Michigan winter meet???

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Hello to everyone that has made the switch to GMTNation.com. Some of us were thinking of planning a winter meet for the Michigan members. Sam (ItsOnVoy) and I have talked about finding a good place where we we could all get together and have some fun with each other as well as our families. Since most of the members are located near the Detroit area we are looking for your help to get this planned. We are thinking of a place that has lots of indoor activities. The dates are open right now but looking for late January to early February.

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Late Jan or Early Feb sounds good! Come on guys, what are some good times for everyone? A day with no weddings, work, school (me), etc etc. Also we need a day where there is not a foot of snow on the roads lol that way driving there will be a bit easier!

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
January-February sounds good to me! I start classes back up on January 9th, but my schedule should be fairly flexible (I have 2 night classes a week). I can't really think of a place that has a lot of things to do, though...at least not off the top of my head

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Heepish said:
January-February sounds good to me! I start classes back up on January 9th, but my schedule should be fairly flexible (I have 2 night classes a week). I can't really think of a place that has a lot of things to do, though...at least not off the top of my head

there has been talk about a super bowl meet/ party also

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
there has been talk about a super bowl meet/ party also

That also sounds like a good idea. I'll keep an eye out for when you guys make the final decision on location :yes:

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
I'm down for a meet!

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
Glad I don't have to worry about a work schedule preventing me from joining, I'm my own boss this year :woohoo:

TB2k4

Dec 4, 2011
Heepish said:
Glad I don't have to worry about a work schedule preventing me from joining, I'm my own boss this year :woohoo:

hey come on now, no chirping here, this is a friendly site.

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
TB2k4 said:
just joking around. with the tb or different truck?

I had a hunch you were :raspberry: Going to use my 1994 Silverado 4x4

I'm still thinking of the location, jham. No luck so far...:no:

jbones

Dec 5, 2011
Heepish said:
I had a hunch you were :raspberry: Going to use my 1994 Silverado 4x4

I'm still thinking of the location, jham. No luck so far...:no:

How about here in Washington State, I'm Born and rasied in Kalamazoo/Parchment, you could road trip and vist your MI friends out here. :ok:

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
jbones said:
How about here in Washington State, I'm Born and rasied in Kalamazoo/Parchment, you could road trip and vist your MI friends out here. :ok:

But theres more of us here! You're welcome to join us here in the Mitten :Over Here!: :tongue:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
I'm up for a winter meet! I don't know of a place right now, but I'm thinking some huge abandoned airport hangar or parking garage out of the weather? What kind of activity? Winter sport like sledding? Or something indoor, like bowling or whirlyball?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
We can do bowling or something, Jeff (Jham) and I were thinking of doing a super bowl party for something? Get a get together and watch that game maybe?

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
ItsOnVoy said:
We can do bowling or something, Jeff (Jham) and I were thinking of doing a super bowl party for something? Get a get together and watch that game maybe?

I have a good size heated Garage with 42 plasma I would host But most our Members are in Detroit so was tring to keep it down there

2004LS said:
I'm up for a winter meet! I don't know of a place right now, but I'm thinking some huge abandoned airport hangar or parking garage out of the weather? What kind of activity? Winter sport like sledding? Or something indoor, like bowling or whirlyball?

Parking garage would be Great IMO Any kind of activities will work. I am sure there will be plenty of Children there. Our fall meet was such a blast with the bouncy castly and all the great people I am sure anything we plan will be a great time for all.

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
I have a good size heated Garage with 42 plasma I would host But most our Members are in Detroit so was tring to keep it down there

Parking garage would be Great IMO Any kind of activities will work. I am sure there will be plenty of Children there. Our fall meet was such a blast with the bouncy castly and all the great people I am sure anything we plan will be a great time for all.

How long of a commute is it between Detroit and St Louis?

ItsOnVoy

Nov 21, 2011
Heepish said:
How long of a commute is it between Detroit and St Louis?

Aren't you in the ROC? lol

But it is about 2 and half hours

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
How about we go to the NAIAS?

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
that's a good idea
:thumbsup:

This year's show is going to ROCK!

They're debuting the new Cadillac ATS, Buick Encore, and two new concepts, and they may show the new TB as well!

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Envoy4Life said:
This year's show is going to ROCK!

They're debuting the new Cadillac ATS, Buick Encore, and two new concepts, and they may show the new TB as well!

ok cool so it looks like the 22nd or 23rd of January I am down for it lets see how many others are

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
So folks will the 22nd work? Meet up for lunch (I am thinking somewhere like Buffalo wild wings) then convoy over to the auto show?

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
The folks and I were planning on going this year, along with a buddy or two. We're still not sure on the date, but if it works out we might be able to meet up with the rest of you :yes:

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
Heepish said:
The folks and I were planning on going this year, along with a buddy or two. We're still not sure on the date, but if it works out we might be able to meet up with the rest of you :yes:

Same here but depends on work. Only missed 1 show in the last 10 years. The only complaint I would have is attending on the weekend. The mob-like mentality of the kids makes it an unpleasant trip. A much more engaging (and relaxing) experience on a school day! :yes:

jham

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Busterbrown said:
Same here but depends on work. Only missed 1 show in the last 10 years. The only complaint I would have is attending on the weekend. The mob-like mentality of the kids makes it an unpleasant trip. A much more engaging (and relaxing) experience on a school day! :yes:

thanks for the insight on the show. So how many can make it on the 21st? I have weekends and Fridays free.

Lets start a early list. Please list the dates that will work
1. jham (Jeff and family) can make any of the dates talked about

SSWannabe

Dec 5, 2011
2. SSwannabe (Dave ) and SS member (Allen) again 21st or 22nd ... 22nd preferably "sorry guys no bounce house this time" :sadcry: lol

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Busterbrown

Dec 4, 2011
2. SSwannabe (Dave ) and SS member (Allen) again 21st or 22nd ... 22nd preferably "sorry guys no bounce house this time" :sadcry: lol
3. Busterbrown (Chris maybe with Family); Friday the 20th would be a better date for me.

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
jham said:
So folks will the 22nd work? Meet up for lunch (I am thinking somewhere like Buffalo wild wings) then convoy over to the auto show?

Works for me! :thumbsup:

Busterbrown said:
3. Busterbrown (Chris maybe with Family); Friday the 20th would be a better date for me.

Add Envoy4Life in there!

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011

Heepish

Dec 4, 2011
4. Envoy4Life (Luke) Any day that weekend
5. Heepish (Eli and family); Preferably the 20th or 21st

Envoy4Life

Dec 4, 2011
I'm Luke by the way! :smile:

Wishbone

Dec 5, 2011
4. Envoy4Life (Luke) Any day that weekend
5. Heepish (Eli and family); Preferably the 20th or 21st
6. 2004LS (Jay and +1); Fri 20th, or Sat 21st

I think I'm also leaning toward a weekday without all the :crazy: weekend amateurs... :hissyfit:

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online