Midwest / near chicago Ill meet june 1st.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Short Bus said:
I wouldn't go to Chicago unarmed, they would never know if I didn't need to protect myself or my family.

Unless you get pulled over or someone sees n calls you in...if you need a gun...carry but don't bitch about the consequences. I can survive without knowingly breaking established law.

- - - Updated - - -

Short Bus said:
I wouldn't go to Chicago unarmed, they would never know if I didn't need to protect myself or my family.

Unless you get pulled over or someone sees n calls you in...if you need a gun...carry but don't bitch about the consequences. I can survive without knowingly breaking established law.

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
HARDTRAILZ said:

I agree in most cases, but I carry for the time that may not be true. If someone sees, you need a better method of carry.

agon3279

Jan 1, 2013
Short Bus said:
I agree in most cases, but I carry for the time that may not be true. If someone sees, you need a better method of carry.

Here is the thing. If you guys plan on going downtown Chicago, then you have nothing to worry about. Where the meet is planned is a very safe and secure area. The best places are the south west, and western suburbs. I've been living around that area for a long time and I do have to say that there is not a whole lot to worry about. But, if it makes you feel more secure, just make sure that its unloaded, the magazine and firearm are separate, and in a locked container, out of reach.

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Getting pulled over wouldn't matter either, unless they ask. If they don't ask, you do't have to tell them.

I don't plan on carrying to the meet, just because there is safety in numbers. Had I been going for something else entirely different, then I would.

redleg6

Apr 10, 2012
Voymom said:
Had I been going for something else entirely different, then I would.

like St Louis or Kansas City?

lol

Short Bus

Dec 2, 2011
agon3279 said:
Here is the thing. If you guys plan on going downtown Chicago, then you have nothing to worry about. Where the meet is planned is a very safe and secure area. The best places are the south west, and western suburbs. I've been living around that area for a long time and I do have to say that there is not a whole lot to worry about. But, if it makes you feel more secure, just make sure that its unloaded, the magazine and firearm are separate, and in a locked container, out of reach.

It wouldn't be of any use if needed that way!!! The best place for a defensive firearm is in a holster, fully loaded with 1 in the pipe. In a SHTF situation you won't have time to get to your case unlock it and load your weapon.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
45 days!!

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
wow, :crazy: what happened to this thread.
went from who's bringing what, to-
who's going to get drunk and how, to-
a conceal carry debate

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
fletch09 said:
wow, :crazy: what happened to this thread.
went from who's bringing what, to-
who's going to get drunk and how, to-
a conceal carry debate

Exactly...no back to your regularly scheduled program. :raspberry:

Who's bringing what?? :biggrin:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
What is needed still?

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I'm not sure which site we are meeting at as there was talking about moving it down the road to a different site. Most of them do have a grill, but I do not recommend using them. If I had a gas grill i would be more then happy to bring it. Hell even my char grill got destroyed this last year.

So does any other local members have a gas grill (I know it doesnt taste as good as charcoal. but its just faster and easier.)?

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
WhiteTB said:
Ive been to plenty of meets. This isn't my first rodeo my friend. I'll be alright:thumbsup:
did he say that you havent been to a meet??? lol,, id say we have been going to meets since when,,,around 2007ish i think...YA,, THERES A GROUP OF US THAT HAVE BEEN TO PLEEEENTY OF MEETS! :thumbsup:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Somebody's gotta have a grill or the hamburgers and brats I'll bring will be eaten RAW! :yikes:

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
I have a small charcoal grill I can bring.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I hauled my old grill up for the one meet, but mine is too big to do that again. I have two smaller camping LP grills I could bring.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
I'm looking at spring sales cause I do need a new grill. But dont have 300 to spend on a grill right now

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
HARDTRAILZ said:
I hauled my old grill up for the one meet, but mine is too big to do that again. I have two smaller camping LP grills I could bring.

Considering most of us are traveling, LP grills might be the best bet. I can bring one.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well I just tried getting our room (jeff and myself), and first I was talking a guy that didn't understand f*****g English, so that pissed me off... then he gave me a quote of $74.99 per night :eek::eek:

screw that... I told him to cancel and I'll just sign up online or talk to someone else that can understand me... :hissyfit:

edit: I just went on Super8.com and sure enough... $59 a night... so our room is reserved... chit just got real son!!! :wootwoot:

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Woo Hoo!

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Sleepy just bought a new gas grill. I'm trying to get him to bring it. So no one needs to be on expressway with grill hanging off the back.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hatchet said:
Sleepy just bought a new gas grill. I'm trying to get him to bring it. So no one needs to be on expressway with grill hanging off the back.

It did not bother me to do that since it blocked my plate and I just slipped through the ipass lanes. Saved me in tolls....:biggrin::raspberry::biggrin:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
I made the trip to Michigan with mine last year. It survived the trip, but it has a whole lot of wobble to it now even after tightening everything down again.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Regulator said:
I made the trip to Michigan with mine last year. It survived the trip, but it has a whole lot of wobble to it now even after tightening everything down again.

And it did a mighty fine job cookin all that food.. errr I mean you did :raspberry:

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
I hate to say it, but Mat and I are having to once again drop out of this one...My oldest son is going to need braces and at over $3k, the trip is going to have to take a backseat, family, especially the kids have to come first.

We MIGHT be able to drive out early Saturday and stay until late Saturday night and drive back home, but we'll see.

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
Updated list...

1. Ms SilverBullet
2. Big ed
3. Regulator
4. WhiteTB
5. Wishbone
6. Sleepy_Jr
7. jrSS - (Fri, Sat, and Sun)
8. Matt - (Fri, Sat and Sun) Apple pie, ketchup, mustard, dill pickle slices and cheese
9. Hatchet (Fri, Sat, Sun) Chips and package of dogs.
10. fletch09 (sat only).....couple cases of bottled water & bev.'s prob. prohibited @ forest preserves
11. Voymom(Cupcakes, Brownies, if anything else is needed hit me or Phantom up in PM)
12. Phantom
13. Sparky - burger patties
14. Boricua SS (Fri, Sat, and Sun) forks & knives, spoons, napkins, and I can bring hamburger buns (seeded or unseeded) if burgers are gonna be grilled
15. ChevyTBLover
16. jayd1563
17. tblazerdude (going to try)
18. High voltage (maybe)
19. Black Beast (maybe)
20. LMMJ (maybe)
21. GreatWhiteHype (maybe)
22. HARDTRAILZ
23. Rafael
24. Don
25. Chief
26. Hotness
27. Grim - Jello shots and misc grill stuff
28. agon3279
29. ErikSS

Voymom

Feb 3, 2012
Hotness said:
Updated list...

1. Ms SilverBullet
2. Big ed
3. Regulator
4. WhiteTB
5. Wishbone
6. Sleepy_Jr
7. jrSS - (Fri, Sat, and Sun)
8. Matt - (Fri, Sat and Sun) Apple pie, ketchup, mustard, dill pickle slices and cheese
9. Hatchet (Fri, Sat, Sun) Chips and package of dogs.
10. fletch09 (sat only).....couple cases of bottled water & bev.'s prob. prohibited @ forest preserves
11. Voymom(Sat only is a maybe)
12. Phantom(Sat only is a maybe)
13. Sparky - burger patties
14. Boricua SS (Fri, Sat, and Sun) forks & knives, spoons, napkins, and I can bring hamburger buns (seeded or unseeded) if burgers are gonna be grilled
15. ChevyTBLover
16. jayd1563
17. tblazerdude (going to try)
18. High voltage (maybe)
19. Black Beast (maybe)
20. LMMJ (maybe)
21. GreatWhiteHype (maybe)
22. HARDTRAILZ
23. Rafael
24. Don
25. Chief
26. Hotness
27. Grim - Jello shots and misc grill stuff
28. agon3279
29. ErikSS

Updated for Mat and I

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
Gettin close! Just confirmed that i dont have to call in that day (swapped shifts)

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Guess I need to confirm if the family is coming so I can figure out if I need a room or just sleep in the truck like normal.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
was out making deliveries to IN today, was coming back I-294 and thought i'd cruise by the "Cranberry Slough"
HOUSTON (BIG ED) WE HAVE A PROBLEM !
the entrance to the cranberry is a walking/biking/ horse trail, complete w/ road apples.
down the road about a 1/4 mile (west) is the entrance to COUNTRY LANE WOODS (on south side of rd)
decent place, one pavillion, room for 30 vehicles in front of pavillion, plus other places to park.
i did find another place close by called CROOKED CREEK WOODS.
it is about a mile south of 95th st, on lagrange rd/ rt45, about a 1/4 mile north of 107th st.
can only enter if heading north on la grange. if coming south from 95th st, there is a sign that says to pull a U @ 107th.
this place had a long entrance, has 2 separate pavillions, w/ parking in front of both. i would say about double the size of
COUNTRY LAKE WOODS.
neither palce has a lake or pond. there are no public grills to use.
i took a few pics of COUNTRY LANE WOODS. CROOKED CREEK'S pavillions look the same.
pic 1 = entrance to CRANBERRY SLOUGH
pic 2 = entrance sign to COUNTRY LANE WOODS
pic 3 = looking at pavillion from a circular drive
pic 4 = closer pic of pavillion
pic 5 = closer look @ parking in front of pavillion, can park on both sides of drive
pic 6 = rules posted @ CROOKED CREEK. i think they are all the same for all cook co preserves.
note: no glass containers and alcohol is permitted as long as you are more than 50ft from parking.

Attachments

• cranberry slough 006.jpg
    cranberry slough 006.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 10
  • cranberry slough 004.jpg
    cranberry slough 004.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 10
  • cranberry slough 001.jpg
    cranberry slough 001.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 10
  • cranberry slough 002.jpg
    cranberry slough 002.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 10
  • cranberry slough 003.jpg
    cranberry slough 003.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 9
  • cranberry slough 007.jpg
    cranberry slough 007.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 10

Grimor

Mar 28, 2013
fletch09 said:
was out making deliveries to IN today, was coming back I-294 and thought i'd cruise by the "Cranberry Slough"
HOUSTON (BIG ED) WE HAVE A PROBLEM !
the entrance to the cranberry is a walking/biking/ horse trail, complete w/ road apples.
down the road about a 1/4 mile (west) is the entrance to COUNTRY LANE WOODS (on south side of rd)
decent place, one pavillion, room for 30 vehicles in front of pavillion, plus other places to park.
i did find another place close by called CROOKED CREEK WOODS.
it is about a mile south of 95th st, on lagrange rd/ rt45, about a 1/4 mile north of 107th st.
can only enter if heading north on la grange. if coming south from 95th st, there is a sign that says to pull a U @ 107th.
this place had a long entrance, has 2 separate pavillions, w/ parking in front of both. i would say about double the size of
COUNTRY LAKE WOODS.
neither palce has a lake or pond. there are no public grills to use.
i took a few pics of COUNTRY LANE WOODS. CROOKED CREEK'S pavillions look the same.
pic 1 = entrance to CRANBERRY SLOUGH
pic 2 = entrance sign to COUNTRY LANE WOODS
pic 3 = looking at pavillion from a circular drive
pic 4 = closer pic of pavillion
pic 5 = closer look @ parking in front of pavillion, can park on both sides of drive
pic 6 = rules posted @ CROOKED CREEK. i think they are all the same for all cook co preserves.
note: no glass containers and alcohol is permitted as long as you are more than 50ft from parking.
Permits required for groups of 25 or more

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Good thing you went and checked it out!

Hm, I'm just an outsider, so, tell me what to do and I'll go wherever :biggrin:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Grimor said:
Permits required for groups of 25 or more

BIG Ed may have to look into that, once a new place is picked.
or just say f*** it and say we didn't know.
BIG ED knows how to handle the cops. :raspberry:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
I'll just be following everyone or anyone from the hotel on Saturday morning :rotfl:

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Ill talk to my buddy today about getting a permit if needed. His wife works for forst perserve. But I will need to know what one. Ill see what I can find out today.

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
:twocents:
it's BIG ED's call.
but after seeing both places, i would opt for CROOKED CREEK WOODS.
bigger place, 2 pavillions to choose from, farther off the the main drag.
especially if Sleepy(martin) and WhiteTB (anthony) decide to have a sound contest.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Please don't move it too much, my reservation isn't refundable.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jvest

Members Online

No members online now.