Members projector retrofits

Mar 30, 2016
KSA
Much better for sure. Did you put the solenoid back in or just the shield? It looks like you have a little bit of light bleeding through the solenoid mounting holes that you may need to cover up with some foil tape.

Just the shield. Yeah I agree, time to open them up one last time :rotfl:

Capote

Supporting Donor
Jul 14, 2014
Atlanta, GA
My oven is too small to bake any open.

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I made some slight progress on my Silverado's headlights last week. Yeah, still not done... over 2 years later. I've been putting up with halogens this whole time (which really aren't that bad on this truck).

Need to finish soon.

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
I want to build my LS430s, lord knows they've been sitting in that box for years waiting for me to get off my butt! I am also curious how TRS's new threaded shaft LED projectors perform. Those would be far easier, and faster (y'all know me :rolleyes:) to complete, but life and lack of funds is squarely in the way.

Since I have a lot of real estate for testing now, compared to apartment buildings and condos like before, I wanted to build a better test bench. Buy a spare header panel, attach it to a saw horse or something similar, that way I wouldn't have to dismantle the front end of the truck to get things dialed in. Get all my tweaking and tuning done, and then pnp on the truck :thumbsup:

Aarkon

Nov 6, 2013
long time no talk blckshdw! I have been watching the progress of the mled lights as well seem to almost be comparable to the hids

Blckshdw

Nov 20, 2011
Tampa Bay Area, FL
long time no talk blckshdw! I have been watching the progress of the mled lights as well seem to almost be comparable to the hids

Glad to see you're still alive and kicking up there! :tiphat: I watched a few of the videos they posted, and :iagree: the performance looks pretty close to HID.

I was also eyeballing the Koito and Osram bi-LED projectors, since there are no external drivers needed, everything could be self contained inside the headlight assembly, just an extra wire splice or 2. :undecided: Of course that would require another overly complicated mounting system since they are OEM style but that gives me an excuse to take forever to finish it :tongue:

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
I know this is in the GMT360 section, but there's no projector retrofit thread in general, so, since you guys inspired me to at least get a little more done, I decided to file down the backside of the reflector bowl a bit to get the projector sitting level. Part of me wants to cut the bowl out and recess it back, but that would take a lot more effort that I'm not sure about doing. Yes it is dirty, and no it is not sealed. Just a test fit, will be cleaned up before sealing.

I need to find a place nearby that I can go to when it is getting dark to align stuff.

20180531_135046.jpg

20180531_135053.jpg

Sparky

Dec 4, 2011
Yes it can (on non-OEM headlights) but it takes more time and effort to be sure you're not overheating things.

Reactions: Blckshdw

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MissCrutcher

Members Online

No members online now.