Mistaken Identity...Kind of a rant lol

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
I have had Phantom for 4 months now, and it seems like EVERYDAY someone has to call him a trailblazer.

Don't get me wrong now, I love trailblazers, in fact that's the truck that I originally fell in love with. And I am still hell bent to add one to the family soon. However...I love my ENVOY! And I get so pissy when someone comments on it and calls it a TB. "Your trailblazer is kick ass" "Your trailblazer doesn't look like a trailblazer" Really? I thought I got pissy when my ex mother in law called the envoy a freaking van, oh no....It's much worse when it's called a trailblazer.

I have been half tempted to put my badges back on just for the sake of stupid people. I mean I have GMC still on my grille, GMC doesn't make a flippin trailblazer people! The worse part is when these people "know" their trucks. I know my trucks and THAT is not an envoy it's a trailblazer, I actually was told that by 2 people. Cops can't even get it right. I had to pick a friend up because she was pulled over for drinking and driving, and the cop asked her if her friend drives a trailblazer...she said no. So the cop comments on why the hell is this trailblazer here to get you then, she said...because it's an Envoy not a trailblazer, and it's pretty pathetic that a drunk can tell the difference but a Sheriff can't. And she was so right!

The other thing that get's me, is that my siblings, friends and other people think I am rich because I drive a truck that USED to cost 30k+ when new. Dude it was bought used, and NO WHERE near the price of what it would have been brand new...for crying out loud it's a 2003!!!

Has anyone else had this issue? I was e-mailed on facebook by my sister whom I haven't spoken to for centuries lol said that I looked great, and it must be nice being apart of the rich population. Rich??? Really??? Quit hatin lol

These people need to go kick rocks haha!

TollKeeper

Supporting Donor
Dec 3, 2011
Brighton, CO
Thats a Voy?? This whole time I thought you had an Isuzu!! :raspberry:

The_Roadie

Lifetime VIP Donor
Nov 19, 2011
Portland, OR
You debadged it to disguise what it was so the cops would give you tickets you could dispute, didn't ya? :biggrin:

Law of unintended consequences. :raspberry:

Seriously, you know how dumb the average person is? Well (by definition) half of them are stupider than THAT. :rotfl:

davenay67

Jan 16, 2012
Voymom said:
Has anyone else had this issue?

Yeah, ours gets called a TrailBlazer all the time. Oh wait, it is a TrailBlazer. :wink:

Seriously though, what are the differences between a GMC and a Chevy on this platform..??

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
My wife calls mine the big truck.

I get asked what it is more than having someone call it something wrong.

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Voymom said:
I thought I got pissy when my ex mother in law called the envoy a freaking van, oh no....It's much worse when it's called a trailblazer.
Seriously? You'd rather someone call your Voy a van than a Trailblazer? :confused: :crazy:

Uncle Blazer

Dec 8, 2011
the roadie said:
Seriously, you know how dumb the average person is? Well (by definition) half of them are stupider than THAT. :rotfl:

Just what I needed to kick start my morning. Thanks Roadie.

TrailBlazerMom,
Sorry for other people's confustion. Take solice in knowing that you are smarter than most. Just give them a smile and say "Well arent you cute" in a way that they arent sure what you mean. :raspberry:

DocBrown

Dec 8, 2011
Much better mistaking it as another GM. People call my HHR a PT Cruiser all the time. They think its the "new" PT Cruiser. :no:

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Voymom said:
I mean I have GMC still on my grille, GMC doesn't make a flippin trailblazer people!..

Technicallyyy!!!!! Genral motors company does make the Trailblazer :raspberry: :rotfl: Alright i apologize, that was my smart ass comment for the day. :biggrin:

But i know what you mean, i have an EXT as well, i had somone say its the next thing to a van.. Needless to say, We got into a nice argument anbout it. And my "Van" Ended up beating the shit outta his nissan altima In a 30- 110 mph race :wootwoot: :cool:

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
BO TIE SS said:
Seriously? You'd rather someone call your Voy a van than a Trailblazer? :confused: :crazy:

I don't get that either... I'd be choked if someone called Canyonaro a "van"... ewwwww... mind you, I drove a Caravan for ages - when the kids were small and I needed the massive amounts of space they had...

Uncle Blazer said:

TrailBlazerMom,
Sorry for other people's confustion. Take solice in knowing that you are smarter than most. Just give them a smile and say "Well arent you cute" in a way that they arent sure what you mean. :raspberry:

Now that's just funny!! Actually, I think "BlazerMom" is more in line tho... :wink:

Canadian Mike

Dec 3, 2011
Voymom said:
I have had Phantom for 4 months now, and it seems like EVERYDAY someone has to call him a trailblazer.

The other thing that get's me, is that my siblings, friends and other people think I am rich because I drive a truck that USED to cost 30k+ when new. Dude it was bought used, and NO WHERE near the price of what it would have been brand new...for crying out loud it's a 2003!!!

:iagree:

Phantom? There's your problem! :tongue: Are we talking about a ghost suv?

jrSS

Dec 4, 2011
Who gives a shit what people think . All u need to care about is you and what ur "hubby" thinks..... by the way since ur rich I need a loan. Lol.

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
BO TIE SS said:

No, I'd rather it not be called a van either, but I have only heard it called that once...so it's not as repetitive and annoying as it being called a TB on a daily basis.

Uncle Blazer said:

TrailBlazerMom,

The middle finger works just as well lol And I don't mind being called Trailblazermom or blazermom, as we will soon be adopting one into the family anyways. Then I can show people the difference between the two trucks.

silvernclean said:
Who gives a shit what people think . All u need to care about is you and what ur "hubby" thinks..... by the way since ur rich I need a loan. Lol.
I don't really care what they think, but it is annoying when it's done everyday. As far as a loan....I need one of them too lmao

Wex

Dec 4, 2011
I always wanted to fully debadge my liftgate and replace it with Ford El Camino just to see if anyone notices. Yeah, its a bad idea.

stormsurge

Jan 29, 2012
Could be worse. Peaple could be laughing at you for putting SS emblems on a trailblazer. Everyone knows they dont make a SS trailblazer. Happens once a week.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
That's ok, a lot of people ask me if my Camaro is FWD :duh:

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
At least they don't ask "Is that a V6 in your Trailblazer?" :rotfl:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
Mooseman said:

Actually I get that a lot lol. In fact my dad told me as we were looking to by a TB/Envoy that GM/Chevy quit making the I6 in 2000 and that I was full of shit thinking that the TB's and Voy's had an I6. He said it was a different Inline engine....can't remember if he called it a I4 or I5 lol

I proved him wrong, and still rub it in his face every chance I get :wootwoot:

blazinlow89

Jan 25, 2012
Mine has been called many things, mostly involving the forsaken 3 letter word.

Doesnt bother me as my "van" has more balls than some of their full size pickups, better MPG and it looks a hell of alot better.

Wooluf1952

Nov 20, 2011
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
stormsurge said:
Could be worse. Peaple could be laughing at you for putting SS emblems on a trailblazer. Everyone knows they dont make a SS trailblazer. Happens once a week.

Voymom said:
Actually I get that a lot lol. In fact my dad told me as we were looking to by a TB/Envoy that GM/Chevy quit making the I6 in 2000 and that I was full of shit thinking that the TB's and Voy's had an I6. He said it was a different Inline engine....can't remember if he called it a I4 or I5 lol

I proved him wrong, and still rub it in his face every chance I get :wootwoot:

Sounds like a great way to make money on bar bets. :rotfl:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Mooseman said:

I had the two desk monkeys and the shift manager argue with me that my Envoy had a V6 engine and not an I6. I literally had to take them outside and open the hood to prove it to them. Needless to say, I don't go there and more.

on topic with original post:

I have not made matters any better for myself because I am running full size Chevy rims with the bow tie on the center caps. I do get the Trailblazer comment all the time though. In fact last year at the 4 Wheel Jamboree as I was making the trip around the circle I had everyone asking if it was a Trailblazer. It got to the point that any time someone would even look at it the folks that were riding with me would yell out "It's an Envoy" before they could even open their mouth!

03TB93

Mar 25, 2012
Regulator said:
I had the two desk monkeys and the shift manager argue with me that my Envoy had a V6 engine and not an I6. I literally had to take them outside and open the hood to prove it to them. Needless to say, I don't go there and more.

on topic with original post:

I have not made matters any better for myself because I am running full size Chevy rims with the bow tie on the center caps. I do get the Trailblazer comment all the time though. In fact last year at the 4 Wheel Jamboree as I was making the trip around the circle I had everyone asking if it was a Trailblazer. It got to the point that any time someone would even look at it the folks that were riding with me would yell out "It's an Envoy" before they could even open their mouth!

Honestly man, for the longest time i thought you had a TB just by looking at Your picture under your name lol:duh: I think i looked at your pics one day and i was like,, oh dam lol :redface: Love the VOY tho :thumbsup:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Just put SOME of your letters back on truck, "ENVY", this is what they really mean by calling it a TB! They are just jealous!:yes:

navigator

Dec 3, 2011
I guess it is really no different than many folks calling a Yukon a Tahoe or a Yukon XL a Suburban or a Sierra a Silverado. Most GM vehicles get the Chevy name in casual conversation. Just be glad they don't call it an Explorer or something.

My youngest son ( who is 4 now) called my TB "dad's jeep" for awhile :smile:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Oddly enough the guy at the tux place this weekend remembered my truck from a semi-local jeep forum and told me "I remember that hood stripe, that is a nice Jimmy." He did call it a Trailblazer later in the conversation, but I just let the first comment slide on by.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Lol funny you say this. I have had a couple of people call my voy a tb also lol it's like umm ok!!! I'm sure those are the people that call BMW an Audi and an Audi a BMW :squint::weird:

Voymom

Original poster
Feb 3, 2012
ItsOnVoy said:
Lol funny you say this. I have had a couple of people call my voy a tb also lol it's like umm ok!!! I'm sure those are the people that call BMW an Audi and an Audi a BMW :squint::weird:

I mean, I know that technically they are the same vehicles, with a little different appearance, BUT it's just super annoying when all these people are supposed hardcore car people. It get's even worse when a dealership mechanic call's it an expedition :lipsrsealed:

Now that right there was offensive. I would NEVER drive, own or be caught dead in a FORD.

CdnGMan

Nov 22, 2011
Toronto
Voymom said:
I mean, I know that technically they are the same vehicles, with a little different appearance, BUT it's just super annoying when all these people are supposed hardcore car people. It get's even worse when a dealership mechanic call's it an expedition :lipsrsealed:

Now that right there was offensive. I would NEVER drive, own or be caught dead in a FORD.

Whoa... that mechanic should've been fired on the spot! Geeeez...
Some people's children... :no:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
That's a sweet Town and Country. Is it a Limited?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Voymom said:

The tb and voy look way different i don't what there smoking lol it's the engine that's the same...

Are you sure he was a mechanic? Lol :no:

Biff85ta

Jun 4, 2012
You might as well get used to it. I have had my Trans Ams every last one of them (I have had eight of them)has been reffered to as a camaro at one point or another and my 87 monte got called a cutlass more than once. When you own a gm product people mistake it for its cousins.

big ed

Nov 18, 2011
being debadged and with 3 light (chevy looking) altezza's tail lights, I get this all the time too. kind of bothers me but I let it slide, I correct some people and some I just say (what ever to myself), comes with the territory of being debadged. I get my pleasure by those who don't know what it is, walk around it 3 time's with the WTF face, then finally ask (what kind of truck is this?) :wink:

Jkust

Dec 4, 2011
Non-enthusiasts know so little about care it is amazing. I've had many comments from people thinking my 9-7 and my Rainier are actually new cars. Think about that, they are based off of what... a design conceived around 2000 or so. Maybe the 9-7 could look like a newer design from the front if you are squinting and because you've never seen one before. Given that, I can see how the distinction between the TB and the Envoy could be missed.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher