Metra GMOS-100 adapter, Chimes not functioning

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
I installed over the holidays my pioneer AVH-2500BT, using a GMOS-100 adapter. Crutchfield recommended the GMOS, because they said it was the best adapter to retain the steering wheel controls, chimes, and onstar. Unfortunately, none of the above worked for my 2005 saab 9-7x. The first adapter they sent me, the onstar would work. The chimes would work intermittently, and the steering wheel controls did not work either. The second adapter they sent me, the onstar and steering wheel controls work, but the chimes were still intermittent. They sent me a third adapter today. I have been on the phone with crutchfield and metra and both say that there is nothing conflicting that would cause the chimes not to work. Anybody experience any problems similar to mine with any resolutions?
Thanks

Me007gold

Nov 20, 2011
Is the volume turned all the way down? May sound silly, but you never know. And are you sure the 100 is the correct adaptor? I am pretty sure I am using the 04

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Me007gold said:
Is the volume turned all the way down? May sound silly, but you never know. And are you sure the 100 is the correct adaptor? I am pretty sure I am using the 04

Yep I checked the volume, and it was all the way up. The GMOS comes with different wiring harnesses for different models and I am currently using the one designated for my truck.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Me007gold said:
And are you sure the 100 is the correct adaptor? I am pretty sure I am using the 04

I looked at that too. I'm also using the GMOS-04.
But I went and looked at the 100. It states it's for our trucks and will keep rear ent., rear seat dvd, steering wheel controls, ... - which is awesome - if it would work.
I hope you get it workong because this sounds like the adapter to use.
With the GMOS-04, we loose all rear seat controls and need a seperate adapter for the wheel controls.

Dad-O-Matic

Dec 5, 2011
Black LT said:
I looked at that too. I'm also using the GMOS-04.
But I went and looked at the 100. It states it's for our trucks and will keep rear ent., rear seat dvd, steering wheel controls, ... - which is awesome - if it would work.
I hope you get it workong because this sounds like the adapter to use.
With the GMOS-04, we loose all rear seat controls and need a seperate adapter for the wheel controls.

If you read the fine print, it only keeps the RSE for GMLAN29 vehicles which was never used in the GMT 360/370 family. Our always used the old Class II data-bus. Everything else should work though.

Bscfrank914

Original poster
Aug 10, 2012
Dad-O-Matic said:
If you read the fine print, it only keeps the RSE for GMLAN29 vehicles which was never used in the GMT 360/370 family. Our always used the old Class II data-bus. Everything else should work though.

Yeah. I tried the third module out today, and yet again the chimes do not work. Everything else does. Guess I'll have to live without the chimes. It could be worse.

Black LT

Dec 4, 2011
Not an answer, and maybe not even a help - but some info. that may help somebody figure it out.

After I installed my after market amp, we were at Carlisle Nationals and Andrew ask why my amp was on. It took a little to figure out, but the factory amp comes on to ding, ding, ding. I had my amps remote on wire tied into the factory's, so when I'd put my key in (with the door open), the amp would come on.

So my point being - is the chime not being sent or is the amp not being signaled to turn on by the adapter? The radio doesn't power on for the chimes so it's some wires that have nothing to do with the radio but I guess go through the adapter to carry the audio signal and turn the amp on.
Maybe that wire shouldn't go through the adapter. I don't know - just babbling.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ready67

Members Online

No members online now.