DEAL Mirror LED Inserts

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
2 Sets White (Front & Rear)
2 Sets Amber (Front & Rear)
2 Sets Amber (Front) Red (Rear)

$50 a set as a PayPal gift or $52 a set as a payment. Shipping included for the lower 48, for Canada $65 as a gift or $67 as a payment.

PM me what color you want, even if it's not listed.

Reactions: dmanns67 and Sib

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
My inserts wern't plug n play with my eBay replicas. It wasn't on Chris' end rather the mirrors had a regular rubber 194 socket that the OEM mirrors don't have. I decided to strip the green and white wires on the mirrors themselves and crimp them to Chris' wires. Overall, it was a fairly easy instal with my only hicup being the wires not being plug n play.
Thanks again, Chris!!

Attachments

• 20160206_125825_010.jpg
    20160206_125825_010.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20160206_130418.jpg
    20160206_130418.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20160206_143107.jpg
    20160206_143107.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 37

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
My inserts wern't plug n play with my eBay replicas. It wasn't on Chris' end rather the mirrors had a regular rubber 194 socket that the OEM mirrors don't have. I decided to strip the green and white wires on the mirrors themselves and crimp them to Chris' wires. Overall, it was a fairly easy instal with my only hicup being the wires not being plug n play.
Thanks again, Chris!!

Where's the pic of the LEDs in action :popcorn:

Reactions: TXBlazer

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Thanks again, Chris!!
Hi, SnowBlazer. My Mirrors are the same as yours and I'm wanting to get the LED Strips as well. Is the white wire the ground wire? And does Chris LED Stripes come with Black & Red wires?

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Hi, SnowBlazer. My Mirrors are the same as yours and I'm wanting to get the LED Strips as well. Is the white wire the ground wire? And does Chris LED Stripes come with Black & Red wires?

Sweet man. I'm loving mine, maybe it's just me but I feel as if people behind me notice me better with them as opposed to not having them at all, especially at night. These inserts are brighter than your 50/50 strip you'd buy at AutoZone.
I digress...

The white wire should be the ground but I can't say for sure as I didn't peel back any of Chris' insulation to see if the wires were twisted around each other. All I could see was where the insulation met the insert. And what you see to the right of my hand are the wires from Chris' inserts that were untouched (wiring wise) by me. So the short answer to your question is yes on both accounts.

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
2 Sets White (Front & Rear)
1 Set Amber (Front & Rear)
2 Sets White (Front) Red (Rear)

$50 a set as a PayPal gift or $52 a set as a payment. Shipping included for the lower 48, for Canada $65 as a gift or $67 as a payment.

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Sweet man. I'm loving mine, maybe it's just me but I feel as if people behind me notice me better with them as opposed to not having them at all, especially at night. These inserts are brighter than your 50/50 strip you'd buy at AutoZone.
I digress...

The white wire should be the ground but I can't say for sure as I didn't peel back any of Chris' insulation to see if the wires were twisted around each other. All I could see was where the insulation met the insert. And what you see to the right of my hand are the wires from Chris' inserts that were untouched (wiring wise) by me. So the short answer to your question is yes on both accounts.
Ok, i just didn't want to wire it up backwards and short-out or blow anything in the electrical system. Thanks for the info.

SnowBlazer

Jun 9, 2014
Colorado Springs
Ok, i just didn't want to wire it up backwards and short-out or blow anything in the electrical system. Thanks for the info.
Anytime, bud. :tiphat:
Before you crimp or solder, make sure the polarity is correct. You can do this easily by twisting the wires together. If you do happen to reverse the polarity, it won't do anything more than pop a fuse, worst case scenario.

Reactions: RTTBLT1

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Is the white wire the ground wire?

White is turn signal, green is ground.

Also, if you wire up LEDs with reversed polarity, you will not blow any fuses because the LEDs will not light up, as current can't pass through them in reverse.

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Just put in my order for a set in White for my Amber Lens. Still trying to get my hands on the Clear Lens type/style and when I do I'll probably be ordering another set. I had some concerns before ordering and ibprobably made his ears bleed but he had no problem answering/helping. I will post pics after i receive and install. Thanks Chris.

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Hey, everyone. Like I was telling Chris, I'm thinking about doing like some with Wheels/Rims (Winter/Summer Sets) and run Amber in the Fall/Winter and the Clear Lens in the Spring/Summer with both equipped with his Inserts....also has anyone tried to add an additional Insert (or template) to the end of the Lens above the clearing?...for a Bowtie Logo or SS Emblem to light up on the ground beneath it while the Turn Signal flashes?

djthumper

Administrator
Nov 20, 2011
North Las Vegas
Anything can be done, it just depends on how much time and money you want to throw at it.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
People have done puddle lights in the mirrors, but I think the logo lights have only been done on the doors, or under the rocker panels that I know of. I think the logo lights might be a little too tall to fit inside the lenses without some serious modding.

Reactions: SnowBlazer

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
1 Set White (Front & Rear)

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
So I got the LED Inserts installed :dance:, these first 2 pics are what I started with.....
1455895502080.jpg
1455913549775.jpg
And the next 3 are the ending result, I placed quick connectors on everything.
1455847959145.jpg
1455852535065.jpg
1455912549647.jpg
The LED Inserts was a breeze to install, removal/install of the Mirrors Covers and the Amber Lens took the majority of the time/install. I will post pics of them in action/operating as soon as possible.

dmanns67

Apr 3, 2013
Ohio
So I got the LED Inserts installed :dance:, these first 2 pics are what I started with.....
View attachment 74446
View attachment 74447
And the next 3 are the ending result, I placed quick connectors on everything.
View attachment 74448
View attachment 74449
View attachment 74450
The LED Inserts was a breeze to install, removal/install of the Mirrors Covers and the Amber Lens took the majority of the time/install. I will post pics of them in action/operating as soon as possible.

Did you modify your dust cap to fit or just scrap it?

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Did you modify your dust cap to fit or just scrap it?
Hello dmanns67, if you are referring to the factory Black Insert and Chrome Deflector I popped them out and keep them. TXBLAZER'S Inserts design would require approximately 2 inches of standing water in the Lens before it would come into contact with the Inserts so it wasn't a concern for me. Plus that end of the Lens is flush against the Mirror Body/Housing.

Reactions: fj4072

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
1 Set Amber (Front) Red (Rear)

RTTBLT1

Jan 25, 2016
Louisburg, KS
Said I would post pictures so here I am...getting these was harder than I thought it would be and there not the best but I will eventually post a Video of them in use/operating under Member Builds section
1456110280795.jpg
1456110157151.jpg
1456110280710.jpg
They are pretty BRIGHT compared to the factory setup. I maybe wishing I went with the Amber (Front & Rear) Color instead of the White Color. Even with the Amber Lens they are super bright and almost admit a White/Clear look when blinking but I will give it a few more miles/days to determine what I think. Thanks

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA

TXBlazer

Original poster
Nov 21, 2011
Cypress, TEXAS USA
1 Set Red (Front & Rear)
3 Sets Amber (Front & Rear)

swede

Jun 22, 2014
Question:
Would it be possible to make them like this, add an extra wire that connects to park light and when park lights are on the LED's are on with let say between 10-20% capacity so it wont blind the driver?
Turn on turn signal and they are in full operation.

Similar to a 5/21 watt bulb if you know what i mean?

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
Question:

what you would want to do is buy an adjustable PWM module. You can get them on ebay, amazon, etc. Tap into the trailer parking light wire in the bundle of wires running just above the brake pedal.

Run a connection from the trailer parking light into the PWM module, split the output, and run a line to each door. Using diodes to prevent feedback, splice the parking light signal into the positive source for the LED strips.

Turn on the parking lights, then adjust the PWM module until the LEDs are at a comfortable brightness level. Then sit back and enjoy.

Reactions: Sib

swede

Jun 22, 2014
what you would want to do is buy an adjustable PWM module. You can get them on ebay, amazon, etc. Tap into the trailer parking light wire in the bundle of wires running just above the brake pedal.

Run a connection from the trailer parking light into the PWM module, split the output, and run a line to each door. Using diodes to prevent feedback, splice the parking light signal into the positive source for the LED strips.

Turn on the parking lights, then adjust the PWM module until the LEDs are at a comfortable brightness level. Then sit back and enjoy.

Yeah I get it but I'm old and lazy so it would be more convenient for me to have it already built in the set :thankyou:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online