Mirror memory

Superdave62

Original poster
Jan 1, 2019
Kings Mountain NC
I have a 2004 Trailblazer LT with power mirrors. Sometimes when I unlock the doors with the remote it decides to change the mirror position, it happens more with the drivers side but sometimes with the passenger side. I have both the memory presets set in the same position and it will do it with either remote. Is the memory position stored in the mirror or is it in the BCM, Both mirrors are aftermarket so I'm assuming it's a mirror problem would just like to make sure before I replace the mirrors with GM parts. It has the turn signal indicators in them if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance for any help.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
The wandering mirror issue has been known for a long time. IIRC, it's in the BCM. The easiest way to fix it is to turn off the Seat Position Recall, Tilt Mirror in Reverse and Easy Exit Seat. Maybe not what you want to hear, but unless you want to take it to a dealer and have them chase down the BCM, that's the way it is.

Reactions: Superdave62

Superdave62

Original poster
Jan 1, 2019
Kings Mountain NC
Thanks Matt, The Seat Position Recall is the only one of those that is turned on and I am the only one that ever drives it anyway so it won't be any problem. If that ever changes I guess I will chase down the BCM problem then. Thanks again!!

Reactions: Matt

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
06_4.2_4x4_ls

Members Online