perfect lol Why put the wire under and screw them in and stuff

Well where I live the reception sucks ass without an antenna. Depend where u live I guess. Ur voy must be better than mine. :mad: haha

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
Its in appearance because It started off as exterior mods. I am going for the clean/white out look so I don't really care for the blacked out taillight just my opinion

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
silvernclean said:
Well where I live the reception sucks ass without an antenna. Depend where u live I guess. Ur voy must be better than mine. :mad: haha

It might be the reception haha I mean I do not think my 02 will be any better then anyones elses....maybe with some mods it can/will :wink: :rotfl:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
elballz12 said:
Its in appearance because It started off as exterior mods. I am going for the clean/white out look so I don't really care for the blacked out taillight just my opinion

U could use red vht instead of the black.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:

You can color match your taillights!! Just do not paint the parts that light up when braking etc. That will help with the White out look! :yes:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
I don't even use my radio just have my iPod playing will this even affect it?

No you will be fine!!

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
elballz12 said:
So I can actually just take it off and just leave it the way it is and I will be fine?

Yupp just unscrew it and I put in under the back seats for safe keeping and you wont have a problem. Maybe your radio will work just fine also like mine without it! Try it out and see! :thumbsup:

Also if you don't use your onstar remove that antenna also! No reason for that random one there you know

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
Mine has been off for about a week and I'm getting perfect reception. Who know maybe we have a lot hillbillies around here that need that extra antenna length to pick up there stations lol :smile:

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:
Mine has been off for about a week and I'm getting perfect reception. Who know maybe we have a lot hillbillies around here that need that extra antenna length to pick up there stations lol :smile:

:rotfl::rotfl: The way I see it, who uses the radio now lol CD or iPod or dont use it :raspberry: :cool:

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
STLtrailbSS said:

Lol...

elballz12

Original poster
Jan 23, 2012
I just took it off and my iPod still works and that is pretty much the only thing I listen to. I just put in under the back seat as you mentioned so when I do need it I still have it handy :thumbsup: :thankyou:

STLtrailbSS

Dec 4, 2011
elballz12 said:
I just took it off and my iPod still works and that is pretty much the only thing I listen to. I just put in under the back seat as you mentioned so when I do need it I still have it handy :thumbsup: :thankyou:

2minute mod :thumbsup: PROGRESS lol

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online