Minor Trip Report: 6-27-15 Haspin Acres Laurel, Indiana

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Late friday a couple buddies talked me into going to Haspin the next morning with them for a shakedown-get some mud on em- adventure. My rig and a pair of TJ's on 33s. We picked up a beater beercan for most of run as well. Some guys from KY that asked to tag along since they had not been there.

Park was a sloppy muddy mess from weeks of rain. Not my cup of tea, but it was a good time for a few hours and being only 20 miles from home. Did not get many pictures cause stopping and getting out sucked with inches of mud literally everywhere. Had one of the closest calls yet on a nasty downhill off-chamber washout we had to finish once on. Brakes made you go faster and gears and low range were the saving grace. Somehow skimmed by a tree that folded in the mirror n just missed the body by millimeters. Worst feeling was know there was absolutely nothing to be done but hold on and home the truck settled right. Did several muddy hill climbs that were fun.

Well here are the few pics I actually got there and a couple of the muddy aftermath.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
If I was into mudding/wheeling, I would be particularly happy to have a rig with doors and windows during a trip like that. :yes:

Good pics! :thumbsup:

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Windows are nice in the flats, but I always have em down on the trails and the dash n vents got muddy again. Oh well.

HARDTRAILZ

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
http://www.haspinacres.com/about.php

They got a lil flat drag strip and couple motocross tracks. Trails kinda surrounding that whole thing. We stayed in one basic section and there are a couple others as well. Also have camping and couple ponds. It is better than when I used to go, but it is still a place you lock up everything and drunk rednecks run wild at night.

We did this out and back along outer basically.
[/quote]

stickypoop

Oct 14, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
http://www.haspinacres.com/about.php

They got a lil flat drag strip and couple motocross tracks. Trails kinda surrounding that whole thing. We stayed in one basic section and there are a couple others as well. Also have camping and couple ponds. It is better than when I used to go, but it is still a place you lock up everything and drunk rednecks run wild at night.

We did this out and back along outer basically.

[/QUOTE]
I wish we had spots like that around here!

Reactions: HARDTRAILZ

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.