Midwest / near chicago Ill meet june 1st.

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
Hatchet said:
Man we got some coming out of the wood work for this meet. Might have to change the name to Reunion...

:yes: sir-re-bob

1. Ms SilverBullet
2. Big ed
3. Regulator
4. WhiteTB
5. Wishbone
6. Sleepy_Jr
7. jrSS
8. Matt
9. Hatchet
10. fletch09 (sat only)
11. Voymom
12. Phantom
13. Sparky
14. wink
15. Boricua SS (maybe, pending having my truck) (is going because Matt will pick me up)
16. ChevyTBLover
17. jayd1563
18. tblazerdude (going to try)
19. High voltage (maybe)
20. Black Beast (maybe)
21. LMMJ (maybe)
22. GreatWhiteHype (maybe)

jayd1563

Nov 18, 2011
just like old times! good to see all you guys popping up again,,i really hope we can all make it!....i like how the newer guys have no clue who half of us are lmao.

DDonnie

Mar 26, 2012
jayd1563 said:
just like old times! good to see all you guys popping up again,,i really hope we can all make it!....i like how the newer guys have no clue who half of us are lmao.

True story, lol

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I knew it wouldn't be a problem but I verified I have the 31st off work.

Is there an actual address to the reserve where we are meeting? My GPS might not like me just telling it to find a nature preserve lol.

Maybe we should start a convoy on the way there. I know I'll be driving near Short Bus for example, and I suspect a few others will also be taking 30W through Indiana.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
1. Ms SilverBullet
2. Big ed
3. Regulator
4. WhiteTB
5. Wishbone
6. Sleepy_Jr
7. jrSS
8. Matt
9. Hatchet
10. fletch09 (sat only)
11. Voymom
12. Phantom
13. Sparky
14. wink
15. Boricua SS (maybe, pending having my truck) (is going because Matt will pick me up)
16. ChevyTBLover
17. jayd1563
19. High voltage (maybe)
20. Black Beast (maybe)
21. LMMJ (maybe)
23. HARDTRAILZ

BO TIE SS

Nov 18, 2011
Sparky said:
My GPS might not like me just telling it to find a nature preserve lol.
Put this in. Should get you to the area... 41.717514, -87.867183

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
damn, we go from the brink of not having this to 23 people signed up :wootwoot::wootwoot:, i have meet some of the "OG" members (columbus meet at Dave n Busters back in 2008, the white envoy with 20" SS wheels(Envoyfan i do believe) was getting something done with brakes or suspension), but it was over 4 years while i was in the market for my SS... so while they wont remember me, i remember them and reading all of their posts on the OS...

who else is down!!!! c'mon GMTN!!! :grouphug:

Denali n DOO

May 22, 2012
Boricua SS said:
damn, we go from the brink of not having this to 23 people signed up :wootwoot::wootwoot:, i have meet some of the "OG" members (columbus meet at Dave n Busters back in 2008, the white envoy with 20" SS wheels(Envoyfan i do believe) was getting something done with brakes or suspension), but it was over 4 years while i was in the market for my SS... so while they wont remember me, i remember them and reading all of their posts on the OS...

who else is down!!!! c'mon GMTN!!! :grouphug:

It didn't seem promising at first, but wow, this meet has grown quickly! I'd love to do a meet in the States and this one would be a great one with all of you guys/gals attending. Oh ya and I wish I could do the 4/20 Hooters meet in DE as well, that sounds like super fun times too. If I saved up some modding money for the Envoy I'd probably get twice as much stuff spending it all in the States. I think I'd become a shopaholic in a weekend. Even the thought of Beer at a reasonable price is so tempting. I wish I had border paperwork to get over there. I don't mind driving 7 hours for a weekend away, especially going somewhere I've never been before and meeting you all.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
BO TIE SS said:
Put this in. Should get you to the area... 41.717514, -87.867183

Awesome, thanks. Why didn't I think of that :crazy:

Denali n DOO said:
It didn't seem promising at first, but wow, this meet has grown quickly! I'd love to do a meet in the States and this one would be a great one with all of you guys/gals attending. Oh ya and I wish I could do the 4/20 Hooters meet in DE as well, that sounds like super fun times too. If I saved up some modding money for the Envoy I'd probably get twice as much stuff spending it all in the States. I think I'd become a shopaholic in a weekend. Even the thought of Beer at a reasonable price is so tempting. I wish I had border paperwork to get over there. I don't mind driving 7 hours for a weekend away, especially going somewhere I've never been before and meeting you all.

You still have 2.5 months, get to it :biggrin:

The trip is going to be a little over 5 hours for me.

I know this is going to sound funny but I've never made reservations at a motel before. I never go anywhere :rotfl: How far ahead can we call to make reservations? I suppose I could just call them and find out, but it is past midnight so they aren't going to be open and I won't remember to call in between projects at work tomorrow more than likely.

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
...... but it is past midnight so they aren't going to be open ....

You do understand the concept of a motel right? I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure they don't close. :raspberry:

fletch09

Nov 20, 2011
Sparky said:
I knew it wouldn't be a problem but I verified I have the 31st off work.

Is there an actual address to the reserve where we are meeting? My GPS might not like me just telling it to find a nature preserve lol.

Maybe we should start a convoy on the way there. I know I'll be driving near Short Bus for example, and I suspect a few others will also be taking 30W through Indiana.

IIRC 30 west thru IN isn't bad, 4 lane divided @ times. Regulator would know best on that.
you are going to want to get to 80/90 in IN(80/94 in IL) RT30 after Merrilville really sucks, lot of stop lights, and after it crosses in to IL, 2 lane and some not so great neighborhoods.
for the guys coming out of OH, MI & IN, i would suggest 80(no toll in IL) to exit 145 in IL (rt45,LaGrange rd) North
OR 80/294 splits in IL, take 294 N (at least 1 toll) to rt 12/20 and go west to rt 45.
for those who like to see it on a map, on a road atlas it's the big forest preserve west of rt 45 between Hickory Hills and Palos Hills. (correct me if i'm wrong ED)
:twocents:

Regulator

Nov 20, 2011
fletch09 said:
IIRC 30 west thru IN isn't bad, 4 lane divided @ times. Regulator would know best on that.
you are going to want to get to 80/90 in IN(80/94 in IL) RT30 after Merrilville really sucks, lot of stop lights, and after it crosses in to IL, 2 lane and some not so great neighborhoods.
for the guys coming out of OH, MI & IN, i would suggest 80(no toll in IL) to exit 145 in IL (rt45,LaGrange rd) North
OR 80/294 splits in IL, take 294 N (at least 1 toll) to rt 12/20 and go west to rt 45.
for those who like to see it on a map, on a road atlas it's the big forest preserve west of rt 45 between Hickory Hills and Palos Hills. (correct me if i'm wrong ED)

Yes, 30 across northern IN is a pretty decent route. You would head north to 80 as you come into Valparaiso and continue as suggested above. Normally I would tell you that I am 2 minutes off of 30 in Warsaw and that I would join your convoy, but I will be dropping south out of MI.

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
We just need DJ, Fedair, rich, and chief. the whole crew would be back then lol.

Hotness

Dec 7, 2011
Sorry I been kinda MIA on the site for a while, but I will be there! I'm only half hour away of course I'll be there. Anybody needs a place to crash I got a spare bedroom, 5 couches, and plenty of floors haha.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Hotness said:
Sorry I been kinda MIA on the site for a while, but I will be there! I'm only half hour away of course I'll be there. Anybody needs a place to crash I got a spare bedroom, 5 couches, and plenty of floors haha.

Might need a place if I dont crash in truck.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Regulator said:
You do understand the concept of a motel right? I may be wrong, but I am pretty sure they don't close. :raspberry:

Uh, yeah, I didn't think that one through :crazy: I guess I meant the front desk.
As I figured I didn't get any time today to make a phone call. Heck, didn't have time to even make all my phone calls for work either.

Hotness said:

Screw the motel, everyone crash on the floors here :rotfl:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
well i will be there... i am getting the beaSSt back tomorrow morning... looooooong story that i dont feel like talking about right now... to sum it up... they (the dealership, including GM, GMPP, and Dahmer) told me to drive the vehicle until it breaks... so a 4th motor has been denied...

i will be spending the night at Jeff's on Thursday, and then we will convoy friday morning to the Hotel... :wootwoot:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Boricua SS said:
well i will be there... i am getting the beaSSt back tomorrow morning... looooooong story that i dont feel like talking about right now... to sum it up... they (the dealership, including GM, GMPP, and Dahmer) told me to drive the vehicle until it breaks... so a 4th motor has been denied...

i will be spending the night at Jeff's on Thursday, and then we will convoy friday morning to the Hotel... :wootwoot:

Well it may not actually break since it is just a balance shaft, so, good excuse to CAM IT :biggrin:

Is everyone meeting at the reserve or the hotel first on Friday?

big ed

Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
fletch09 said:
(correct me if i'm wrong ED)

that sound about right to me..:yes:

Hatchet said:
We just need DJ, Fedair, rich, and chief. the whole crew would be back then lol.

man, your going way back to the future now..:cool:...I wish I still had rich's number, it would be good to see how he is doing. DJ should see this before too long, don't you still have kevin's number, joe?

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Sparky said:
Well it may not actually break since it is just a balance shaft, so, good excuse to CAM IT :biggrin:

Is everyone meeting at the reserve or the hotel first on Friday?

oh a cam was in the plans... but just not now lol...

and Jeff (jrSS) and myself will be at the hotel first on friday... then whatever is planned for the evening we'll be there...

Hatchet

Nov 21, 2011
Yea i'm gunna give Kev a shout out today.

Matt

Dec 2, 2011
Boricua SS said:
and Jeff (jrSS) and myself will be at the hotel first on friday... then whatever is planned for the evening we'll be there...

I'll be there too. I'll probably be getting there about 2.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
:bump:

i know there is more out there that would like to attend the biggest meet of the year for the midwest crew :yes::grouphug:

Sleepy_Jr

Dec 29, 2011
I will add my friend Rafael who remains an a non member of the forum ( or any other) but enjoys to hang out with the Midwest crew and bring along his Envoy XL.

1. Ms SilverBullet
2. Big ed
3. Regulator
4. WhiteTB
5. Wishbone
6. Sleepy_Jr
7. jrSS
8. Matt
9. Hatchet
10. fletch09 (sat only)
11. Voymom
12. Phantom
13. Sparky
14. wink
16. ChevyTBLover
17. jayd1563
19. High voltage (maybe)
20. Black Beast (maybe)
21. LMMJ (maybe)
23. HARDTRAILZ
24. Rafael

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Short Bus said:
I would like to, but I just can't make it this year.

Shucks :frown:

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
i just called and talked to the person at the desk because i had some questions that were not answered based from their website...

they do accept AAA members and offer discounts... and if you call them directly, or go to the Super 8 website, instead of booking the room through expedia and places of the like, you dont have to pay in full up front... you pay when you leave... and if you book your room a certain time in advace, you get the same $59 per night rate that is offered on Expedia... She said the AAA discounts differ every month... and that if i was booking today, it wouldve cost me $53 instead of $59 (hey saving is saving :rotfl:)

just thought i'd give everyone a heads up...

p.s. here is the number i called in case others have questions, or just wanna hear things for themselves...
(630) 789 - 6300

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Boricua SS said:
i just called and talked to the person at the desk because i had some questions that were not answered based from their website...

they do accept AAA members and offer discounts... and if you call them directly, or go to the Super 8 website, instead of booking the room through expedia and places of the like, you dont have to pay in full up front... you pay when you leave... and if you book your room a certain time in advace, you get the same $59 per night rate that is offered on Expedia... She said the AAA discounts differ every month... and that if i was booking today, it wouldve cost me $53 instead of $59 (hey saving is saving :rotfl:)

just thought i'd give everyone a heads up...

p.s. here is the number i called in case others have questions, or just wanna hear things for themselves...
(630) 789 - 6300

Are they aware we will have potentially a large group of people? Maybe they give group rates if we have a certain number of rooms.

Boricua SS

Nov 20, 2011
Ohio
Wishbone said:
Are they aware we will have potentially a large group of people? Maybe they give group rates if we have a certain number of rooms.

knew i would forget something :rotfl: but that would leave alot up in the air... how many were comitting to going to this hotel, etc... you know how meets are... 24 are signed up, and only 10 will show :crackup:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Yup, you're absolutely right. So I just booked my room through RCI timeshare membership and got $55.60 per night, fully refundable...!

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
If I go through the super 8 website, it is currently giving me the following options:

Single king bed :smile:biggrin:smile:
Standard rate $69.99, refundable
AAA discount, $62.99, refundable
Advance purchase, $59.49, non-refundable

So at least at the moment AAA doesn't stack on top of the advance purchase. Pity lol. I'll probably go that route as it is only a couple extra bucks over the advance purchase and still gives me the option to cancel if something came up and I couldn't make it, we have a change of plans or location for some reason, etc

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Anyone have issues with making a reservation online? I went through it but when I it reserve it sent me back to the home page and I didn't get a confirmation email. I don't want to try again and accidentally end up reserving two rooms. That would be bad.

Guess I'll have to call them.

Anyway, I'm going to shoot for getting there between 2 and 3 on Friday.

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
Sparky said:
Anyone have issues with making a reservation online? I went through it but when I it reserve it sent me back to the home page and I didn't get a confirmation email. I don't want to try again and accidentally end up reserving two rooms. That would be bad.

Guess I'll have to call them.

Yes, I also did not get an email. I printed the confirmation page so at least I had the confirmation number handy. I called back the next day and talked to customer service, who confirmed the reservation, and also sent me a confirmation email.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Hm, well I didn't even get a confirmation page.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Firebaugh86

Members Online