Missing Bolt for My Radiator Fan

dclark369

Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
Tulsa, OK
It would appear that one of the bolts holding my fan onto the radiator has decided that it would rather enjoy its freedom. While I commend its spirit, I still need a bolt to keep my fan firmly attached. I have been looking for said bolt on parts sites with no luck. I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of where I might be able to find an OEM replacement. If I have to I could always just go to the hardware store, unscrew the other bolt, take it in and say "I need one of these". But I would rather find the exact same bolt to replace it with. Plus, the last time I went to the hardware store and asked for a rust proof bolt, I was sold something that was covered in rust in a matter of days. If anyone knows where I could get one I would be very greatful.

Reactions: rchalmers3

flyboy2610

Aug 24, 2021
Lincoln, Ne.
I think the hardware store is your best bet. Maybe get two stainless steel bolts if they have them.

dclark369

Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
Tulsa, OK
That's what I thought I would have to do. I was just hoping to be able to get the original bolts since they are used for several things in the engine compartment and it would slightly bother me having the one out of place bolt.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If you've got any U-pull-it junk yards close by, it should be pretty quick and easy to source a handful of them, and they'd be pretty cheap too. :twocents:

dclark369

Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
Tulsa, OK
That honestly didn't cross my mind, but it should have. I'll have to call around and see what the junk yards have. Thanks for the replies.

dclark369

Original poster
Oct 19, 2021
Tulsa, OK
To clarify, I've converted to an electric fan from Flex-A-Lite with a Auto Cool III fan controller. So I no longer have a fan clutch connected to the water pump. The bolt in question is for the fan shroud.

rchalmers3

Jul 11, 2020
Irmo, SC
I was hoping that someone could point me in the direction of where I might be able to find an OEM replacement. ......I would rather find the exact same bolt to replace it with.
Just like you, I prefer to not mix generic hardware with the OEM stuff!

I have a large selection of bolts and nuts salvaged from multiple Trailblazers. I will send you an exact piece (or pieces) of OEM hardware for just the cost of postage.

Send me a clear photo of what you desire, and the basic characteristics: M6. M8, length in mm) and I will happily send you an OEM replacement bolt. Use the private message on this forum.

Rick

Reactions: aaserv and Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online