mirrors

cretecrawler

Original poster
Jan 11, 2016
Citrus Springs Florida
I just got a replacement 2006 Envoy Denali as my 2002 Envoy SLE was totaled by a lady pulling out in front of me. I have a few toys on this one that were not on my basic unit. One of them is the automatic side mirrors that tilt when you put the vehicle in reverse. The one on the passenger side will lower and lift back to the proper position but it does not move smoothly. The one on the driver's side will move down but will not move back up automatically, it can be raised by the inside switch though.

wstuckey1

Apr 11, 2018
Fenton MI
I have these mirrors on my TB, they do essentially the same thing. Not sure what's going on so I just turned off that feature.

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Mine periodically do the same thing, and I just exercise them...run them to the limits of travel up/down and side to side. That usually gets them back to correct behavior for awhile. There's a post on lubricating the mirror somewhere around here. If I can locate it I'll post a link later.

Cheers-

Chris

christo829

Dec 7, 2011
Fairfax, Virginia
Sorry I haven't been able to track down that article. When I get back from the weekend I'll see if I can at least look up disassembly. That might give you some spots to hit with silicone release or teflon spray and loosen it up a bit, so the motor doesn't have to fight as much to get to where the position detectors tell it it should be.

Cheers-

Chris

Reactions: wstuckey1

Blackstar

Aug 2, 2014
I bought my '02 Envoy SLT back in '05 when it had under 60,000 and some warranty. From day one the outside rear view mirrors hunted when shifted to reverse. Took the suv in for an oil change and check for recalls/bulletins, etc and these mirrors came up but the tech said most all of them were doing this and that GM hadn't found a cure for it. I just shut off the feature.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ramzo358

Members Online