Mevotech Upper and Lower control arm, Are they good?

silverstar020

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Hey,

Has anyone used the Mevotech Upper and Lower Control arms? Is this a pretty good product to use? I've had my TB EXT going on 10 yrs and think it time to change out these items as well as the stabilizer bar bushing from Mevotech. To give even a smoother ride.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
Heard negative reviews on the ball joints in the arms on ORTB. Lasting under a year.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
I used the "better" mevotech on a different vehicle with no problems. Think they were mevotech supreme or something. Not sure about these trucks. I'm gonna use the beck/arnley myself. They were pretty close in price.

Think they're $109 on rockauto for lowers

silverstar020

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Tiggerr said:
I used the "better" mevotech on a different vehicle with no problems. Think they were mevotech supreme or something. Not sure about these trucks. I'm gonna use the beck/arnley myself. They were pretty close in price.

Think they're $109 on rockauto for lowers
So whats good about the Beck/Arnley?

silverstar020

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
HARDTRAILZ said:
Heard negative reviews on the ball joints in the arms on ORTB. Lasting under a year.
Yeah I heard the same thing wasn't sure about the bushings. I will want to change the control arms as a assembly but not sure who to go with. Any suggestions?

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Beck/arnley has been around forever. They have also been an OEM mfg. not sure if they still do that. Has always been a quality product. IMHO

silverstar020

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Tiggerr said:
Beck/arnley has been around forever. They have also been an OEM mfg. not sure if they still do that. Has always been a quality product. IMHO
I just checked they only make three parts for the TB EXT

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I haven't had good luck with Mevotech's stuff. Boots wouldn't stay on the Supreme lowers so they failed from contamination. I also received a cracked outer tie rod. Their stuff is made in China. Maybe their supreme line is made by teenagers instead of children.

The upper A-arms may not matter because they don't have a balljoint but the lowers should be chosen carefully. Two schools of thought: buy a cheaper A-arm and take the chance that you might not need to replace the balljoint in the near future (you never know, it might last) or buy a more expensive one and hope it does last. I've seen expensive stuff fail early and cheap stuff last longer.

silverstar020

Original poster
Jun 26, 2014
Mooseman said:
I haven't had good luck with Mevotech's stuff. Boots wouldn't stay on the Supreme lowers so they failed from contamination. I also received a cracked outer tie rod. Their stuff is made in China. Maybe their supreme line is made by teenagers instead of children.

The upper A-arms may not matter because they don't have a balljoint but the lowers should be chosen carefully. Two schools of thought: buy a cheaper A-arm and take the chance that you might not need to replace the balljoint in the near future (you never know, it might last) or buy a more expensive one and hope it does last. I've seen expensive stuff fail early and cheap stuff last longer.
Well is there a good brand to go with other than the general auto stores? I would much rather buy an all in one for the upper and lower. Also what would be a good Stabilizer bar bushing?

Whats some good brands to go with for an all in one upper and lower control arm and stabilizer bushing?

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I don't think there are any all in ones available. check for what's available on RockAuto. Amazon is another good place to look. You don't have to use the same brand for everything.

HARDTRAILZ

Nov 18, 2011
I did cheapest eBay uppers n have Moog lowers to install. Definitely can not recommend tock auto though. Summit treated me far better for basically same price and no lies.

Mooseman

Dec 4, 2011
Ottawa, ON
I use RockAuto to find part numbers and plunk them into Amazon where the price is usually better with the included shipping.

Tiggerr

Jun 6, 2013
Perrysburg, OH
Mooseman said:
I use RockAuto to find part numbers and plunk them into Amazon where the price is usually better with the included shipping.
Been my method too. Sometimes rockauto still cheaper tho. With prime Amazon is pretty good for a lot of stuff though

Jul 24, 2012
I think the UCAs I got from Rock Auto were Doorman.

Cheap Mevotech UBJs didn't last.

smt 59

I used Dorman on mine as they are a higher quality and made in the USA, no issues. Ordered in Mevo's first and noted the cheapness in material etc. and immediately questioned them, I was told they are mainstream and the lowest cost, sent back and got Dorman.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chirobo1

Members Online

No members online now.